1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7 teams w/at least 20 wins in the NBA - WC has 5 of them, including HOU...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

So what does that mean exactly? Only time will tell, but at this point, it appears to mean that the Western Conference is as good as it has ever been. When a conference 8 seed is tied with the other conference's 3 seed, you surely know one is not like the other.

Those losses to SAC, Utah & PHI really could come back to haunt us in the end. Yet, even with the negative, there are plenty of positives; most notably, the 2 HUGE victories over SA, where this team appeared to take it to another level. Consistency has been a major problem, yes, but the potential for this team is through the roof.

So, with that being said, thoughts on the first 31 games of the season for the Rockets thus far? I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, we'd be sitting at about a 7. Solid, but far from spectacular, like many were hoping for. Plenty of room for improvement.

2. willus

willus Member

Eastern Conference is totally trash this year. Of course, Miami and Indiana excluded.

3. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

No doubt. Worst I've ever seen it.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't even think I'll be tuning into Eastern Conference games until the ECFs start.

5. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I completely agree. There is nothing intriguing, whatsoever, about the Eastern Conference except for a Heat-Pacers ECF. That's it.

6. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

it says we are a top 8 team like all the other rankings that have been coming out.

7. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Wait, so these are rankings now? Hmmm…thought it was a fact that we were one of 7 teams with 20 wins. Oh well.

8. HTM

HTM Member

I don't understand why we have played so many more games than some teams...

9. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

all of the rankings (hollinger/stein) have put the rockets as a top 8 team. the records simply demonstrate this.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

West is good but tbh there are only like 4 ELITE teams in the NBA: SA, OKC, MIAMI, INDY

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Like kenny and charles said tonight on Inside the NBA, we're a great team, we're just not consistent. Sometimes, teams can play at a 6 against us and win. Teams like SA you have to play at least at an 8 level in order to beat them, they don't play at a level lower than that. We do, sometimes we play at a 9, sometimes we play at a 5 or a 6. Once we get that consistency down, we'll be mentioned as title contenders.

They were right, but in all fairness, we're still getting to know eachother, and the team is still really fresh. by the end of the season i think we'll have whatever chemistry we need, and we'll definitely be able to gauge if we're a championship caliber team by that time.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know they will be ready come playoffs but SA will have problems if one of TP or Duncan is injured or is playing bad.
    I am not saying we are a top contender now but our games against them proved it.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Against SA, but not the other teams. We don't bring it every game and have a doo doo game plan where we do r****ded things. TJ played awesome tonight but we still need to address the stretch 4 situation and backup C. Until we do, we aren't legit contenders.

14. Raven

Raven Member

If not for Assik being a tool, and the Rockets early season attempts to keep him happy, they be a 4th seed team, a couple of games behind the Clippers and breathing down the Spurs' neck. The way I see it is that the team is only going to get better, especially after "the real" big baby is traded. My biggest concern is the big three playing too many minutes.

15. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Honestly, under the circumstances that we've had to deal with (Injuries that i've grown to call "The Asik Curse.") i'd say we've performed at about an 8.5/10. I mean, through all the injuries, the Asik/Howard experiment and just trying to get the chemistry down. The fact that we have 20 wins already is rather encouraging. And we've yet (or so it seems) to have a completely healthy team for a solid (5+ games) length of time. I actually feel like our best basketball has yet to come. I'd keep an eye out for post-ASW. That's when all the teams seem to pick their play up since the Playoffs are right around the corner around that time. So we'll really get to see what our team is made of from that point forward. Until then, I just hope everyone gets healthy and continue to improve upon the season they're having.

16. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

We currently have the same record as the Clippers...

17. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

i have yet to see a game where everyone is healthy 100%.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am more talking about Spurs than us. In case they are going strong in the playoffs I won't count them out.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Forget the stretch 4 for now.
    I'd rather take a look at Zach Randolph type if nothing comes up.