1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Feb 14, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So what are you guys doing/forced to do today? As a married man, I'll be lucky to get a handshake tonight

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Taking the Mrs. to pluckers around 3. $2 beers and .75 wings. I spent $350 at Brennan's last V-day so she agreed to give me a break this year.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

not a big fan of this hallmark holiday, never have been

I'm in day 15 of 60 until my divorce is final and the end of my 28 year relationship is over. It's all good though. No fighting, no heart break, we just grew apart.

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Smoke and sleep when idle. Stay busy when not.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, man. Sorry to hear this.

Our anniversary is on 2/16 so we have an agreement to not go over the top on V-day. Just got her a funny card and some of her favorite chocolates on the way home last night. We're going out to dinner tonight...but we go out to dinner every Friday night if I don't have a gig. And the kids will be with us, so....

VooDooPope likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Went to the supermarket earlier today. So many people buying flowers and chocolates and balloons.

28 years. Wow. Hope you and yours are still on good terms, at least.

But I agree with your sentiments about Valentine's Day. Not sure why there needs to be a specific special day to celebrate your romantic love for someone, but it is what it is.

VooDooPope likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Sent the wife some flowers via urbanstems. She hates flowers but she loves seeing the jealous looks on her coworkers faces when she gets them. Otherwise we'll be ordering doordash tonight and eating until we're uncomfortably full.

Nook likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wife is super low-maintenance. She wants chocolate cheesecake and a bath. Can do.

Just wanted to make a point- fellas, don't make BJ's a 'special occasion' item. There's no going back. Stand up for yourself and regular BJs.

ABforPresident, HTM and RKREBORN like this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Troof.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would you sit down for a BJ? That's an uncomfortable position for all parties. :D

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

About to catch a flight to Vegas. Gonna hang with a bunch of other geriatrics tomorrow and see some geriatric Aerosmith.

Nook likes this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Not for a Blumpkin.

Xerobull likes this.
  13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Got my wife a LovePop card that was flowers instead of actual flowers. And a book of pictures of us and the kids over the last year.

She got me so glasses for work (some sort of glasses that ease the tension on the eye working on computers) and some sweet tarts.

I went home for lunch, and her and the kids gave me a "surprise" lunch. It was a popeyes spicy chicken sandwich.

Nook likes this.
  14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

How often do you guys receive gifts?

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3-4 times a month.

The Real Shady likes this.
  16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Going on a first date...

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Thanks @ima_drummer2k

It's actually all good. Kids are grown and we're in different places. We still get along and there's no fighting at all. I spent the weekend with my new lady friend in Port A so it's all good.

Hope you had a great time with the wife and kids this weekend.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yep. Leaving it all on good terms and we're on the same page about co-parenting our grown kids through college and they understand completely and see us moving in separate directions peacefully.

19. noize

noize Contributing Member

Me and the wife booked a hotel in the city and getaway a little bit and enjoy ourselves without having to worry about any distraction (kids, people, chores, etc). Its hard as it is to find intimate time during a hectic weekly schedule. This is the best thing we could've ask for and it helps us to reconnect and brought us closer together.