1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ahead of the Curve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 21, 2010.

1. VBG

VBG Member

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

glad to see you logged back in to this account

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Fling poo at the side of a barn and you're bound to hit something.

Thanks for showing us your ****stain JCD. I hope our franchise's misfortune makes you feel good.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Aren't you the guy with the graphs?

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I really dont think the Rockets crowd won anything with Battier going to a stacked team expected to win the Championship. He was expected to win there and his contributions were minor until he had one good series. A series where he was a veteran playing against young guys on a stacked team he wasnt realy needed that bad on until one night in the finals.

6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

He shot well under 40% even though nobody bothered to guard him because they were doubleteaming the Big 3. That is a disgrace. But OK, on a team with three max players that has to fill its roster with scrubs, I admit that Battier is fit to be one of those scrubs.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't you see "curve" in the thread title?

This is called Word Graph, more sophisticated than any graph you'll ever see.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

What is the story on a bet? I missed that episode.

9. Third eye

Third eye Member

My boy JCdenton what's up you went to UNT right think we balled together
    But...I always assumed bc your name and never asked the dude...anyways if we haven't god to see. Ya bk on lurker and old account. Let's hope we aren't building around Parsons...

10. Third eye

Third eye Member

Parsons "mr. Untouchable". And yes I love him but.....for the right price hmm

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

2 or 3 three years ago he has said he will leave clutchfans forever if Martin finishes a season (dont remember which one) with a shooting percentage over 40%.

and he lost the bet, but he didnt leave.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why don't we just rename you Rafer Alston?
    Volume shooter bound to get something right eventually.

13. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Bask in my predictive glory Clutchfans! Five years ago, I predicted that Moreyball Moneyball was a failed philosophy.

Five years later, what has it wrought? Years of general mediocrity, peaking with utter decimation in the Western Conference Finals, after getting there only by virtue of a six sigma statistical fluke comeback.

And now that Morey has achieved his long-fabled masterstroke . . . the addition of the fabled "third option," his failures are laid bare. The current season is nothing short of a disaster. Morey has been given all the resources, but his philosophy and this team have not delivered as advertised.

But what is this team? One built around a star center and shooting guard (remarkably similar to the makeup he started with). Has he made it better or worse given free reign?

Dwight Howard is an offensively limited center with an injury profile similar to Yao Ming. Although Dwight does not present the "fronting" problem we had with Yao, he can still be turned into a liability by being forced to shoot free throws. Overall, Dwight is marginally worse than Yao.

Harden, for all his consistency in the regular season, cannot perform in the playoffs. For playoff stats, T-mac shot at a higher percentage, scored more points, grabbed more boards, and notched more assists. Tmac had heart and a killer instinct, but was let down by injured teammates. Prime T-mac would clearly be the superior player to James Harden.

So, our main two players have gotten worse. What else is there?

We still have two young, defensively challenged power forwards who can put up numbers against scrubs but get wrecked by real competition. I'd rather have prime Scola and Landry.

Ancient Mutombo was a better backup center than Capela (although Capela is turning into a nice player).

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that we threw big contracts at Corey Brewer and Pat Beverly. :rolleyes:

In conclusion, JC Denton is, and always has been, Ahead of the Curve.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Years later, still a one star thread.

15. maw7079

maw7079 Member

got 'em!!!

16. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Where is the graph son.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Awesome. Reverse jinx.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So we went from first round exits / not making playoffs to losing in the conference finals.
    And JCDenton decides now is the time to come out of hiding.

[​IMG]

19. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Morey's HAND PICKED coach fired in a stunning development less than 24 hours after JCDenton reiterates his five year long scathing criticism of Morey in a lengthy rant!

JCDenton "ahead of the curve" yet again!

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

James Harden "behind the curves" yet again!