1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013-14 NBA Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dkamberi25, Oct 8, 2013.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

This can be a one stop shop to post any and all predictions you have on the upcoming season. Be as simple or concise as you want and than we can look back after the season to see how we did.

Eastern Conference
    Atlantic
    Nets
    Knicks
    Raptors
    Celtics
    76ers

Central
    Pacers
    Bulls
    Pistons
    Cavaliers
    Bucks

Southeast
    Heat
    Wizards
    Hawks
    Magic
    Bobcats

Western Conference
    Southwest
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Grizzles
    Mavericks
    Pelicans

Northwest
    Thunder
    Nuggets
    Timberwolves
    Jazz
    Trailblazers

Pacific
    Clippers
    Warriors
    Kings
    Lakers
    Suns

Eastern Conference playoffs

8) Raptors 0
    1) Heat 4

Miami easily gets by the Raptors who while entertaining offensively, pose no threat defensively and get swept.

5) New York Knicks 1
    4) Chicago Bulls 4

Knicks will be a good regular season team, but I don't like them come playoff time as you can't count on Stoudemire so essentially there a one man team going up against a Bulls squad with Derrick Rose back in the fold.

6) Detroit Pistons 2
    3) Indiana Pacers 4

Should be a good series against division opponents who will know the other inside and out. The Pistons talent is very close to the Pacers, but the Pacers play the better brand of team ball and that will make the difference.

7) Washington Wizards 2
    2) Brooklyn Nets 4

I think this is the year that things fall into place for the Wizards. I expect Wall to stay healthy and maintain his play from the 2nd half of next season, Beal will continue to develop into a very good SG with great range and the rest of the team should complement them nicely. However, its not enough for the upset as the Nets have too much talent and veteran leadership to prevail.

4) Chicago Bulls 2
    1) Miami Heat 4

This will be a typical hard fought Bulls/Heat series, but in the end the Heat have just too much for the Bulls to content with.

3) Indiana Pacers 3
    2) Brooklyn Nets 4

This will be a spectacular series where each team can match up against the others strengths. The difference will be Deron Williams who has the biggest mismatch at his position. This will be a dog fight.

2) Brooklyn Nets 4
    1) Miami Heat 2

No three-peat as the defending champs are knocked out of the playoffs by the Nets. The Nets have built a perfect team for a one year run and it shows with their ability to throw multiple defenders at LeBron while possessing the ability to score from any position on the court.

Western Conference Playoffs

8) Minnesota Timberwolves 3
    1) Oklahoma City Thunder 4

Minnesota almost pulls the upset. The Thunder will be a great regular season team, but I don't see them making a strong run this postseason without a stronger third option.

5) San Antonio Spurs 1
    4) Golden State Warriors 4

The Spurs will still be a force, but I think this year marks the beginning of their slide as the Warriors will out run them and make short work of the Spurs.

6) Denver Nuggets 2
    3) Houston Rockets 4

There's going to be a homer vibe to these predictions for sure, but I don't think there going to be too far out there. Houston will possess the best inside out game in the NBA and that will take them far. Coupled with athletes and shooters this Rocket team will be special.

7) Memphis Grizzles 3
    2) Los Angeles Clippers 4

These two teams always push each other to the limits and this year will be no different. A tough series that goes the distance with Paul's playmaking ability being the difference.

4) Golden State Warriors 4
    1) Oklahoma City Thunder 2

The Warriors will find a way to win 1 game at OKC while holding serve at home. With Barnes and Iguodala, the Warriors can rotate defenders on Durant while I can't see the Thunder slowing down the Warriors offense enough to take the series.

3) Houston Rockets 4
    2) Los Angeles Clippers 1

I just don't see this Clipper team matching up well against the Rockets. I expect Harden and Howard to have there way with the Clips en route to a easy 5 game series.

4) Golden State Warriors 3
    3) Houston Rockets 4

This will be the most entertaining match up of the postseason with all the offense and fast pace play anyone can handle. Each team will be strong enough to take the others best and fight back. The difference will be game 7 at Houston and Harden and Howards postseason experience.

