1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] Rate my Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by primtim24, Aug 31, 2016.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

For your first draft it isn't terrible. You didn't get any boom or bust rbs but you got 2 under appreciated backs that you know what you get. IMO you should have got a boom or bust rb and a solid consistent rb instead of 2 consistent backs

Your wrs is the opposite, all the depth is boom or bust. Although I like the players chosen I would have grabbed one solid contributor in the wr core outside your top 2.

Very good te get and your qbs should be plenty serviceable.

I'm really high on aj green this year, especially for ppr just by a increased targets perspective. He is going to get a lot of looks his way this year. I also like amari and it seems you handcuffed him with Carr which could pay off if they continue to improve together.

The rest of your starters are decent but I don't care for your bench and depth.

2. BigMaloe

I had a crisis happen 10 minutes before my draft so I wasn't able to be fully dialed in and actually got 2 auto draft selections ( the 2 picks I despise). 10 team standard.

QB - Luck
    RB - Gurley
    RB - Ingram
    WR - Allen Robinson
    WR - Brandon Cooks
    TE - Gates (auto drafted :()
    Flex - Ryan Mathews (auto drafted :()
    Def - Minnesota Vikings
    K - Mason Crosby
    Bench
    RB - Ameer Abdullah
    RB - Derrick Henry
    WR - Kelvin Benjamin
    WR - Allen Hurns
    WR - Markus Wheaton
    TE - Jared Cook

Thoughts?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm bullish on Ryan Mathews this year with tempered expectations. Now with a rookie QB starting they will need to rely on the run game. The only big question mark with Mathews is health. If he stays healthy I don't see any reason why he doesn't end up a top 15 back. I'm counting on him to produce solid RB2 numbers.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks for the critique. I was thinking I need to improve my WRs. Would it make more sense to attempt a trade (targeting a team with weak RBs) or cutting a WR and signing a FA (available WRs: Mike Wallace, Rishard Mathews, Sammie Coates, Ted Ginn Jr, Anquan Boldin, Tyler Boyd, Beshard Perriman)?

Probably dumb question... haven't done a FF (via Yahoo) so don't know how trades and FA signings work. All advice much appreciated.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

12 team 0.5PPR

[​IMG]

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

^^^

I would never draft a QB in the first 6 rounds of a 12 team league. The extra 2-3 points you'll get from Rodgers over a late-round QB isn't worth it.

Your entire season rests on if David Johnson is a beast and doesn't get hurt or suck.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Someone dropped Bortles in my 12 team PPR. I'm tempted to grab him so I can move Big Ben for a flex.

With that said, if it's one of those 6pt passing TD +3 or more pts for 300 yards passing then QB's are more important. I've seen teams get buried by QB's using those settings.

8. BigMaloe

Yeah I wasn't too high on him because I didn't trust Philly this year offensively, but with the Bradford trade I at least have hope that they will workhorse him to protect wentz. So Im not nearly as upset at the pick anymore ( draft was before the trade).

9. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12 team PPR, snake draft. I picked #8.

QB: Jameis Winston
    RB1: Jamaal Charles
    RB2: Latavius Murray
    WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
    WR2: Jordy Nelson
    WR3: Larry Fitzgerald
    TE: Dwayne Allen
    FLEX: Allen Hurns
    D/ST: Eagles
    K: Mason Crosby

Bench:
    Stefon Diggs
    Duke Johnson Jr
    DeAndre Washington
    Spencer Ware (trying to decide whether to start him or Duke week 1)
    Tajae Sharpe
    Josh Gordon
    Vance McDonald

Thoughts? Advice?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Considering you punted TE (and QB somewhat?), that team looks weak to me (I do like Allen though). Bogged down by 2 high risk guys in the first 3 rounds. Nelson could finish as a top 8 WR though - I don't hate that pick in a vacuum. But when you pair it with a player like Charles...

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its a high upside squad, which I like, but that comes with a lot of risk. But, it is definitely a team with championship potential should some sleepers come through and it stays relatively healthy.

1 person likes this.
  12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Curious for feedback on my draft. 10 team league, PPR, 4 point TD for QB, 6 for everyone else.

I went WR, WR, WR to start for the first time ever.

<spoiler.
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RzQQS"><a href="//imgur.com/RzQQS"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    </spoiler>