1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ambush

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

yeah, those were such hard questions.

edwardc, Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Asking questions about the pandemic, healthcare, voting, etc. is a sign they are a planted Democrat? What do you think undecided voters care about??... Tom Hank child eating QAnon conspiracies?

Look if Trump cannot answer basic questions about the pandemic and healthcare etc. and can’t handle simple easy to check fact checks, what does that say about Donald Trump as a candidate for president and what does it say about his supporters who coddle him and worship him like a god?

This would be like a Democratic nominee for president not being able to answer a question about the national debt or abortion. They would instantly be disqualified if they were asked about the debt and lied their butts off and the supporters of that candidate who b****ed about the question would be considered.... what’s a nice version of the word I’m thinking of that Trump loves to use to talk about our Generals and parts of women that he loves to assault??

Deckard, bobrek, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. They tricked Trump into derping about COVID going away due to "herd mentality".

Deckard, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Meh if you say so. You don’t believe they are undecided voters but you will believe in radiating your balls or whatever the hell QAnon and the Trumper’s tell you to do.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah, i'm sure if Trump finally had the opportunity to just. speak to the American people, the 60% of us who can't stand him would all change our minds and decide, wait, UN**** THIS GUY ALL OF A SUDDEN HE'S REALLY ON TO SOMETHING, NOW WHERE DO I INJECT THE BLEACH

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't say bleach. The President said 'disinfectant'. If You say bleach they will say you're lying. Because injecting 'disinfectant' is a brilliant idea.

IBTL, Deckard, edwardc and 4 others like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did everybody miss the democratic primary?

So Jill Stein voters are in the bag for Biden?

Wait I thought Biden was in the throws of dementia so why does it matter if he gets the questions, he will be drooling all over himself regardless,right?

Oh yeah were public tickets available for Trumps Town Hall?

Deckard, edwardc, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A fantastic own goal by Trump and his motley band of campaign dipshits and their acolytes like @Commodore is all the time they wasted trying to lower the bar for Biden so that all he has to do is show up, drink water, walk a ramp, speak in complete sentences to clown them.

Meanwhile President person man woman camera TV is having mini strokes and is literally saying he hates the troops and wishing a plague on his citizens, in addition to his usual erratic instability and babbling incoherence

Maybe the "mental acuity" thing was not a good call in hindsight, no, Brad?

Deckard, RayRay10, No Worries and 5 others like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

True dat.

Yeah lowering the bar for Biden is backfiring big time.

The same thing happened in the dem primary.

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. OMG, it's so unfair! Poor pathetic lying Trump didn't get his cult followers to ask him questions. So if he did the questions would be so relevant, right? I can hear them now.

Uh, can I take my mask off now? I mean, you don't care, right?

So, can you make me a promise you'll keep those low income losers and looters from having affordable housing near my nice white suburbs?

I know you speak as a man of God Mr. Trump, and I want to know if you will consider taking away all rights for those gays and lesbians who shouldn't choose to live a life of sin.

Can we cut out some more of those safety regulations again this term in the chemical plants? We can generate a lot more profits and build up our economy so much faster without them, right?

Can you promise to not give free or reduced healthcare? If people can't afford healthcare it's their own fault for not going to college and getting a higher paying job. If they have to work 2 jobs to afford healthcare for their family then it's their own fault right?

And the list goes on.

Invisible Fan, ROXTXIA and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Am Blush?

What shade of makeup do you use?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Here's my issue:

I forgot to tune into this thing. I saw one as for it, but I admittedly don't watch much TV. I wish I would have tuned in to see him make a fool of himself. I love seeing fools be foils when they think they're not fools.

Let's not throw the ratings in his face. I wish this would have had insane, bonkers ratings. If they had, we'd know that the bulk of Americans are seeing how bad this guy is. Instead, not many people did.

What's the issue with that?

The issue is that if Biden gets massive ratings in his town hall and stumbles, more people will remember that than Trump stumbling. It's basically the same exact strategy the Biden camp has used so far. Of course, if Biden does very well, the ratings are great. The problem is Biden mentally has lost a step, and while they both have, Biden also has a speech impediment, which amplifies this. And he also has an opponent that is keen on using that against him.