NBA Finals:

Houston Rockets 4
    Brooklyn Nets 3

This will be another great series following on last years Heat/Spurs one that sees it come down to a game 7. The Nets will frustrate the Rockets with their ability to come at you from any position and with great depth, but it will not be enough to beat a team that features the best SG/C combo in Harden and Dwight. They will be able to lead their team to victory in a tough series that will remind Rockets fans moreso of the Rockets/Knicks series (minus the physical play) and less of the Rockets/Magic one.

2. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just wanted to gloat about correctly guessing the scoring title champion last year. It was an educated guess amidst lots of anti-Melo hate. I don't like him either, but still.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's easy to pick the prohibitive favorites, I hate doing so, but I did anyways.

Thisclose to picking Golden State over OKC out West. I was going to pick Mark Jackson for COY but went with the coach of the best team. I was going to go with Dwight for DPOY but went with LeBron. Outside of that, I think like the rest of my picks, ha.

East
    1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Atlanta
    7. Milwaukee
    8. Detroit

Miami

West
    1. Oklahoma City
    2. San Antonio
    3. LA Clippers
    4. Houston
    5. Memphis
    6. Golden State
    7. Dallas
    8. Denver

Oklahoma City

Miami (Threepeat) over Oklahoma City; NBA Finals MVP: LeBron James

ROY: Trey Burke
    MVP: LeBron James
    COY: Erik Spoelstra
    Executive of the Year: Daryl Morey
    DPOY: LeBron James
    Sixth Man: Jarrett Jack

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, strange how some people who hate Melo and dismiss all his scoring ability seem to forget to mention him when it comes to contenders for scoring title each year -- it's almost like they are contradicting themselves. "Sure he can score, but he's not going to."

Something tells me Durant will win the scoring title again. Hell, he may be at 35ppg by the time Westbrook comes back.

How's that for an "educated guess?"

6. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

East
    1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Atlanta
    7. Milwaukee
    8. Detroit

[​IMG]

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha ha ha!

They lost Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, J.J. Redick, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Mike Dunleavy, & Samuel Dalembert (along with a few others who didn't make a real difference).

They added O.J. Mayo, Brandon Knight, Luke Ridnour, Carlos Delfino, Gary Neal, Zaza Pachulia, & Khris Middleton (along with some draft picks that may or may not contribute).

I can't trust Washington or Cleveland. The injury bug will bite sooner or later for one or both teams. And then there's Toronto.

So you have about five teams fighting for the last two spots -- Milwaukee, Detroit, Washington, Cleveland, and Toronto.

8. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

Sounds like there getting Wiggins next year to me i feel you on the cavs and wizards and toronto aint going no where

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

While Ellis and Jennings are inefficient chuckers, Knight, Ridnour and Delfino (while I love him) might actually be downgrades compared to them. And OJ Mayo is barely an upgrade over those two. And more importantly, the Bucks lost Redick and Dunleavy, two very solid rotational guys.

This year's Bucks team is significatly worse

10. Ditty

Ditty Member

East:
    1.Heat
    2.Pacers
    3.Bulls
    4.Nets
    5.Knicks
    6.Pistons
    7.Cavs
    8.Wizards

Heat over Wizards-4 games
    Pacers over Cavs-5 games
    Bulls over Pistons-4 games
    Nets over Knicks-6 games

Heat over Nets-6 games
    Pacers over Bulls-7 games

Pacers over Heat-6 games

West:
    1.Spurs
    2.Clippers
    3.Thunder
    4.Rockets
    5.Warriors
    6.Grizzlies
    7.TrailBlazers
    8.T Wolves

I think Westbrook won't be 100% this season

Spurs over Twolves-5 games
    Clips over blazers-6 games
    Thunder over Grizz-7 games
    Rockets over Warriors-7 games

Spurs over Rockets-5 games
    Clips over Thunder-6 games

Spurs over Clips- 6 games

Spurs over Pacers-6 games

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah...the Nuggets are going to suck.

12. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

The format of my response is credited to J.R.

East
    1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. New York
    5. Detroit Pistons
    6. Brooklyn Nets (Injuries)
    7. Atlanta
    8. Cleveland

Chicago

West
    1. LA Clippers
    2. San Antonio
    3. OKC
    4. Houston
    5. Golden State
    6. Memphis
    7. Minnesota
    8. Portland

LA Clippers

LA Clippers over Chicago in 6. NBA Finals MVP: Blake Griffin

ROY: Victor Oladipo
    MVP: Lebron James
    COY: Doc Rivers
    Executive of the Year: Daryl Morey
    DPOY: Dwight Howard
    Sixth Man: JR Smith

(Not a Clippers fan in any world, but I think this will be their year.)

13. NotChandlerParsons

- Rudy Gay becomes one of the best players in the league after his eye surgery, shoots 50/40/90. After dropping 50 points in the Toyota Center he tweets TRADE ME FOR SHANE BATTIER HUH
    - JaVale McGee, free from George Karl, can finally average 20/10 like he is meant to.
    - The Timberwolves season is derailed when Kevin Love is injured while doing a zumba dance DVD
    - Florida legalizes mar1juana and the NBA decides to stop testing for it entirely. LeBron James, a bleary-eyed Michael Beasley and Greg Oden with a robot leg form a new 'big 3' and lead Miami to a championship.
    - The Lakers have the worst record in the league. Kobe gets a sex change, signs with a WNBA team and leads them to ten consecutive titles.
    - Paul George, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins live up to their max contracts. Okay sorry, that one was a joke.

14. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

Sounds like a clippers fan...... A LOT!
    [​IMG]

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

East
    Indiana
    Miami
    Brooklyn
    Chicago
    Knicks
    Atlanta
    Cleveland
    Detroit

MIAMI

West
    LAC
    Houston
    San Antonio
    OKC (No Westbrook)
    Memphis
    Golden State
    Portland
    Minnesota

OKC (crazy trade to give them depth)
    ROY: MCW
    MVP: LeBron
    COY: Jason Kidd (lame)
    EOY: D Morey or Billy King
    DPOY: Tony Allen
    Sixth Man: Tyreke Evans

Champs: LeBron's Team

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Rockets win championship!

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

a better question is do the Clippers even have fans that were not at one point Laker fans, LOL

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sorry for the bump, but I've just now put together my standings prediction. Uses a few stats + my own hunches. You can now place your bets in Vegas.

East

1 MIA
    2 CHI
    3 IND
    4 BRK
    5 NYK
    6 CLE
    7 DET
    8 BOS

9 WAS
    10 MIL
    11 ATL
    12 TOR
    13 ORL
    14 CHA
    15 PHI

West

1 LAC
    2 HOU
    3 SAS
    4 OKC
    5 GSW
    6 MEM
    7 DEN
    8 MIN

9 POR
    10 NOP
    11 DAL
    12 LAL
    13 SAC
    14 UTA
    15 PHX

Complete

1 MIA
    2 LAC
    3 HOU
    4 CHI
    5 SAS
    6 OKC
    7 IND
    8 GSW
    9 BRK
    10 MEM
    11 NYK
    12 DEN
    13 MIN
    14 POR
    15 CLE
    16 DET
    17 NOP
    18 DAL
    19 BOS
    20 WAS
    21 MIL
    22 ATL
    23 LAL
    24 SAC
    25 UTA
    26 TOR
    27 ORL
    28 CHA
    29 PHX
    30 PHI

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

As the rosters are now, injuries, trades, accidents, scandal and criminal charges could bring changes

Eastern Conference

Atlantic

Nets
    Knicks
    Celtics
    Raptors
    76ers

Central

Bulls
    Pacers
    Bucks
    Pistons
    Cavaliers

Southeast
    Heat
    Hawks
    Wizards
    Bobcats
    Magic

Playoff Picture:
    1. Chicago Bulls - 59.5 wins: Most well-rounded team, outside of Miami

2. Miami Heat - 57.5 wins: Cruise-control this year, they can win most games with a C effort.

3. Brooklyn Nets - 56.5 wins:

4. New York Knicks - 56.5 wins:

5. Indiana Pacers - 52.5 wins: Most overrated team in the NBA, only 49 wins in the Eastern Conference with other playoff teams not being completely healthy.

