1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NBA Jersey Sales] Rockets/Harden not in top 15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GetThatLight, Apr 14, 2015.

1. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

Looks like Harden (or any rocket) wasn't in the top 15 of jersey sales, and the Rockets was not in the top 10 of team merch sales.

This should send a strong message to the Rockets org. You have an MVP candidate and a top-3 team and people aren't buying your stuff. Time for new jerseys.

LeBron No. 1 in jersey sales; Bulls are top-selling team

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Some writer (Not a Rockets writer, an NBA one I can't remember who though) posted on twitter about this very topic and he asked if it was because of Harden's style of play. 90% of the responses to this dude were "No, the jerseys suck".

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Cause our jerseys suck ass..

I mean more realistic factors are:

-Harden is just now becoming more popular, a lot of those guy's in the top 10 have been household names for a while
    -Houston is big, but doesn't get the national love that bigger markets in the west, north, and east coast get

But really though:

-UGLY ASS JERSEYS

If you have any resemblance of good taste in uniforms.. tell me with a straight face this looks good (even on a good looking, fit, model)

[​IMG]

Hideous peppermint potato sacks.

Idk what the Rockets marketing team is thinking, but I honestly see more people wearing the throwback jerseys than our current ones.. TAKE THE HINT
    [​IMG] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

/rant

#3 WhoMikeJames, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The players themselves don't even like the jerseys.....why would the fans? The cuts are terrible, and the entire theme feels like it's catering to a specific demographic. They need to get back to their roots and re-introduce ketchup and mustard back into the main design. If they do that, I think you'd see an enormous spike in jersey sales.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm surprised they haven't gone back to the original design from the championship years. Yao's long gone. We don't need to keep the China basketball team look.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Home/Road's are awful. I would have no problem if they just wore the alternates every game. They're so much better.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'd be interested to see how Harden's NYC all star jersey has sold compared to other all stars. Those are generic enough and actually look pretty good in a fashion sense. Not sure how many people still wear jerseys at non sporting events though

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kind of funny how most of the teams in the top 10 are uniforms that have barely changed (if at all) since the 90's.

Hmmmmm.............................

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i bought a swingman of his in the alternate colorway. the cut is soooo horrible. are we getting new jerseys soon or nah?

10. JazzLakerHater

For the love of God, why won't Les change these hideous uniforms. They are an absolute eyesore and I don't know ANYBODY, who likes them.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

This! Throwback jersey look so much better...

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lose the beard Harden. More people can relate to you. You gain more popularity, and team sells more jerseys. :D

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Leslie has not cared about the team and the worst thing that could happen to a guy like that was win those championships. Just look his first few moves:
    - fired Calvin because HE did not like him
    - lowballed Maxwell
    - changed our jerseys because HE wanted to start something new and make money, everybody else was fine carrying on the tradition

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Was just thinking last night that I am OK with the alternate jerseys.

Never cared for the current standard jerseys.

15. gah

gah Member

Seriously?

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les is still the owner and he never liked the original jerseys.

If it wasn't for yao, we'd still have flying dildo jerseys

1 person likes this.
  17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Not that the current uni's are great or anything, but ANYTHING is better than the HORRIBLE pinstripe smiley-rocket jerseys... those were absolutely the worst jerseys EVER.

I never understood why they ever changed the ketchup and mustard championship classics.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Because our Jerseys are ugly.

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I own jerseys off all my favorite teams except the rockets. That jersey design is hideous

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are an idiot.

Calvin should thank Les for giving him a second chance to even have a job.