1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Active ex-Rockets of last 5 years - would they beat the current Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 4, 2016.

?

Active ex-Rockets of last 5 years - would they beat the current Rockets?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Parsons?

ESPN Staff Writer
    Chandler Parsons in the last 20 games: 20.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.8 apg, 54.4 FG%, 51.4 3pt%.

Yep, we would never have been able to use that production.

DD

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

How about last year? Oops lets not talk about that. Let's not talk about his knee and how he also proved to be a giant douche canoe on his exit. Chandler Parsons is the Martin Shkreli of the NBA. He belongs in Dallas.

3. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

LOL nice

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What were his stats in the playoffs last year?

Would we have been able to use that production?

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This pathetic fan base deserves a team like the Kings with someone like Mitch Richmond to be their best player for the next 8 years.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why couldn't you put this in your other "what if" thread?

what if this vs what if that?

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Seriously?? NO.

The current Rockets are better than that Frankenstein team. That team at full strength and fully functioning would take us to the 8th seed and a 1st round exit. Even if that's our trajectory this year, it's because of dysfunction, not lack of potential. You can turn that around with proper direction from coaching and better additions that complement Harden. This is essentially the same team that made the WCF from a personnel standpoint. The ex Rockets wouldn't come close to a WCF appearance.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wait wut?

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Side Note: Weren't you the one that wanted to trade Harden for Love after the 2014 playoffs and build around Howard?.. LOLOL:rolleyes::grin::p

First off, which stars have we chased did not have some sort of fit next to Harden and/or Howard in recent years and into our future?

Carmelo Anthony - Admittedly, I did not want to go after Melo, but I could see how he would fit next to Harden and Howard. Have you seen Melo play small ball 4 and with other star players aka the Olympics and All-Star games? He flat out balls and the attention Harden and Howard would get would give Melo open looks at day. Melo would have also covered a piece of the floor that neither Howard nor Harden's game took up; the mid-range. Of course, Harden's game grew into having more mid-range but having Melo, who is so efficient in the high post would have been a welcomed edition to this team.

Chris Bosh - I was hard on trying to get Bosh. That offseason, while most were big on Melo or Love, I made post and numerous comments about how Bosh should be the one we went after. His fit next to Harden and Howard is self explained. A legit power forward that could play some minutes at center, hit the pick and pop, hit 3s and a great defender. This is what this team has needed and have been trying to find for years! Morey was right in trying to get him here. In fact, I think Bosh's decision to turn us down is a butterfly effect to how this season has turned out.

Kevin Durant - Do I really have to explain this? Adding another top 5 player in his prime is always a no brainer. Even a 5% chance is reason enough to chase him because if you land KD, you're instant favorites.

Secondly, going after Howard was the absolute right decision to make. You have a SG that is pick and roll master, has some defensive deficiencies and you go after a center that is a 3 time DPoTY winner and is/was the best pick and roll big in the league. Player-wise, it was a match made in basketball heaven. Do you not remember how anemic Asik was on offense, past getting offensive rebounds and setting screens? He had absolutely no hands and the Pelicans rather play old Perkins than him.

The only things I can really blame Morey on is not getting reliable 3/D players and not finding the right coach.

Its not like we haven't tried to find shooters to surround Harden and Howard. The list goes on and on and on with names like Troy Daniels, Rob Covington, Carlos Delfino, Omri Casspi, Reggie Williams and Marcus Thornton. The fault is that Morey never went for the sure thing, always going for an unknown.

Coaching is self explanatory. To be fair to McHale, he didn't sign up to be a coach for a championship team. We stumbled on Harden and expectations went high. But we should have made the change after the 2014 playoffs, like the Warriors.

10. omgTHEpotential

Because I like creating new threads.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Toronto is really good, so yeah.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And you like to troll the bbs wrt Lin, like you did in the previous "What if" thread. This time you place Lin as a 4th stringer, but no one bites. too bad

13. omgTHEpotential

Lin is a perfect 4th string PG. I don't know what you mean.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You forgot Carl Landry on that list

15. omgTHEpotential

I didn't. He hasn't been a Rocket in the last 5 years.

16. omgTHEpotential

I guess last night's game answers it.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We beat Rockets North tonight so no

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Only advantage the old players have is at point guard. I'll take Harden and his current squad.