1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Dumbest organization in basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 27, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I respect Morey, but I don't love him. I don't like the way the Rockets are being run. Fresh ideas and change is badly needed.

daywalker02 and dmenacela like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Absolutely. At the end of the day, it's all about rings.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fire works.

[​IMG]

Tad.

D-rock likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

We've had disappointing season after disappointing season, gimmick offense, no free agents want 2 come here, disgruntled former players etc..all this BEFORE Tilman. Yet this is all his fault???? Interesting

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

What part of 'an owner is ultimately responsible for everything', which is simply fact, are you not understanding? Particularly an owner who seems to have had a direct hand in certain deals. But youvthink he didn't approve all of them? That he just woke up one day and wondered 'hey, how did this happen?', and that even if he did, that's still his responsibility, as owner?

D-rock likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

So we're removing Daryl Morey of all accountability now lol. The only GM in the nba with his his own offense named after him, has no responsibility in the team's failures. Must be nice

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I mean, he really doesn't hold any accountability. All these teams in the East wants to hire Morey. He's got job offers lined up as soon as the news broke. It is nice for him.

As far as players see it, if they didn't already, they probably don't want to play for an owner who is an infamous Trump fanboy. Literally labeled by Trump himself, "Tilman's my twin".

D-rock likes this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The moment TF took over was when the realization this organization was ****ed. Perhaps growing up in the Kemah area has given me an understanding of what a **** show TF really is. He took good seafood restaurants and turned them into an over priced mediocre dining experience. I had a friend who got a job at the Aquarium when it first opened, bragging about how great the place was and how great the food was. My first experience left me disappointed for over paying grade B food just to watch fish swim around in a tank. This is the epitome of TF. He is a walking gimmick. Nothing about him is fresh or revitalizing or revolutionary. Cut costs behind the scenes and polish the turd.

As for Moreyball and Harden; I really appreciate Morey and he is a damn good GM. But if you live and die by Moreyball, you will almost always die. Harden is a tremendous athlete and a damn good ball player, but he is often lazy and a terrible leader. You're simply not going to win a chip this way unless the perfect pieces fall in together. Bosh, Howard, CP3, and Westbrook are the exact opposite of what this team needed.

This is what some fans need to understand
    -TF does not know or understand how to build a top notch winning organization. He became a puppet billionaire by shaving the fat off premium acquisitions in leu of gimmicky acts.
    -Morey's tweet has cost TF tens of millions of dollars.
    -COVID has devastated TF's empire. He is broke AF. Not only can he not pay the luxury tax, but he will struggle just to pay for basic operations. Again, TF is the master of shaving a dollar off a million dollar acquisition. If TF had a motto, it would be "leave no dollar behind".
    -The two guys who have kept this ship afloat (Morey and MDA) have bailed. The clowns are now running this circus.
    -Harden WILL be traded. TF will keep Harden for 2021 as our 1st round pick is spoken for (highly unlikely we will get the protection status of this pick). We own our 2022 and 2023 draft pick's, so Harden will be gone by then instead of letting Harden walk for nothing. After that, 2024-2026 have been mortgaged. I expect TF to tank these three years in attempts retain their protection status. The next 5 years will be all about cost cutting.

The saving grace is Houston might get extremely lucky during the rebuild, but at this point, I dont think TF is going to pay the right people to come in to build this team properly. If this team doesnt have a good front office, the young draft picks will bail for promising teams.

10. hakeemthagreat

So Tilman's solely responsible, for Morey's 13 year tenure here. Um, yea. Are we blaming Tilman for drafting Royce White too?

Free agent weren't coming here well before Tilman got here

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

you took the words out of my mouth, all I knew was he was a sleezebag, but when LTS became a priority after 2018 season it became clear. Every move since then has been in one direction, and not towards winning. The WB trade was the slap in the face and really should have woken anybody up. To the people telling me I’m hating I’m wondering what they think of morey. He played a part in the demise but even he was thinking throughout this year what a cluster**** everything was. He didn’t just make up his mind on the spot about leaving his brain child he cultivated for 15 yrs. ironically, if he were to make an anonymous post these same people that have woken up now would have called him a bad fan or hater.

Basketball is entertainment at the end of the day, but we spend thousands of dollars as fans for a product we hope that some level of investment goes into. Turning it into a cost saving business and taking advantage of a loyal following in one of the biggest cities in the country is playing us for chumps. We do have some of the most delusional fans, but they’re loyal and stick with their team. Don’t take advantage of that

Space Ghost likes this.
  12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

No, I never said that. All I said was you can't remove the owner from responsibility, because he's the owner, and ultimately responsible for everything. Do you disagree with that?

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Old quote but reminds us nonetheless that moreys hands were tied at times. He’s no dummy to want to do things like this. Full on small ball was but It’s just impossible to ignore the following

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

No he's not responsible for everything, especially when the culture was sinking here before Tilman got here. Morey may be MORE responsible than anybody for the Rockets current culture

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would an offense built on 3 point shooting perimeter players acquire a superstar perimeter player than can't shoot 3's?

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So you don't think the owner of something is responsible for it. Got it.

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

One cheap ass suddenly became a cheap POS.

D-rock likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Not taking pride in it, but @Space Ghost and I weren't being haters, we just saw what a POS Tilltits is. Right on the money about this dude's character and propensity to eff stuff up

Do I have everybody's permission to change it back to dumbest? The knicks are making us look good

D-rock likes this.