1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Smartphone of the Year: Galaxy fold 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros123, Sep 16, 2020.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Got my galaxy fold 2 in the mail today and all I can say is this is years ahead of any current smartphone out there. I don't even know where to start with the phone. The design, 120 hz refresh (games look amazing on the 7.6 inch screen) , multi-tasking (being able to open up word and Gmail on two separate screens at one time is AMAZING for us work fellas), camera shots look amazing, great dual speakers, but lastly just the folding screen. You just open it and just want to stare at it because its literally that beautiful. The one bad thing is I went to the galleria to look for a phone case today and its not even possible to walk around without someone staring at you

It's refreshing to see Samsung still innovating and putting real products out there on the market. Anyone whos thinking twice about getting the phone I highly recommend you to get it.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Put it in your pocket?

Jontro, BigM and Xerobull like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That’s amazing!!!

....that you went to a mall in 2020. And there were people there. The last time I went to The Galleria was in 1993 when my buddy and I dropped some acid and all of the people knew and would whisper about it after we walked by and the Persian rug guy kicked us out for laying on his rugs so we went back to my buddy’s place and I had to leave because his cats hair all kept going into my mouth.

But seriously, I read about that phone and it’s dead sexy and I’m a bit jealous. I just ordered the new iPad today, which I can cancel, and will probably need a new phone within the year. Anyone care to sell me on switching from iOS to android?

arkoe and Jontro like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If you were on acid and were to visualize yourself reincarnated; would you rather come back as an apple with a worm gutting out your insides, while you lay there motionless, helpless on the ground or would you rather be reincarnated as an android that serves a purpose of saving the world against Skynet? Pretty easy.

ramotadab and Xerobull like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I also bought this phone. Have been an Apple guy forever. Tried a couple times with Android phones before. This one might sway me.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

Be sure to download nova launcher pro and customize your swipes. Have you tried gaming?

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Folks that currently have our had one... how well is it or how did it hold up? Scratches on the inside screen? Crease get worse over time? Did you have to get a screen replacement at some point? More importantly, if you don't have it anymore and went back to a candy bar style smartphone, why?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm on the fence about Google's that's gonna be announced next month. Just want to know if you have any regrets after having it for a while.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/18/...t-weight-battery-io-announcement-release-date