1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ACA Update] The marketplace is failing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not sure what's a more powerful demonstration of your ignorance, this entirely ludicrous response or that you think that Olympia Snowe, R-ME is a "He"

Here he is:

[​IMG]

heeheehee! You're welcome, bobby.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, ya got me, I used the wrong pronoun.....and you focus on that while ignoring the content of what I said.

Your own quote shows that you are a simpleton trying to peddle BS.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, you didn't just "use the wrong pronoun" as a typo - you were and remain fundamentally ignorant about what I posted and have negligible knowledge of what you purport to discuss.

Why do you think the President used the "Joan of Arc" metaphor with "him", as you put it?

Your analysis is no good, boy, you can't even tell a Joan from a Johnny.

Why would anybody listen to you when you manage to bungle basic facts, let alone complex ones?

Answer - they wouldn't, because, girls like you don't know what you're talking about.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It would remove the profit for insurance companies, and it would give huge bargaining to the government when negotiating for cost, if they are allow to use that power.

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aetna's behavior is a perfect example of why free-market solutions alone cannot solve our healthcare provisioning problems. A public option is necessary to discipline the market and control costs. Single payer, straight up would be even better.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

But....bobby just said it's government that's to blame for the rising cost of healthcare. If we just let the free market be free we'd all be sitting pretty right?

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Actually the government have controlled the cost the last few years, the problem is the insurance company could not handle the the market at the current rate.

8. Anticope

Anticope Member

Just live in your mom's basement. Bobby's been doing that for years and he doesn't pay any out-of-pocket costs.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sam Fisher is more defensive than usual today...Obama's only accomplishment is being flushed down the toilet

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There are any number of fixes that don't involve cutting benefits. Raising the income limit for payroll taxes for example.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Aetna is not doing this because they are losing money. It is in retaliation for the Justice Dept. suing to stop its merger with Humana.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There thing congress could do to easily fix any problems that have popped up. They refuse to do so.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Aetna's behavior has nothing to do with this. This is what happens when you made a deal with the devil (insurance companies).

These are some of my favorite lines:
    -Its not failing. We are still adjusting (denial)
    -This was originally the GOP's idea (blame shifting)
    -Obstructionist made it fail (more blame shifting)
    -Nobody saw this coming (just anyone with any sense of intelligence did)

It still amuses me that people are still going on about how Obama is one of the greatest politicians in US history. This is Obama's crowning achievement and he's leaving a trail of destruction at the end of his presidency, much like Bushes trail of destruction with Iraq. The Obama administration went on and on about how costs were covered and there is no way the insurance companies could jack up rates and abuse the system. The Obama administration's promise on its success mirrors Peloi's famous words; "We must pass the bill to see whats in it".

If this was not so serious, it would be the joke of the decade. And here the liberals are still bickering about what we "should have done"...doubling down on ideas like a single payer system.

The question is, what are we going to do with this turd? Do you really think the insurance companies are just going to give up power and concede to a single payer system? That was the root of the problem with Obamacare ... giving the insurance companies more power instead of loosening it.

The good news is this will be Hillarys problem. At least we know she is ethical and will do whats best for the country and never sell out for money or power.

1 person likes this.
  15. bigtexxx

Let's watch the language, dandorotik

Keep it civil

16. bigtexxx

I LOL'd.

Well done

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Single payer, here we come!

19. Anticope

Anticope Member

Man there are so many Republican solutions to rising healthcare costs in this thread, it's so hard to decide which is the best one.

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

man is my sarcasm meter broken? I'm thoroughly confused by this

gotta be the first time I've ever been called a leftist though