1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

400 wins, Congratulation~~ Jeff!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxer, Jan 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Roxer

Roxer Member

[​IMG]

Well, you still don't have a winning gameplan against SUNS, do u? :D

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in the regular season...who has for the last few years?

its hard to win a shootout when all you had were muskets

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

FIRE GUNDY!!!

Oh wait, this is a positive Van Gundy thread. I'll have to get used to that. :D

4. Roxer

Roxer Member

LOL, u don't have, doesn't mean nobody has !! I have :D , PJ had already, Dunleavy almost has. And, ahahaha~~~, D'Antoni knows who have and who not, otherwise, he won't say "we should win 20 pts" on post game.

5. Highwire

Highwire Member

well remember before we played the Jazz recently, Bullard said that he asked Jeff about the game plan against them and he said that he still confused about the game style of Jazz. And when they played we beat them by over 15 points.

Believe me, this guy is not bald for no reason. :D

6. Roxer

Roxer Member

I remember days be4 that game, Mutomobo said in public, "we need grab more reb in jazz's game" something like that.

Obviously, they had the winning game plan long be4 that game, he just didn't tell u, maybe he didn't want to.

But you can tell from the game (if u truely understand basketball game). No doubt, Jeff has winning plan against Spurs, Mavs, Heats, no question, we can tell from the matchs. But, he doesn't have against SUNS. Well, Lakers have, PJ showed us once, classic~~ :D

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Duh, all we have to do against the suns, is to pound it inside. Yao of course. Pound it inside, don't even think of gettting fancy or else we will get caught into the suns's tempo. Yao >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amare any time of the next ten centuries.

8. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Congratulations coach Van Gundy- the Rockets won big last nite in Chicago. I am proud of my team.

Congratulations on 400 wins - a fine achievement

9. Roxer

Roxer Member

Pound it inside~~ bingo,

Yao?? nah, nah, nah, a plus but not necessary.

PJ said in his classic win over suns, "to beat suns, no 1st pick needed (k.brown), no superstar needed (kb)" :cool:

SUns just playing a int'l b-ball, that is a piece of cake, use int'l way to solve them, but unfortunately those nba coaches have no idea what int'l b-ball is. :D

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What the hell? Do you really think it's that easy?

Do you think JVG comes up with one way to play each team and sticks to it through and through?

Do you really think that the gameplan against the Jazz was to rebound more than them? Wow. I should be a coach; and every game my gameplan would be to "Beat the other team."

Sorry, but no, that's not how it works. You make adjustments each time you face a team to stop what they've been doing successfully - and that changes over time.

But most importantly, why bring up the Rockets' recent lack of success against the Suns in a thread congratulating JVG for getting 400 wins?

PS - I'm hoping you're foreign; and if you're not then you need to slow down and make sure what you're typing makes sense.

11. Taothit

Taothit Member

Big ups and Respec' to Van Gundy for his 400th.

As for stopping the Suns, I'd agree with Roxer about pounding it inside. And honestly, you could equate see how the Suns are the Colts equivalent in the NBA. Both teams have ridiculous offensive weapons and precision, yet just as absurdly porous defense (I know, I know, the Chiefs running game was "shutdown" last sunday.... but it really didn't look like the Chiefs made a concerted effort to pound the ball. But I digress). I think to beat the Suns, you need to slow the game down, pound the ball in the paint, and shut down your paint on the defensive end. Obviously, that is way to simplistic of a breakdown, as the Suns are able to play the PnR very efficiently at the High Post with Diaw, Stoudamire, and Thomas (at least to some extent) when Nash isn't able to penetrate the lane for an easy dump-off to Marion or Stoudamire.

12. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

well congrats to JVG and hopefully he will have a ring by the end of the season.

13. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

Way to go Jeff. Thanks for bringing a great deal of those wins to the Rockets. NOW FIX Rafer's JUMPSHOT!

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

we have a great team this year

only JVG can destroy my hopes

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

ahh

there is this guy Rafer

16. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Kudos to Jeff...

Not to be a pessimist or anything, but didn't he just recently passed his LOSING milestone?? 301? :D

17. Roxer

Roxer Member

yeah, this is hell. If u have solution, then problem is POC, while if u don't have, then problem is headache. obviously, u r the latter.

One more time, beat suns is easiest thing in this league, if u dont agree, then go watch LAL VS SUNS game until u understand.

About Jazz game, reb is key. why? coz Jazz is inside team, they attack inside, reb most in this league, they get more 2nd chance than others, most of their pts from paint shot and 2nd chance. Once our Mr.eld guy dominate reb and inside, jazz gotta play outside jump game which is not what they r good at. isn't this a winning game plan, in term of deffense, against JAZZ? Offense? no need to argue.

again, every team adjusts theri play game by game, even quarter by quarter. by adjustment, it doesn't mean change ur playing style. play fast, play slow is style change, play offense, play deffense is style change, but play more inside, play more outside, is not a style change, dude/ :eek:

"why bring up the Rockets' recent lack of success against the Suns in a thread congratulating JVG for getting 400 wins?" becoz this is JEFF's only headache right now, and solve this problem, he would bring rox to champion!!! and, forturnately, this is a Piece of Cake. (well, if he had winning plan against suns but he prefer to no show it until play-off, that will be different story.)

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Yeah, there's just a minor point of the Sun's having a 23-8 record and a guy called Steve Nash.

The suns can go big if they want and still run:

Amare- C
    Thomas - PF
    Marion- SF
    Bell- SG
    Diaw- PG

Diaw can practically play every position in the suns offense, and with a trio of three pointer threats along with a low post one, this lineup will be horrible for any team. Slowing down the pace with the Suns is no easy matter. The Lakers did it because Stoudemire and Thomas were out, and they had Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum, and even though they aren't exactly all-stars, they can hold their ground in the paint and (indirectly) slow down the game, exactly what hte Suns don't want.

The Rockets do not have a host of big men to send out, the only noteworthy are Yao, Howard, Deke. If I were JVG, I would send out this lineup against the Suns (on defence):

PG- T-Mac
    SG- Alston
    SF- Shane Battier
    PF- Juwan Howard
    C- Deke

Why T-Mac at pg? I believe he's the only one on the rockets team fast enough (ie, atheletic enough) to stay with Nash, and with his size should be able to guard him effectively. Note, when on offense, Alston will bring the ball up, not McGrady.

19. Roxer

Roxer Member

better to check the link below,
    http://www.nba.com/games/20061031/PHXLAL/boxscore.html

Suns' K.Thomas did play, while, Lakers' K.Brown did NOT play.

Wrong on root.

20. conquistador#11

[​IMG]
    (breaking down JVG's brain)

Don't want to sound like Madden;but
    to stop the suns,you have to go out there and play basketball for 48 minutes. :D