1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ambush

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe that's more impotent than knowing what real issues are.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't know that Tulsi would gather more support, but someone that is young and can speak well, I think would resonate with a very large percentage of the population, so long as they were presidential. Maybe Tulsi wasn't the best example, but she still fits the bill.

I get what you're saying about Biden. I don't put stock into those videos, but I worry others do. I really worry about that and that it's going to cost him enough votes to make this a closer election than it should be.

I'm okay with Biden. I'm never going to vote for Trump. Never would. I just think there were better candidates for this time in our history. I think we need someone to be a long term face of the party, ala Obama, and that's not what we're getting with Biden, who may not last one term. But I get what you're saying. I really do. I'm just playing devil's advocate and showing things I worry about.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why did Biden beat all of young well speaking people for the nomination?

And did it in a landslide?

None of this makes sense.

You don't need to tear biden down to make that point, especially using Gabbard as an example.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

He beat them because they weren't what the establishment wanted.

And I agree with your last point. I'm not trying to tear him down, though, I'm just trying to see things through the undecided's eyes.

The extent of me tearing him down is saying that he wasn't the best candidate, imo, which he wasn't. Everybody's got an opinion on that, and they're all just as valid. More people that got to vote in the primary thought Biden was their best choice, kind of. That's a little bit arguable, but he got the majority of the delegates. I'm cool with that. But that doesn't mean you can't criticize the process.

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The establishment wanted Obama to beat Clinton, then they wanted Clinton to beat Bernie -- for this election the establishment chose Biden over all the other candidates. They forced everyone to vote for Biden starting with the South Carolina primary. The establishment has mysterious ways and frightening power -- I shouldn't even be posting this information.

jiggyfly, Deckard, VooDooPope and 4 others like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

The primary system is flawed, and you're smart enough to know that.

VooDooPope and RayRay10 like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[the down low] It's almost like the Democratic establishment harbors some concept of majoritarian democracy - this is one of the key distinguishing factors from their GOP establishment counterparts. [/the down low]

RayRay10, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dude, the first rule of Fight Club is ...

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Get the hell out of here with that establishment crap.

The extent of you tearing him down was questioning his cognitive ability as if he has trouble completing sentences.

What's arguable about him getting the majority of the votes he won everything from Super Tues on, you can't even get the facts straight.

Was the process bad when Bernie was winning everything before SC?

He got the majority of votes and delegates, educate yourself.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Busted!

Biden should just withdraw now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member

haha

to your earlier point - i know what eddie is saying and yes biden is a good candidate but it was a bit creepy how at time of sc biden was left for dead and "powers that be" werent going to allow bernie.

biden has some support that is fair to call part of some "establishment" its a tad unsettling to be frank..

but....that establishment timing is such they can ride the wave of stupidity into the white house. still better than or i guess more "established" in more ways than just part of a bigger theme.

more like obama , bush jr sr, clinton etc which at this point is a god send.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

That picture does look a little like me lol. I'm younger than that though. And I don't have Facebook.

Please show where I questioned his cognitive ability. I simply said others are. I defended him by saying he has a speech impediment and people use this against him. That's super wrong.

As far as the establishment crap, I'm probably phrasing it wrong. I'm just saying the primaries could be done better for a fairer shake. I also means the establishment to be both the Democratic party and straight line party voters.

Let's start by getting rid of caucuses. Then, let's hold them closer together. You're making key states not matter. I live in a swing state but my primary doesn't matter ever.

He did sweep things after super Tuesday, but seeing how different results are from state to state, shouldn't we get more state votes done early?

Of course he won. And I'm fine with it. I personally think there were better candidates. Especially with the hindsight of covid. I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning the choice. It's healthy. Just as we criticize Congress and the President.

I also think it's healthy to criticize the process. And I really think it could be revamped because it's put out just average candidates the last two cycles.

Its not like I'm saying anything outlandish here or groundbreaking. It's actually fairly in line with most others here. I'm just trying to add a dose of realism and say what I hear from Republicans. We, as Biden supporters, can choose to live in an insulated box of thinking this will be a runaway (and I hope it is), but in my opinion, we should realize that it's going to be very close, very contested, and probably going to get nasty. I think having those expectations is realistic.

#56 Two Sandwiches, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.