1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[5/27/15] Jared Dudley on James Harden's reputation around the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanswin2013, May 27, 2015.

1. ibm

ibm Member

since the championship yrs, we've had different guys we built around. here's my feelings about them.

sf3 - not for a single second did i believe he'd lead the team to a title, or anything. the guy has mad athletic abilities. but that's about it.

mcgrady (with yao): was excited about yao, and mcgrady almost won me over after the 13-in-35, but i cant say i was totally convinced on the dual.

today we have harden. he's an elite player and certainly you can build a team around him. no question. but his drive to me is still questionable. (and i perfer other playing styles over his, but that's just personal taste.) he has yet to win me over and make me believe he can and will be the guy that takes us to another title. we shall see.
    btw, for those who say he's the 2nd all time great rocket already, you've gotta be kidding.

2. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

So basically this guy's just a massive turd wrapped douche who has an unhealthy obsessive hatred for Houston sports, so basically a perfect fit for ESPN.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Biggio take he spent nearly an entire hour on one day, fielding calls from people around the country but only those who agreed with him. That day Colin Cowherd made himself an enemy in me. If I ever have the opportunity to stop at the side of the road to take a piss on his burning carcass, I won't do it. The guy is a Skip Bayless wannabe who has sold his soul to be an IRL troll, and he's chosen Houston as his national punching bag because he figures there's the least political clout among the top five cities over here. Aka no ESPN executives will be hailing from Houston any time soon.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Dudley is a better an analyst than a NBA player.

Man, he's gotta a smokey voice that makes him credible. He should quit playing basketball right now.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dudley always gives such great, honest interviews... seems like a cool guy. Colin was very anxious to change the subject after hearing him speak positively of Harden lol.

6. basketballholic

Love Dudley. Wanted him at the deadline.

7. malakas

malakas Member

He's the most valuable vet of his team because he teaches the younger ones how to play team defence. He lacks athleticism but his bball iq makes him one of the best team defenders and he has embraced the role to be the in game coach and pass his craft to the others.

8. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

Can't stand Cowherd. Hope Dudley went in on him about John Wall.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Career Shooting

3PT - .396
    FT - .736

Weird combination.... he's the SG/SF version of DMo

Rockets could certainly use him

Colin is just being stubborn about Harden. He proclaimed Harden as a B grade player before he played one game as a Rocket and has been hating ever since.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Gotta take up for my fellow BC alum, Dudley. He's been an overachieving quality journey man, who's carved out a longer career than most imagined when he was drafted, and is very respected around the league for his hard work, passion, and bball IQ. He's actually a perfect guy to share his opinion regarding how players are viewed by other players.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't agree with the host but I also don't think Harden has reached the highest level of play yet. IMO, there are two tiers for superstars:

Tier 1: Lebron, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq etc - guys that you can just throw some good players around and they will be contenders.

Tier 2: Wade, Dirk, KG, etc - guys that can lead a team to a championship if the right group is with them.

I don't think Harden has made it to tier 1 yet but he can lead a team to a ring with the right group now. But, he's clearly a level above Melo who would probably be the 3rd best guy on a championship team. The only reason Harden doesn't look so special to casual fans and talking heads is because he's an average athlete and just a good shooter. What makes him special is his ability to create space with his handle, his ability to get to the line, and his court vision. Neither of those is something a casual fan even notices and they find him boring to watch.

1 person likes this.
  12. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

I'd respect what this guy had to say if he critiques himself and was dead on with my opinion of him is. Until that happens his opinions of players that are far out of his league doesn't mean shizznit.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dudley is the voice of the players and whatever he says is true and credible.