1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All inclusives in Greece?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, May 12, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anyone ever done any of these? I've seen some decent deals lately. Wondering how they compare to the Caribbean, both quality and safety wise.

We've done Mexico and Punts Cana, and we're looking for a vacation in October. We've been thinking another all inclusive or a cruise, but thought Greece could be a wild card.

Not even sure about the weather, either.

I'm about to go to my barber, who is Greek, as well, maybe I'll ask him too.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Greece would be an excellent spot. That place is beautiful as hell. Theyre probably throwing all inclusive packages together because the economy has gone to shiz.

Would definitely do Greece over Mexico for sure. Dont know how safe it is at the moment with people over there jobless and hungry. May be desperate time to do desperate measures. IMO, I think the Greek police or government would have some kind of law enforcement to protect their tourism economy going cause they dont have much else.

3. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I haven't stayed at an all-inclusive in Greece, but I did vacation in Santorini and Mykonos for my honeymoon last year, and it was incredible. Food and drink isn't as expensive as you would think. You may want to consider booking everything separately so that you don't feel obligated to spend all your time at the resort. Also keep in mind that a lot of hotels will offer free breakfasts and that will help you keep costs down for a meal a day.

4. elrond

elrond Member

If you do decide to go, do some research first. I had a friend who just got back from a very disappointing trip since lots of people were on strike and lots of things like ferries were shut down.