1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

13 year-old Tyree King shot and killed by police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Quote me where I defended him...or stop with the strawman.

Yet still you can't say the same harsh words that you said about Tyree King to Brock Turner.

You just can't type it can you? Can you be consistent on this or is there a reason why you don't seem to think that Brock Turner isn't a career criminal that deserves to be shot? I can play your game too. You only call people career criminals when they aren't the right race.

I mean is it that hard to just call Brock Turner a career criminal?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's it, he's arguing against his strawman and that only. No one came in here and defended the 13 year old.

I guess not saying "HE DESERVES DEATH!" is defending someone in his mind.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If you're out on the streets robbing people and understand the concept then you're definitely a criminal.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This thread should be more about 13 year olds out on streets robbing people. Where are his parents, why is he out this late? We need law and order!

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The moment this thread was submitted, the OP should've known exactly how this would play out.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Saying someone deserved to die is completely different than he shooting him was procedure. The fact that I have to explain that is so ****ing absurd. What do you think happens to certain records after you turn 18? Hint, it has to do with the fact that kids under 18, let alone 13 year olds...have a very poorly developed frontal lobe when compared to adults. They can't make rational and thought out decisions when it comes to stuff like this.

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

It's called the Democratic Party. They have to have the sucm and worthless votes to win.

8. right1

right1 Member

Can anybody name one of the 50 unarmed white men shot by police in 2015? How about the unarmed, young, deaf white man Daniel Kevin Harris shot by a black cop in Charlotte, NC a couple of weeks ago?

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Daniel Kevin Harris

10. right1

right1 Member

He was not one of the 50 killed in 2015.

11. right1

right1 Member

Um, probably because a taser is only effective from up to 30 feet away at most I'm guessing?

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There's a difference between wanting the kid to die and thinking he deserved it. I don't want any kid to die, but by his actions of armed robbery and drawing a weapon on police, he did kinda deserve it if you ask me.

1 person likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Thank you for some semblance of empathy. Apparently that's too much to ask from some posters.

14. Buck Turgidson

Applicable to no other cases: the kid was going around jacking multiple(?) people with a fake gun (when it's pointed at you, most people don't know/care that it's fake). Then the cops found him, kid still has a gun, bad things went down, and he got shot. How is that resolution not kinda predictable?

Admittedly, I may be missing something, feel free to fill me in.

Horrible thing all the way around.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup... I don't think any rational person would blame the cops in this situation. It wasn't like the Tamir Rice shooting where the officers could have EASILY avoided killing the kid by not driving RIGHT UP TO an alleged armed individual.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

The US is a third world country if you look at crime rate, prison rate, illiteracy, poverty and probably children committing crimes too.

As far as this incident goes, terrible, horrible, tragic and just sad. A 13 year old shot MULTIPLE times. Are they trained to kill or are they supposed to shoot without killing? Aim for the arm / leg for humanity's sake. Probably biased because the child had dark skin tone. So sorry for this family.

17. Dei

Dei Member

Oh wow. I say the kid deserved to die and get hounded but when this guy says it he gets a pat on the back? I see you're still doing good work on the double standards Clutchfans.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, he never said it was a good thing he died.

You said "Good, he deserved it." which sounds celebratory that he was killed.

19. Dei

Dei Member

I don't get you. Do you agree he deserved it but you think it's a bad thing that he got what he deserved?

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

The kid die largely as a consequences of his actions.

No kid, this young, deserve to die. Our legal system already said that, even for murderer. Our modern understanding knows that kids can make massive mistakes because well, they are kids and their brain and emotion aren't developed. Most kids will grow up and mature. There is a pretty good chance of that. Perhaps the 'deserve' to die here is because some (or 2) people feel that this kid wouldn't ever grow up and mature.