1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] James Harden the return of the defensive juggernaut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 11, 2016.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5VYdhYUS56c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Harden is one of the most offensively gifted players this era but until he fixes his defense...

I will not forget. I will not forgive.

I accept the hate. Harden only fans bring it. I challenge you to challenge Hardens defense and effort.

1 person likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I already hear the impending excuses.

"You can make an 8 minute clip of any player in the league playing bad defense". :rolleyes:

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't know how Bill Worrell could chose Ariza over Harden for 3rd in Defensive player of the Year.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Dude just ball watches. He only cares about the steal or block, ie he wants the stats. He's a stat padder if i've ever seen one. Can we PLEASE give this guy his wish and send him to LA? I'm sure he doesn't care if it's the Lakers or Clippers. Just send him home. Get him out of here. You don't want to rebuild? Then get CP3 and Reddick and resign Dwight and retool in free agency. Just do something now, because this prick is going to leave us with nothing in 2018.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Massive regression defensively from him this season, for whatever reason. 100% effort driven.

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The Andrea Bargnani of perimeter defense

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

It might help to know if maybe your team's only real offensive threat was playing with five fouls during any of those clips.

But I get it, context just makes it more difficult to blindly follow the national media's established take. Sorry to bother you guys. Continue your Beard bashing...

1 person likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

I heard better excuses for T-mac on this site before.

try harder.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not saying Harden always plays good D. His man defense is usually above average, but he obviously doesn't buy into whatever team defense concepts we were using this year, and he often conserves his energy on defense.

That being said, you can cherry-pick a handful of plays from an entire season to make any player look like they never bother to cover their opponents.

try harder.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Couldnt make it through the full video. Respect to anyone who could.

Olympic year and a defensive video about Harden? Things are looking up for the 2016-2017 season.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Paging sydeffect and vlaurelio. LULZ

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

his patented reach around on man defense is not something you can call above average

13. Pete the Cheat

This circle jerk definitely needs more reach arounds.

2 people like this.
  14. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Tearing the teams best player down accomplishes what?

You guys certainly love your dead horses!

15. REEKO_HTOWN

One of the biggest steps in self improvement is tearing down the old and building a better you. The Marines do it. Executives do it. It's part of success.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah with the ball watching backdoor layups. no one would notice

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

These guys doesn't need your sophisticated calculus bullsh-t - playing with 4-5 fouls? What is this?

Hold the **** on, Gottfried Liebniz,

THIS IS BASKETBALL. THIS IS HOT TAKES. WE DON'T NEED UR SLIDE RULE.

18. Fantasma Negro

There are some bad lapses on the clip but what stands out the most is that James anticipates the switch but then none of his teammates switch and he ends up guarding two people, by the time he realizes it one guy cuts and gets a free basket. This is why I'm not a fan of the "switch everything" defense. If everyone just played man or even a 2-3 zone James' defense wouldn't be an issue. The defensive "scheme" is not conducive to his abilities, a good coach should be able to fix that. The fact that we kept hearing how bad James is on defense when J.B who's assignment was defense when he was McHale's assistant was coaching the team tells you all you need to know about this season. James takes liberties at times but defensive scheming is on the coaching staff.

19. Fantasma Negro

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XBzUTucY5rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The more people hate James the more I love him #Bearding

20. Drogba

Drogba Member

"I will not forgive, I will not forget" Loser.

Surreal that Harden & in turn the Rockets have become the punching bag around the League because of idiotic fans like OP. You'll never see Blazers or Cavs fans posting this sort of video for Lillard/Kyrie. Awful fanbase.