1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't see a thread posted yet but I figured I would go ahead and start one.

There are several spoilers out there about major character is supposed to die in season 5. Here's a link if anyone is interested in knowing what's being tossed out there.

One of the writers said earlier this week that they are planning for at least 12 seasons.

The trailer is supposed to be released at the end of July.

Here is a photo leak:

[​IMG]

I'm excited about the upcoming season.

2. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Here is a couple of photos from where they're filming this upcoming season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Lol 12 seasons for this when better shows get canceled is an atrocity to good cable television. But people will continue to watch because of zombies.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Meh, I thought the show kinda jumped the shark last season. Honestly the midseason finale was the only good episode in the bunch. I personally think the show has been dragging since they left the farm. Just too many characters I can't stand.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the show gets interesting again, I'll probably watch, but I'm not exactly counting the days.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And all the people complaining will still watch. 12 seasons is a bit much, and while there are better shows on tv, there's also far worse. Despite some periods of stupidity it's still a good and entertaining series.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Funny because I thought this past season was its strongest yet.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

All I care about is will Daryl find Beth and requite his love for her before they both die

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can usually judge how interested I am in a show by how long it stays on my DVR before I watch it. At one point I had 3 unwatched episodes last season. The assault on the prison was a spectacular episode that go me re-invested, but then the second half of the season was a snoozefest.

This is a popcorn show, I don't think it is nearly well written enough to do slow character development, which the show tried to do a lot of last season. And as many have complained about, the show just doesn't seem to function as well when the walkers aren't credible threats anymore.

9. Raven

Raven Member

It jumped with the last episode of season two.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

At least 12 seasons. Wow.

When is the spinoff supposed to start? That sounds like too much zombie.

11. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I just don't know if it's going to happen.

As far as the spinoff, I haven't heard much.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Following the comic. There is a roadmap......there is no jumping the shark.

There are some characters still alive on the TV show that would be dead if they followed the comic exactly...and visa versa. BTW....the major character's death would make more sense in season 6 unless they speed up the story line.

13. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

12 seasons? doubtful..thats dependent on tv viewership...if the show starts to slack or something better comes a long and the numbers are down TV execs will axe it.

14. Indaface

Indaface Member

I have like 10 episodes from last season still on my DVR that I eventually plan on getting to. It pretty much lost me third season but I still watched a few from last season.

Does Lennie James make any more appearances? It's crazy that he's only been in two episodes and I care more about what happens to him than anyone else on the show combined.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've been waiting too long for this show to be "good"

It's been a total train wreck IMO, I finally ditched it half way through last season and have no plans to ever go back

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I will be here when everyone who swore off the show comes back to complain about it in season 5.

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I hope it makes a comeback. About halfway through last season, I stopped watching on the first airing, and just caught up when I could. It became very sluggish, and boring to me.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Me too. I'm still interested in the show, and hope it gets better.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If they do make a spinoff I think it will be better than the original. The spinoff won't have the burden of the source material hanging over it. I think the reason the walking dead is so bad is because they are struggling not to catchup with the comics, while trying to deviate from the comics, then try to follow the comics exactly for an episode or two after they have already made changes. It's a mess. I also think the showrunners take the show way too seriously.

20. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

That's gross. Beth is so young she could be his niece.