This is why I've said all along that the Dems screwed the pooch in their choice. All they needed was to nominate someone young and charismatic. We would have seen an utter landslide in the election, had that been the case. Yang, Pete, Booker, hell Tulsi, or even Klobuchar would have been better candidates than Biden, imo. I know I'll catch hell for that, but it's the truth.

I hope Biden kills it. I hope he nails the town hall. I hope he wipes the floor with Trump at the debates. I'm just a bit skeptical. It doesn't matter how much Trump stumbles, he's created an environment where everyone is against him and his flaws are teflon-coated. This is something he's done his entire life. I just wish more people had seen and realize the harm teflon has caused the general population....

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly doubt there are many on the fence at this time anyway. There are so many people who absolutely despise Trump at this point because of how he had been lying. lying, lying for months during this pandemic. There are hundreds of thousands of Americans who have either lost family members, lost jobs, and racked up insurmountable bills from being hospitalized for weeks. All the pain and suffering without an ounce of remorse from our President.

I think at this point people have realized they can't trust Trump to be honest about anything. I think after almost 4 years of false promises people find Trump the biggest threat to Americans and democracy..

All Trump's campaign promises will be dust in the wind once again except for the benefits to the top 1%. He will still be a childish tweeting bully. He will still spend hundreds of millions of taxpayers' money golfing. He will still hire loyalists who are either white collar criminals, not the best qualified for their position of authority, or just lackeys to praise him and do anything he wants, even if it isn't legal. He will still find ways to richen his family and avoid criminal charges. He will still believe and trust dictators and fascist type rulers over Democratic Western World leaders. Double love for Putin. He will still lie, lie, lie, and brag, brag, brag about everything.

I don't know how anyone could be on the fence. You either love him or hate him. I don't have too much trust in polls. Not everyone participates in them. I don't.

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How the hell would Tulsi be a better candidate?

Saying that all of these people would be better candidates is your truth.

After all the debates and interviews why are people still trying to claim Biden is a liability when he speaks publically?

No trumps flaws are not teflon- coated as seen in the polls and people know about Trump as evidenced with low number of undecided voters.

You seem to put a lot of stock in these videos floating around of Biden flubbing stuff and looking feeble, don't project that on everybody else.

How do you know these other people would handle the red hot glare of being the Democratic nominee?

I don't think biden is the perfect candidate but I am sick and tired of people acting like he is some demented old person who is one step from a drool bucket, I am also sick and tired of people denigrating democrats for picking him as if anyone else would be winning in a landslide.

Hey Eddie you want to tell us why Tulsi would gather more support than Biden?

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s journalism of the highest order. Not a “hoax” and not “fake news” that trump’s supporters are constantly blaming for the mainstream media’s honest reporting on trump’s failures, his lies. This actually happened and was part of the puzzle of what happened at Watergate, a puzzle Woodward and Bernstein put together that condemned Richard Nixon.

If people prefer their history via Hollywood, watch “All the President’s Men.” It’s a great film with Academy Award winning actors portraying how honest reporting brought down Nixon. Hard working reporters who didn’t stop investigating until they discovered and exposed the truth. At the time, most of the country didn’t believe them. Nixon was re-elected in a landslide which would likely have happened had the man simply run an honest campaign. Instead, in his paranoia, he decided to break the law and to cheat.

I read W&B’s reporting at the time and believed them, arguing with friends and relatives about it. Argued with my father, who ordinarily voted Democratic, but just didn’t like McGovern. Argued with him while standing in line for our turn to vote. He went in one booth, I went in another. They had voting booths at the time. I’ve told the story before. Months later, he apologized for not listening to me. That was a moment I’ve never forgotten, although it was nearly 50 years ago and he’s been dead for 40. It was a different country then. Better, in many ways. He would be contributing to Biden’s campaign if he were alive today. I certainly am.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We have come a long way from the Canuck letter. And not far at all. Should I say, the system has become more sophisticated (*Ukraine!* cough). And, then again, has it? Nixon had South Vietnam waffle on peace talks until after the election. And round we go.

mdrowe00, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Some one should have asked him if it is true that Baron is his love child with Ivanka.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Where have you been for the past 2,000 years? I'm so glad you're here now, Cheetos Jesus: more cheetil, gimme more cheetil! If you send the libtards to hell, could you spare my neighbor Linda, she's kinda hot and we can convert her?"

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.