1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ahead of the Curve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 21, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Haters gonna hate JC....haters gonna hate.

;)

DD

2. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

What a difference a few weeks make. I have now been completely and utterly vindicated on my longtime position that Yao would destroy this franchise. We should have traded him years ago as I recommended.

I'd also like to add a forgotten premise to my original post. It was my position shortly after Chase Budinger was drafted that his absolute ceiling was to be an average to below average 15ppg starter, and that he would probably end up being a marginal 7th-8th man. This made me the subject of many attacks during his rookie year when it appeared he was playing well. However, the chickens have now come home to roost and all can see that Chase Budinger is who I said he was. He can't even take Shane Battier's job, and Shane is one of the worst starting SF's in the NBA. This is yet another issue that I was ahead of the curve on.

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Graph or it didn't happen.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Ohhh, this is the bet guy!!? Didn't realize it!

I stopped reading after he said we would be .500 WITHOUT kmart... lol

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And WITH Landry.

6. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Gloating about your thread being right because Yao's career is over?

You're a terrible human being, and a worse poster.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Honor your bet, troll.

Clutch, is there some switch you can throw that would prevent people from bumping their own old threads?

If not, how about just prevent JC Denton from doing so?

8. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Debate me like a man, charlatan. I don't see you countering any of my key premises. You're upset because I was right and you were wrong.

9. ThaShark316_28

ng; dr

10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Charlatan (at Dictionary.com) --
    a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses; quack.

Charlatan (at dictionary.reference.com) --
    one making usually showy pretenses to knowledge or ability : fraud, faker.

Irony (at burlesk.com) --
    JCDenton calling someone else a charlatan.

I'm just giving you s**t about the charlatan thing, though it's true.

How about you address the point of the bet you made. We don't see you HONORING any of your key PROMISES. You've got zero credibility here. The more you throw your disregard for us in our faces the more the hate will increase, have fun with that... The days when people wanted to debate with you are gone, no one cares if you were right or wrong anymore (a lot of people are right and wrong on here all the time without being complete %&$#s about it), we're just sick of your BS in general.

11. Damion Laverne

Looks like Captain Obvious has just flown into town on his cape of DUH! Yes, you were right. And no, you are not "ahead of the curve"; the only thing you are "ahead of" is stating the obvious now only years after you presented it as conjecture. Go home! Go home! Go home!

12. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Chris Bosh was NEVER interested in playing for anyone else but Miami. Listening to other team offers was all for show.

13. foo82

foo82 Member

Should take your own advice and be a man and honor your bet.

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

WOOOOW are people really still talking to this guy? :confused:

15. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

JC Denton, your the type of guy that i know i would recognize at a bank trying to tell the front desk clerk "THIS IS MY BANK, i'm going to dip into the vault for a little cash".

Please stop posting on clutchfans, if not i'll stir your mixed drink with my balls.

Oh BTW JC, you have witches boobs.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why are you defending all the outcasts that the CFans community rejects? :grin:

17. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Tonight seems like a wonderful night to revisit this thread now that my numerous criticisms over the years all turned out to be right. While many of you engaged in a Morey circlejerk, I continued to point out the errors of his ways and that only my statistical analysis could bring the Rockets to prosperity. Now that most of you agree with me and are calling for his head, you need to be reminded not to disagree with me in the future (unless you want to be wrong).

-Everyone can't wait to drop Kevin Martin. He has negative value and is not worth his contract. He turned out to be injury-prone and his tenure here was a failure.

-Kyle Lowry turned out to be an insubordinate diva who was ungrateful for overly generous contract Morey gave him. Now most here want to trade Kyle Lowry.

-Scola has negative value. He is not worth his contract. A starting power forward who grabs 6 rebounds per game. LOL

-Moreyball is a failure. The Rockets collected a bunch of marginal scrubs who haven't amounted to anything, continually missed the playoffs, and have a far worse future than teams who went through a normal rebuilding process. It was predicted for years that this would be the result of Morey's philosophy. The response? Grab three more middling draft picks.

1 person likes this.
  18. Relentless

Relentless Member

Welcome home JCDenton

19. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

"albatross" of a contract for Lowry? It's size is it's greatest strength ATM

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]