1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Biden has been totally absent during this crisis. Actually it's worse than that, he's been hiding because he was credibly accused of sexual assault by Tara Reade.

I could write a long, articulate, beautifully composed post explaining things to you, but let me cut to the chase. Biden's too old. He's lost his fastball. Not even close to what we need during a time of crisis.

GOOD DAY

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First of all, ads were run against John Kerry that were completely false - the whole "Swift Boat" attack. Those ads were allowed to run, so I am not sure how you can say Trump is on the right here.

In regards to the ad itself, they are Trump's words, he did say in regards to the Dems fuss about the Coronavirus that it was their new hoax. It's ambiguous what he meant by that but certainly using it in an ad about his performance regarding coronavirus seems legit.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Great ad.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

See there you go....

Do it and stop Bi_ _ _ing

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I really wish Andrew had ran, he seems very presidential.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not a bad ad. Better ad than candidate. I wonder if Joe understands the ad?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Don't fall into the right's attempt to turn a stutter into a cognitive issue.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not. I stutter myself. There are better candidates on the left.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Obviously it's not a stutter - it's frequent mid-sentence memory lapses, confusion of names, and confusion of stories. Occasionally he does stutter, but that's only about 2% of the issue. Defending Biden's mental faculties is a tough, thankless job - so I salute you for suspending all credulity to do so.

GOOD DAY

10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How long have you been laid off from your busboy job, coming up on two weeks now, eh? LOL...

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think you should worry more about Trump than Biden.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Who's defending Trump ? Surely not me.

I'm defending the law , that add is clearly and intentionally libelous in its mischaracterization of his statements.

Apparently the law doesn't matter to some of you - the end justifies the means.

Maybe other candidates should have had the sense to use these types of legal orders to stop negative adds that weren't truthful in nature.

Pretty stupid not to do so if you ask me.

If it were me and I won the case in court , I'd ask that they be forced to make an add retracting the libel.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Dude, I sit down and watch his press conferences. It's own his own words. I don't need the attack ads to know what he's saying in the ads is actually from his mouth. Quite frankly, if they bought more time to air these ads, they'd have a lot more ammo to work with than what was advertised. There's tens of minutes of contradictions from him that simply weren't salacious enough from what's in the ads. He's a walking talking contradiction of a moron. Stop defending this POS.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Look , we all know what he said.

But you can't rearrange someone's words / soundbites to be misleading or intentionally damaging and that's exactly what that add does.

But hey , for some of you the end justifies the means ..... which is kinda funny when you scream and shout about how he breaks all the rules - but its Ok to break those same rules if it suits your agenda.

15. T_Man

Help me out...

Which statements are being re-arranged?

Not being funny... not attacking... asking a question...

Because he said those words, they came out of his mouth...

T_Man

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not arguing that he didn't say them , He did - they are his words.

I'm arguing that its the way you arrange them that changes the context.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

BamBam likes this.
  18. T_Man

I understand...

But I'm asking which words were rearranged... I want to go back and see what I missed..

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

What from the soundbites is misleading at all about his intentions and what he explicitly said?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't think they have much of a case. Libel/slander laws don't protect politicians historically.

Trump has done this many times to other candidates. But regardless, can you say what is misleading about the ad?

Trump called something a hoax - what was it? What was he referring to? It can't be to the "politicization of the response" as some claim, because that's not a fake thing, it's real. It doesn't make sense to call that a hoax.

The only thing that makes sense is that he is saying that the Dems are making the Coronavirus into a threat that it's not. He did compare it to the flu and said it would be gone by summer, that suggests he was saying that it was being overblown - that indeed he is saying it is a hoax.

So A) it's disputable that the ad is inaccurate and B) even if it was, it is not illegal.

RayRay10 likes this.