1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“F*^# the Dodgers.”

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Xerobull, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

HOUSTON — A video that quickly spread around the Internet after Yasiel Puig’s ninth-inning home run in Game 5 of the World Series shows a Houston Astros fan in the left-field seats holding the home-run ball, until the man two seats down grabs it from her and throws it back onto the field.

But that’s only half the story. Here’s the rest: Her name is Sarah Head and she’s mad only because she didn’t get to throw it back herself.

“I would have liked the opportunity to throw it back myself,” Head told Yahoo Sports.“I would have liked the opportunity to throw it back myself,” Head told Yahoo Sports.

Turns out the guy who took the ball from her was her brother-in-law, Kirk Head. Sarah said she knew he was going to take it and throw it back.

Kirk was informed by Yahoo Sports that he’d been turned into a villain on the Internet and then asked to defend himself. His defense? “[Expletive] the Dodgers.

It was that kind of game in Houston between the Astros and the Dodgers.

That’s the only way to describe what fans at home saw after Puig’s two-run homer in the ninth cut the lead to just one run with a two-run shot that barely made it into the Crawford Boxes in left.

Sarah, sporting an Astros hat and shirt, grabbed the ball, and immediately started to celebrate. During the celebration, her brother-in-law Kirk reached over, took it from her hands and angrily threw it back on the field.

[​IMG]
    Sarah Head did not seemed pleased after her brother-in-law threw back a home run, but it all worked out in the end. (Screenshot via @WillBrinson)
    At that moment, the Internet erupted. Kirk was suddenly Public Enemy No. 1. Countless profane words — some four letters, some more creative — were sent out about his furious toss.

But in case you think there’s bad blood between the two, that’s not the case.

“We hugged and made up afterward,” Kirk said." data-reactid="40" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">“We hugged and made up afterward,” Kirk said.

Of course, that doesn’t mean all is well. After robbing Sarah of a chance to throw the ball back herself, something more than a hug needed to be done to mend the fence.

“We talked about giving her my Nolan Ryan signed bat and ball,” Kirk said." data-reactid="42" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">“We talked about giving her my Nolan Ryan signed bat and ball,” Kirk said.

After that crazy game, giving up a Nolan Ryan signed bat and ball almost seems reasonable.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Should have thrown it back instead of jumping like dumbasses in what appeared to be celebration.

moligity, RasaqBoi, Tfor3 and 5 others like this.
  3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I would have licked it and then threw it back.

jnuge90, RasaqBoi, kaleidosky and 2 others like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude was a bro. Dont give her the nolan ryan signed bat and ball lol.

He is obviously the true fan of the sport and team. She probably was having fun and excited about the moment but didnt seem like a die hard fan.

He prolly shouldnt have snatched it from her but it was the heat of the moment lol

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What kind of moron celebrates your own teams demise?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

On a scale of 0 to "Nuts"

How Does "Fukk The Dodgers" as a reply to Yahoo Sports rank as all-time best replies.

8. astroscolt45

astroscolt45 Member

When I saw it live I was asking my wife why is she so happy that she caught a Dodgers home run ball...

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He is my new hero. I would attend the church of Kirk.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Hated watching them celebrate, hated watching the ball get taken. Two wrongs don't make a right. Now that it is known that they were family? I feel like he did what had to be done.

ElDobleK likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The couple is dumb as f. Who celebrates that ****? ****ing dude who threw it back deserves a beer on all of us. ****ing t shirt fans.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

She Lyin she was gonna keep that ****.

Patience, tmactoyao, RasaqBoi and 9 others like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i trust that man to make high-pressure decisions.

Sajan, tmactoyao, Rox225 and 14 others like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

So we finna talk about his obama toilet paper on his facebook? Lol

Lets get political

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And FWIW, I think there is no way I throw back the ball.

If the Dodgers had won the game (and the series) I don't know if I could keep it though.

16. conquistador#11

our ball park must lead the league in best oddball events from the spiderman kid evading security, dancing white girls to dodging ball boyfriend.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Someone start a youcaring or gofundme for this HERO!!!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Would you jump up and down fist pumping and kiss your husband?

19. rockpileindisma

I can only hope a true fan is sitting next to you that will rip that thing out of your hands and throw it back

20. Daddy Long Legs

Lets get political

Obama toilet paper. How does that affect your opinion on this man?