1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#19Missouri @ Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Uprising, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What a game! I just got home! Man that was awesome! nice to be a ranked big12 opponent. And we actually looked like a good team today! :eek:

Mizzou: 19
    TAMU: 25

2. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Awesome win for the good guys! Man, just to think that we are one hail mary away from being undefeated!

Hopefully we don't get cocky or lose focus the next two weeks.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

J-Train gigged their goozies. Whoop. Jordan Peterson redeemed himself, not that the Tech thing was his fault though...

4. Uprising

yeah Peterson had a great game. The Aggies defense was awesome in the 2nd half.

And as for the Train! DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUM!

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The Cat faints.

6. ths balla

ths balla Member

the game was awesome got home about 40 min ago, cant stop the JTrain and our defense was huge :D

7. AggieRocketFan96

Jovorskie!!!!! He's the Jerome Bettis of the NCAAs! Aggies Win, Aggies Win!

Still hate franchione!

8. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

The win is nice, but I'm not too excited as our non-conference schedule of playing the likes of the University of Phoenix, DeVry and ITT Technical Institute are as misleading as our Southwest Conference days when we used to run the table and then get our A$$ kicked against Notre Dame or Florida St. in the Cotton Bowl.

Wish I was more optimistic, but barely beating Army & Kansas by a meer 7 points combined don't have me feeling that we are for real, at least not yet.

We have got to figure a way to put pressure on the QB, as sooner or later (no pun intended) it is going to catch up with us (as it did against TT).

If we can win at least 3 out of the next 5 maybe I'll change my tune. OSU and Baylor should be gimmes, but OU, NU and t.u. have me concerned nevertheless.

Gig'em!

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I have no idea what this means.

I did like Katy High getting some love on the broadcast, though.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I almost turned the game off after the center snapped the ball over McGee's head to start off the 3rd. Glad the defense showed up in the 2nd half.

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Definitely a game of ups and downs ... Missouri was also severely outcoached in the 2nd half, and I feel real sorry for Mizzou fans because i didn't think Fran could outcoach anyone

The defense at least stepped up in the 2nd half when they looked horrible in the 1st.

Hopefully the guys can get some confidence and build on this and they can win a 3-4 more games this year.

12. RocketManJosh

Anybody watching the ASU-USC game? ASU punts the ball away down 7 with 1:30 left with only 2 timeouts. With the new timing rules in College Football ... what in the hell were they thinking? They have virtually no chance to get the ball back.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yup. :(

This was the most embarassing game I can ever remember a team of mine taking part in. I'm just flabbergasted. Second play of the game, a beautiful 65-yard touchdown wide open... fumble inside the one-yard line that goes through the end zone. Two more fumbles in the first half, including one inside the 20.

Those were self-inflicted by the team. Second half... on the two biggest plays of the game... 4th and goal from the 4 and 4th and 2 from midfield... you have an excellent quarterback and passing game... and in both situations you don't even give them a chance to throw when you only have a couple of yards? Furthermore, you intentionally take a delay of game on 4th and goal from the 4... so you can run a fake from the 9 and have five yards further to go? :rolleyes: Then, on 3rd and 4 for A&M with everything on the line, it's not a good idea to put 8 in the box? The entire freaking world knew it was going right up the gut to Lane, and they did nothing to counter that.

And that's not to mention the numerous little 5-yard dink and dunk slants that A&M ran all game long. Stephen McGee has proven no ability whatsoever to throw the ball down the field... and when that's the situation, even a high school coach should be able to figure out to jam the receivers at the line and dare them to beat you over the top.

This is depressing. I don't mind losing when another team comes out and beats my team into the ground. That's football. This is the kind of game that can ruin the rest of the season. Now, every game they win, I can't help but sit there and wonder what could've been if they hadn't given a game away (on every possible level from playing to junior high level coaching) in College Station.

Congrats to the Ags... they did play a good game. But I'm pissed. This was an embarassment on every possible level. It was an absolute joke what happened out there today. I'm almost tempted to cheer against Mizzou to get Pinkel's ass out of there... my goodness, there are ****ing junior high coaching staffs that would know not to intentionally take a delay of game to back themselves up five yards to attempt a fake field goal. They also might think about passing the ball if they have a superb passing offense instead of running up the gut with a tiny, undersized scat back. Ugh. This sucked.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't know about OSU...but Baylor beat ya last year, and they're better this year. I wouldn't call them a gimme.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah I thought they were going fall apart after that play but man did the D pick it up in the 2nd half! great win for the Ags!

16. RocketManJosh

Yeah I don't think the Ags will be looking past Baylor the way they have played us the last 2 years ... Especially Franchione. I don't care what happens the rest of the season, if we lose to Baylor again, Fran is GONE.

17. Glish21

Glish21 Member

The loss to Baylor wasn't last year it was two years ago, anyways the ags are ranked #25 this week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

19. Uprising

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If we win at Baylor and OSU like we should and just get 1 of the Texas, Nebraska, OU, games then I think Fran saves his ass. If the defense continues to improve and plays like it did in the second half then Fran might be able to save his ass in the eyes of the fans (myself included).

I have to give him credit for his offensive gameplans. He isnt one of those coaches that has a system, he simply creates sets based on his talent rather than recruiting talent for his sets. The coaches with that ability to adapt are the best.

He knows Tech and Mizzou can score in minutes and average 10yds a play in any given drive. Controlling the time of possession with the option is genius. Even if it is predicatble, there are enough creases in the plays to break something big with a broken tackle or perfectly timed pitch. And at least its fun to watch. Option run is solid fundamental exciting football, ill take it over a Tech style gimmick offense any day. No offense to Mizzou though, Chase Daniel is going to be special and they are going to give defensive coordinators nightmares for years.