6. Atlanta Hawks - 47.5 wins: NBA-Hell, they won't be bad enough to get a lottery pick and fortunately being in the East ... they are still a playoff team and may actually give some of the teams above a little scare (not enough to beat them).

7. Milwaukee Bucks - 45.5 wins : Of all the lower tier Eastern conference teams, they are the most stable by far.

8. Detroit Pistons - 43.5 wins: Of all the lower tier Eastern conference teams, they may have the best talent combined with no as much chaos.

Lotteryville bound:

Cleveland Cavaliers again (top 11-15) - too much chaos
    Toronto Raptors (top 11-15) - too much chaos
    Boston Celtics (top 11-15) - scrappy lower playoff seed potential
    Charlotte Bobcats (top 7-12) - better than last three years
    Washington Bullets (top 7-12) - slightly better than last year
    Orlando Magic (top 1 - 5)
    Philadelphia 76ers (top 1 - 5) -

Western Conference
    Southwest

Spurs
    Rockets
    Grizzles
    Mavericks
    Pelicans

Northwest

Thunder
    Nuggets
    Trailblazers
    Jazz
    Timberwolves

Pacific
    Clippers
    Warriors
    Lakers (if Kobe plays at least 38-41 games)
    Kings
    Lakers (if Kobe plays less than 38-41 games)
    Suns

Playoff picture:

1. San Antonio Spurs - 60.5 wins :Leonard rises to almost all-star status and the Spurs keep doing their usual thing.

2. Los Angeles Clippers - 58.5 wins :Coaching in all of these predictions seems to be the most underrated aspect and the Clippers improved the most in that aspect in the offseason, while getting better in some areas (losing Bledsoe hurts).

3. Oklahoma City Thunder - 56.5 wins :
    4A. Houston Rockets - 54.5 wins:
    4B. Golden State Warriors - 54.5 wins:
    6. Memphis Grizzlies - 53.5 wins: Entering NBA-hell again.
    7. Denver Nuggets - 49.5 wins: In NBA-hell.
    8. Dallas Mavericks - 45.4 wins:

Lotteryville Bound:
    Portland Trailblazers (top 13-15): Will and could flip flop with the Mavs for the entire year.
    Utah Jazz (top 13-15) - Barely missing the playoffs again.
    Minnesota Timberwolves (top 13-15) - Better this year ... missing something to make a serious playoff push ... when you have your coach calling you out in a preseason game and the team wasn't a contender last year.
    New Orleans Pelicans (top 8-12)

Los Angeles Lakers (top 5 - 8): Kobe missing most of the season ... People, especially some Laker fans...Los Angeles sucks worst than a second rate p*rn stars on a 3 film shoot in one day without Kobe. Last season with Kobe, Dwight, and Gasol (with an occasional appearance by Nash), the Lakers squeaked into the playoffs by a choking Rockets team and only winning 2 and 4 more games than the Mavs and Jazz. (top 12-15): If Kobe plays half or a greater proportion of the season.

Sacramento Kings (top 5 -8):
    Phoenix Suns (top 1-5) -

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

MVP - Kevin Durant or Chris Paul (the NBA likes to spread it around).
    Finals MVP - LeBron James
    DPOY - Paul George
    ROY - Victor Oladipo, Otto Potter or Michael Carter Williams

EC All-Star starters: Al Horford, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Deron Williams

WC All-star starters: Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant Kobe Bryant (yep... he's going to get the votes and probably be back, if he's injured James Harden ... substitutes), Step Curry or Russell Westbrook