1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Dantoni felt disrespected by organization, chose to quit on plane

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 15, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao WB means well while making mistakes and meanwhile TF is just playing everyone and doing a Loki the God of Mischief impersonation.

HP3 and justtxyank like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter if he means well or not. The fact is he was a terrible mistake from day 1. and so is tilman.

both have been disasters from the start

HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Broke b**** Tilly at it again. Money can’t buy decency.

HP3 and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Mike Dan Tony really needs to remain in his seat with his seatbelt fastened, and bring his seat back to its forward position, in preparation for landing.

RayRay10 and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

so this confirms it then

Tilman Fertitita is Jackie Moon

D-rock likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

I think the issue was more then just a phone call. Tillman was never believer in mike or he would have extended him after 2018 WCF .

bmelo, Nook, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fans felt disrespected by organization, may choose to quit on team.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you sure about that? sounded like you could believe it when he bought the team on 2017:

smh

Richie_Rich, IvanLCPM, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This narrative has been spun but it's not supported by facts. Morey has publicly wooed DAntoni. Tilman and Morey and Tad flew to Dantoni's WV home to get an extension hammered out and thought they had one done. His agent nixed it.

Tilman wanted to re-sign Dantoni before this year, he just thought he could throw his dick around and bully Dantoni into taking less money with "incentives" because that's how he operates.

HP3, ElPigto, Chuck Nevitt and 3 others like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Could be right given Tillman and his penny pinching history

D-rock likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is nothing new. NOBODY likes working with of for Fertitta. Excerpt maybe his kids.

Richie_Rich, Nook, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I agree that Tilman should have called MDA, as a sign of courtesy and good manners, and communicated his intentions that he should no longer be the Rockets coach. But what I don't understand is ... MDA had aspirations to continue being the coach? After the resounding failure of his system and being absolutely unable to make the necessary adjustments during all the decisive games? Really? Amazing.

Invisible Fan and pippendagimp like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, opinions can change.

With that being said...LOL @ DD.

Also, how did you even find that, @IBTL? o_O

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll never quit on the team personally, even if we become Knicks south. I'll always watch because I love the sport and I'll watch them any way along with every other team...but I'll just bandwagon onto teams with players I like.

I'm bandwagoning the Nuggets tonight just because it would be great to deny the media their LA matchup. Even though I do like Kawhi...

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Albert Einstein : “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” ... Widely known are the words from Albert Einstein

The Rockets Organization from the Front Office to the Coaches and the Roster needs to Change.
    The Rockets need real 3 Point Shooting Point Guard that can tske over tje Game for James Harden and have more Youth on the Team in the Worst way.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

my god if only this much time and energy was spent making the adjustments or god forbid expanding rotation and developing young players

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly talking about stepping on necks after not re-signing Ariza, trading away 1st & 2nd rounders and DeAnthony Melton to cut salary to get under LT was a joke. This was the season after a Rockets won a franchise 65 wins and pushed GSW in WCF to breaking point before CP3 snapped his hammy.

The time to step on necks was in offseason, trade for Jimmy Butler and/or sign Lebron James.

Not alienate key assistant coaches and decimate your roster of glue players, cutting corners by adding euro-league vet min players as replacements for guys who helped put Rockets defense in top 6.

Tilly does not walk his talk.

Tilly is a coward and a loser.

#157 D-rock, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Richie_Rich, bmelo, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  18. a time to chill

This seems like nothing to get upset with over as a fan. Most assumed that D'Antoni was gone if the Rockets failed in the playoffs again anyway. I don't understand all the Fertita outrage. I would've been upset if he had extended D'Antoni.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It was time for the Rockets and D’Antoni to end their partnership, but nobody is going to want to play or work for Tilman Fertitta if he treats his well-respected employees like this. All he had to do was pick up the phone, thank D’Antoni for his service to the organization, and say it’s time to mutually go our separate ways. Instead, he can’t be bothered to act with a little bit of class.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, changed my mind after seeing his actions, the great day comment was because he was a Houstonian and would keep the team in Houston - he has since proven to be ****.

We are allowed to view evidence and make an updated opinion when circumstances change, IBTL - I know you love to follow me around like a lost puppy trying gotchas......

Must be tough to be bothered so much by what someone posts on a message board - that you go search for things.....to just say "Gotcha".....I pity you.

:)

DD

PS. If we choose JVG, I love it....I hated JVG for the previous team - thought he lost them, but for this one, he would be perfect, get to digging young man....

#160 DaDakota, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Rashmon and bmelo like this.