1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB's canned Suns interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acsorelle4, Feb 25, 2011.

1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

http://www.nba.com/suns/video/2011/02/25/brooks110225wmv-1571497/index.html

I feel for the guy. He sounds depressed. Considering he is on a playoff contender, that say something to me about his love for the Rockets.

I still remember one of my favorite sports quotes of all time, paraphrasing from AB, an interviewer asked him who he liked in the playoffs when we didn't make it and he responded, roughly:

"No one. I hate all teams that aren't the Rockets."

He was awesome. All the haters have short term memory issues.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Even though Brooks was in a funk all year, in the locker-room he was known to be a fun guy who kept everyone in good spirits. The idea that he was a cancer or something was nonsense, I think.

I really wish him the best. Maybe the new scenery is all he needed.

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Hater? No. An ankle injury sidelined him, and he wasn't happy about playing time. He did some things poorly and apologized. He doesn't have his pre-injury speed, and that's unfortunate

But he's still a Rocket, and I still loved him. Criticized but loved.

But Dragic is a better fit for this team, and Brooks is better for Phoenix. Brooks is a very good iso guy who can penetrate and dish. That's the Suns.

Dragic doesn't need to dominate the ball to be effective and makes less money. That's the Rockets.

I'm happy about the trade and wish the best for Aaron Brooks in the future.

And remember, once again...
    AnotherBrother always has been and will always be the only AB on ClutchFans

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Aaron does sound depressed during most of that interview. His face lit up a couple of times, but yeah, he looks like he's still in shock.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

sounded pretty happy to me. good for him. bye francis. again.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

**** you Manu Ginobli

I hate you i hate you i hate you

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

"At 3:00 I got a text from my agent saying, he got me out to Phoenix.."

Kind of sounds like he asked for a trade? Morey made a comment that they had to decide which of the two would be their starting PG.. I wonder if there was a "start me or trade me" demand behind-the-scenes.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

or he threw a hissy when he heard he could go to minny and told his agent "fix it'

9. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Did anyone see the highlight video at the bottom of that page? It just now hit me that the player I idolize is off of my favorite team. For a 1st round pick. :mad: :mad:

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not a fan of this trade either.

Morey isn't on my good side right now. Not that he cares, but good Lord, this trade deadline was a real downer for me.

I didn't even hope for a trade, but since it was going to happen anyway, these two trades were bs.

#flameme

11. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Aaron's got a fan in me. He wasn't perfect, far from it this year, and the relationship just started to deteriorate. It happens. No hard feelings. I'll be pulling for him in Phoenix.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was at that game, damn didn't know that the end of AB in Houston started there

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

morey is gonna regret trading away the team's heart n soul. battier was the leader and AB was dedicated to the team. hard to find those qualities.

14. acjeitherocket

cosign...

AB = the only NBA player following me on twitter...

:(

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

AB is a great person! If you watched the summer league games, you should notice that, as a PG, he always created opportunities for those players who tried to make the team. If you remember the classic competition between Wafer and Strawberry in a SL game, you also should remember that AB made great passes to both of them.

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Man i miss Brooks already... He will be missed. And like someone mentioned, i cant see AB being a cancer in the locker room lile some said. Hes too much of a nice guy.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:( :( :( not seeing brooks wearing the rockets red jersey definitely going to be hard.

18. worzel gummidge

It's from the RealGM forums however Suns posters on the Brightsideofthesun site seem to trust this guy as a good source:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1094921&start=525#p26983815

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

AB is a great teammate! Many rockets players get chinese shoe contracts because of Yao. But, very few of them help Yao when he needed help. Although AB didn't have chinese shoe contract, he attended Yao's charity game to support him.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

morey gave battier and brooks a better position than what they are here

both will probably in the playoff and will help their teams