1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Prediction: Both Harden & Westbrook Will Be Gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Sep 16, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

That purple uniform and Olajuwon was and will always be wrong

waytookrzy079 and lnchan like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Elton Brand would throw his wife in the deal as well. That’s highway robbery for the 76ers

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know if this works salary wise unless you include Kyrie or Durant, the other Nets don't make enough. You're talking like 8 or 9 players for 1.

4. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

If you’re trying to tank shouldn’t you be keeping Westbrook?

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Tilman will carve up his prized calf before he ever sells it.

And these are lean times my friend.

Furious Jam likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if you're not worried about gate/concessions revenue - bc no live attendees...
    and your media revenues are already under contract...
    then it would make perfect sense to gut your expenditures for the year... if you think you can pull fans back when you reboot...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if Tillman is suffering financially then he wouldn't want to devalue this organization. he can cut the costs of coaching, duck the tax, etc... but the price he paid for this team was in part due to having harden, CP3, MDA, Morey, etc... blow it all up for future picks and the team isn't nearly as valuable and won't earn nearly as much profit, with no guarantee of returning to this level of value/profit anytime soon. not a smart move. he's more likely to refuse to tank even after the window closes. that's what Les did in order to maintain profit and value.

8. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I love Harden. I don't post a lot but when I do it's typically either celebrating his awesomeness or defending him...

...but I'm ready to turn the page.

I say we hire Mike Brown from GSW. Install the GSW system. Trade Harden and Westbrook for the up and comers that can fill that system. PJ Tucker can be our enforcer (Draymond), Covington our Igoudala, and everyone else is moveable to find a Steph and Klay role. If it takes a few years to see if it comes to fruition I'm fine with that. We know where this current road leads if we stay on it. Time for something new.

And one more thing. I don't think Steph and Klay would be the stars they are if it weren't for the system and the coach. They didn't do anything under Mark Jackson. I say we bring that style of basketball here.

lloyde8 likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

The dude has taken on over a half-BiLLION dollars in debt in the last few months—$200M borrowed on a corporate line of credit he maxed out, and the other $300M on a loan with sky-high interest. Back in April, his net worth dropped by 1/3 as the COVID crisis hit, and now he's evidently banking on a quick resolution to the pandemic so his businesses can start cranking out the money it'll take for him to meet his financial obligations. If the turnaround doesn't happen quickly enough, he's going to have to unload significant assets.

Tilman has been horny to own the Rockets for ages, and leveraged himself hard to make it happen. But unless something changes, he could be forced to sell off a major part of the team within the next couple of years.

#49 topfive, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's always the Knicks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And clippers or bucks

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

For their sake lets hope so. Neither deserve to be stuck carrying minimum wage rejects and playing for the poorest dumbass owner in the league.

Hakeemtheking and steddinotayto like this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Westbrook hasnt had a losing season since 2008. Good luck son

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The issue is thinking that Tilman will do the smart thing for the team.

We've already seen on a couple of occasions he does the exact opposite of what is best for the Houston Rockets.

Since he's as low IQ in regards to basketball as some of the players on the roster.

I'd say there's a higher chance this idiot extends Westbrook next season to a contract that expires when he is 40, then there is of him trading him.

BHannes2BHonest and rhee like this.
  15. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Thats what some say but history has proven that at times its opposite. I'm extremely high on Lamelo. I believe he will be a franchise player. I know I'll get some hate for this because of Lavar lol

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

harden to nets?

17. mightybosstone

Harden's trade value may be as high as it's ever been, but Westbrook's trade value is at an all-time low. Given the picks the Rockets have already given up and the additional assets they'd have to attach to move Westbrook, a rebuild makes zero sense.

If they want to rebuild, Westrbook would need to seriously improve his trade value next season, or they'll have to wait another year or two for his contract to be more palatable. And for the record, I'm not on board with Team Rebuild.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

LeVert: $16 million
    Allen: $4 million

Add Prince ($13 million), Temple ($5 million) and that should pretty much work. They keep Dinwiddie as their 6th man and can still re-sign Joe Harris.

I honestly think Brooklyn would do it. Now would the Rockets do it for 3 1sts and a platter of players who are expiring contracts (Prince and Temple) and young but not quite All-Star Level (LeVert and Allen) players? If it was up to only Morey I can see him doing this so he can stack the chips and rebuild this team. But with Fertitta at the helm it's most likely a no. "Who's this Karen....Levert, Daryl??? Why did we trade Harden for a woman??"

Rudyc281 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I love me some brabrabombs but Milwaukee is not going to happen unless they woke up one day and said "Yea we'll trade Bledsoe, Brook Lopez, Ersan, and Wes Matthews for Russ" and that's just to make salaries match. Clippers is weird because I would think Russ is the last All-NBA player Kawhi would ever want to play with.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm saying that he hasn't really shown the ability to be trusted about anything he says. By extension, I doubt he's willing to break things up. Harden and Westbrook are both merchandise cash cows.

My preference would be for him to not meddle with the professionals. Shut up and listen.