1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Senate Watch: Is it in play for Democrats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Mar 6, 2020.

?

Will Democrats win control of the Senate in 2020?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2020.
  1. Yes, they will control 51+ seats

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. 50-50 tie

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. No, they will fall short

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  4. I abstain, courteously

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, especially since I donated twice in the last week to Harrison, I think Graham will win. The latest polls are showing Trump has a 10 point lead in SC and his coattails might pull Graham through. Graham understands his state and pretty much knew he needed to glue his lips to Trump's butt to win.

In NC though very different story. The latest polls but's Cunnigham up by 10 over Tillis!

With NC, AZ, CO, and ME the Democrats take the Senate. Graham losing will be icing on the cake but not needed.

joshuaao, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Good news for the Ds. This race was looking to be a January runoff between two Rs. The race is still "likely R".

Civiqs, which is polling on behalf of Daily Kos, and Quinnipiac are each out with new surveys of the November all-party primary, and they each find pastor Raphael Warnock securing a spot in the all-but-certain January runoff. First is Civiqs, with the May results in parentheses:

Raphael Warnock (D): 38 (18)
    Doug Collins (R): 25 (34)
    Kelly Loeffler (R-inc): 21 (12)
    Matt Lieberman (D): 5 (14)
    Ed Tarver (D): 2 (6)

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Wish Lieberman had dropped out. I already castb my vote for Warnock. I think he has a chance against Loeffler if they end up heads up. I think Collins would do better.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Wonder how much Lindsey had to pay him to drop out

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Maybe that's why Graham is begging for more money.

Also is there a Green Party or Legal mar1juana candidate running?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Doesn't look like it, just Bledsoe after both Libertarian candidates were DQ'd.

Straight up, 2 person race.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

GOP Senator in Pennsylvania is retiring.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

In a debate with the Lindsey Graham Jamie Harrison brought his own plexiglass shield.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...a-senate-debate-plexiglass-covid-b765866.html

Democrats shield candidate from Lindsey Graham with plexiglass wall in election debate
    'I am taking this seriously. That’s why I put this plexiglass up. Because it’s not just about me’ says Jaime Harrison

At Saturday night’s South Carolina Senate race debate, there was more to social distancing than two podiums set thirteen feet apart.

Jaime Harrison, the Democratic Party challenger to Senator Lindsey Graham, was shielded by a large plexiglass screen, and prior to the debate, his campaign manager tweeted that the incumbent senator should be quarantining.

As chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, this week Mr Graham had prolonged exposure to Senator Mike Lee, who has since tested positive for Covid-19 — per CDC guidelines he should be in quarantine.

Fittingly, the first question of the night concerned the coronavirus pandemic, the number of newly infected public officials in the past day, and whether politics had hampered the response to the virus.

Senator Graham answered first, defending the handling of the pandemic, saying that “the virus is a problem that came out of China not Trump Tower”.

He then pivoted his answer, vowing that through his position on the judiciary committee, Judge Amy Coney Barrett would be confirmed to the Supreme Court.

Mr Harrison said that he was not going to blame president Donald Trump or anyone for the inception of the disease, but he would put blame on whether it was taken seriously.

“Tonight I am taking this seriously. That’s why I put this plexiglass up. Because it’s not just about me, it’s about the people in my life that I have to take care of as well: my two boys, my wife, my grandmother,” he said.

Mr Harrison lost his aunt to coronavirus in the summer.

The debate comes on the second day of the president being hospitalised with the coronavirus at Walter Reed Medical Centre.

South Carolina has more than 151,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19 and has officially recorded 3,442 deaths from the virus.

There have been 7.4 million cases nationwide and more than 209,000 deaths.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ate-plexiglass-covid-b765866.html?jwsource=cl

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

It really is too bad that Alabama is as ass-backward as it is. Doug Jones is a good man and is going to lose to a moron.

Deckard and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Welp the Dem running for NC Senate against Tillis is a complete moron. This was after he was caught having an affair

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That's pretty disappointing considering how much he's up by. Definitely don't need any self-inflicted wounds now.

Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude can't even put a mask on right.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thom Tillis - hold my beer (though this is from ages ago and just surfaced)

I actually don't think the pg13 texts are gonna totally derail Cunningham, with all the early voting & trump in the white house. I could be wrong.

#180 SamFisher, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    No Worries and RayRay10 like this.