1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also Gogi

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't really understand the want of SA over Houston.

Cities don't compare in the least bit. Lived in Houston for a long time and for the last almost 4 years in San Antonio.

San Antonio is awful.

Houston's basketball future is much more promising with Howard and Harden locked up for multiple years in their prime.

LMA will be stuck in SAS with Kawahi Leonard, and ..........aging Tony Parker.

That team has two year left in it.

The Rockets will be good as long as James Harden is healthy.....

3. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Still would.

4. LandryMegaBeast

duncan would play center
    he'd be playing with the best coach of all time and possibly the best pf of all time
    POP
    plenty of minorities in SA
    son lives in SA
    They won a chip a year ago

not to be rude but the spurs kinda have it locked up already. ill be the first to say i hope im wrong

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Lillard isn't a FA, he signed an extension.
    Knight is restricted, not worth clearing player to sign to an offer sheet to then lose him because they match.
    Ellis isn't a PG.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Your list should also include all the FAs that have actually given us a chance because of our two superstars

7. