1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

41-41 really means we 0-0 and ready for playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We have a clean slate and opportunity to start all over with the chance to play in a rematch with the team that beat us last year. This time we have Beverley and Dmo... plus Beasley. This is the time to do something special to honor the spirit of clutch city in Houston!

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I like the attitude and I will be all in with you but our chances are pretty slim. I can just see Dwight getting pretty much Rodney kinged and them calling only the hack a Howard and Bev not being able to even look at Stephanie Curry without being called for a foul.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I understand. We as fans are going to be pumped that's at the games... but I have a feeling this team will come at GS hard. The players on our team know deep inside they can play a good enough game to knock Golden State out. It just has to be done. They have been talking all year and having team meetings... now is just the time to put up or shut up. Everyone is 0-0. This is exactly what this team needs and it's up to the guys to actually take advantage of it.

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Hey man I think you're on to something here!

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think our boys have the Redemption's Sun helping them out, and I say this goes to 7.

Unfortunately, this may be the last series that I'm able to post here. Things are getting wild in PHX, and we're looking to take over.

Love ya'll, Clutch, and every fan that bleeds Rockets Red.

Love is Love.

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Have to be humble here, if not we're in for an ego beating.

But, there's no harm in remembering that a new season starts now, and anything can happen.

The best attitude for our situation is not one of pessimism OR pride, but a hopeful humility.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Being positive.....

This year, we have DMO and Beverley

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree totally but don't forget they are what their record states they are. Unless they can miraculously start playing tough "team" defense against one of the best teams I've personally seen since the MJ Bulls it could be ugly. Remember it's JBB vs Kerr now.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DMO has 5 minutes total playoff experience FYI, hopefully he can give a better showing than what he's done so far in the regular season when the cards are on the table.

11. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I feel sorry for the warriors

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WNBA gigs are fun, good luck.

DD

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

DD,

No reason to be condescending. I wouldn't be coaching a WNBA team,obviously. Check the news. We'll be interviewing sooner or later in the valley. Earl is out.

We've built a rep here. I'm proud of it. Tell me how easy it would be for you to coach and help with the daily functions of a team with a debilitating disease.

Yeah....right....

1 person likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All paths to the NBA championship go through Golden State.

The Rockets like the Spurs and the Cavaliers can say they lost in the playoffs to the eventual 2016 NBA champions.

OIOW the Rockets are #2.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. classic. :grin:

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Tbh, I was indifferent about making the playoffs. However, since the boys decided to show some fight to get in (aided by luck with the Jazz choking towards the end), I say bring it on!

We are most likely to lose this series. If so, I want GS to remember us with their sore muscles, aching back, painful knees inflicted upon them by the Houston Rockets. In other words, you go down swinging!

Play to win, play hard, 100% all the time. Shock the world.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

DD throwing up one-liners to get to 100,000 like Kobe shooting 50 shots last night to get to 60. Any hope that you can announce your pending retirement now and start the farewell tour?

18. ibm

ibm Member

i dont feel gsw is invincible, for as great as a team they are. we certainly have a chance to beat them, however small the odds are.

as a fan, i am just hoping to see a competitive series.

a piece of advice for some fellow cf's,,, dont get your hope too high and get carried away. it works better that way, no matter what lies ahead.

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They really need to play James Harden as the Point guard since the offense runs through him. And start KJ McDaniels at shooting guard. Let KJ defend Stephen Curry and Ariza defend Klay Thompson.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Sure, the Rockets are 0-0, but I just don't see how they beat a 73-9 team 4 times out of 7 that they're 1-11 against over the last 2 seasons. If everyone on the Rockets has the series of their life and the guys like Klay and Draymond stink up the joint, then maybe there's a chance. Curry cannot do it all by himself.

But what are the odds of all that happening after a nightmare 41-41 season?