1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

32 Points, 7 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 2 Steals Per Playoff Game (57% TS)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jun 14, 2019.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Everybody. I'm a proven winner.

2. SemisolidSnake

I feel bad for Harden. He's in the most min-maxxed situation a team can be in. Playwise, and I guess that statement works for the salaries as well. But I mean playwise.

We all know the offense by now. If it's on, it can run up 70 pts in a half. And if it's off, it's entirely up to James to figure out what to do by himself. He has no one to take the mental load off of him. He, himself, is not coached at all by his own coach's admission. And he brings the ball up the court to a bunch of statues standing in place around the arc waiting for him to figure out some way to get them the ball. Or not. Also, each one of them needs the ball delivered in a certain special way or they can't make their threes.

It's all on him. Nobody moves to create holes in the defense or any sort of dynamic situation that James can work with. Imagine being a quarterback where your receivers just ran out to their spot and stood there stock still, waiting for you to either run it yourself or throw the ball perfectly to them while their defender is already on them. And they run to the same positions every time. You'd go crazy. You'd stop even calling plays. You might even disconnect your earpiece to your coach in your helmet, because it's doesn't matter. You'll only trust yourself.

Oh, yeah, his mentality can be erratic. Especially in the playoffs which are hard and completely different than the regular season. But geez, he's not being given anything to work with. And it's not simply the level of talent. It's the necessity to take the same scenario every. single. time. and come up with different ways of making it work. In a way, that's what made him the single best player in the league: necessity. But, the guy just burns out mentally at certain points in games or series, and I find it hard to blame him.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Name one

4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Harden had close to prime Dwight and close to prime CP3 and both did not perform up to expectations. Part of it may be on them but you can't deny part is on Harden's style of play

At some point people will realize that Harden's ball dominant, no defense, ISO style of play is not the best of fits to other superstars. So it's amoot point asking for other stars to come here. Many have not even bothered to think about the Rockets because of the style of play.

5. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

C'mon Dwight was Dwight's fault. He was a monster roll man who didn't want to pnr w/ one of the greatest pnr guards ever

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Could be

All I am saying is we have had 2 HOF players come here to play with Harden and both of their production drastically declined....

Other NBA players are watching that. You best believe they don't want to come here just to be a ball carrier for Harden until half court, then hand the ball over to him and go stand in the corner.

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

you do understand that harden has been here before CP3, MDA, and Capela right? Harden lacks that killer instinct and he had his chances last year and this year again. All he needed is a one dominant game on his own home court and he would have one championship by now. Superstars deliver in crunch time or take over games, So don't try to spin this by blaming other, Harden is our superstar not cp3 or capela.

8. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

So tired of this numbers ****. Anybody with eyes realize he is really good, but he doesn't make a difference when it matters. And that offense helps his numbers, but doesn't help his teammates get in a groove. Standing in the corners for 24 seconds everytime down the court isn't gonna work in the playoffs. Offense looks better when he sits, there's more ball movement until CP3 decide to dribble the letters off the ball.

RocketRed84 and cheke64 like this.
  9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Curry opens up a lot of space for his teammates just by running around the screens.

Each time he got open, he got doubled for a second or two. Enough for a passer like Draymond Green to find the open man.

Curry doesn't need the ball in his hands to create gravity. Harden does. When Harden is not handling the ball, he is useless. Most of the time he isn't even spotting up. When Curry is not handling the ball, he creates space for his teammates.

And that's not saying Curry is inherently better then Harden. Harden thrives in isolation, Curry does not. It wears him down, because he is not built to sustain it for long strethces. Harden can sustain it and is built differently than Curry. Houston's system plays to his best player's strenghth and so does GSW. If you put Harden in GSW's system and expect him to play same role as Curry as good as him...forget it. Same holds true for Curry playing in Housotn - he couldn't play the same role Harden can.

Denovo likes this.
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

Dwight hurt his knee in the WCF and was out half the season how is that prime?

Paul has been prime 1 season.

Denovo likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

Harden would play the Durrant role in GS.

Koperboy and vlaurelio like this.
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

What you are reading?? o_O

I’m not in favor of trading Harden! If you read my post correctly, I’m responding to a poster who wants Harden do what Kiwi did and demand a trade so that Harden will be in a better situation to win a ring. That is called being a HOF, putting a players goals before the teams goals. I know we (The Rockets) have a better chance to win a ring with Harden than without Harden, so WHY would I want to trade him? I have no desire in seeing Harden wearing another uniform much less of him winning a ring in another uniform!!

Read the post that I was responding too again along with my response, it’s all there....

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes Houston is lucky for getting Harden but Kawhi is still better than him so I dunno why that's an embarrassment. Just because he isn't the best doesn't mean he's not a great player.

Everybody who thinks Harden is the best player in the world is just biased because he isn't. Can he be the best player? Of course he can, but last season he wasn't, otherwise we would've beaten GSW. Harden can be the best player if he improves his decision making at end of games, stop with the chucking and starts being more active off the ball and on defense. But he didn't do that last season that's why he isn't the best player.

The definition of "best player" can be tenuous but let's be real anybody who is objectively looking at things doesn't think Harden is the best player. If you polled everybody who isn't a die hard Rocket fan pretty sure Harden won't win the best player poll.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Highly debatable. Mr 20 points in a close out game didn’t seem that special to me, especially in the 4th.

The Raptors however are without question better than the Rockets. Put Siakam on the Rockets and we sweep sweep sweep...

Mr. Space City and vlaurelio like this.
  16. jcf

jcf Member

Apparently, "best player" depends on whether you win it all. Kawhi had a good series, but not a great series. He was extremely lucky that GS was extremely unlucky.

17. vlaurelio

Yeah people here putting tucker over siakam. Raptors didnt even want tucker lol

jcf likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Take it up with Morey. He made Tucker untouchable

19. vlaurelio

Lol hit a nerve

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Did it? Seems like you're scrambling for a narrative. I guess it's the Raptors supporting cast is a dynasty. Good luck.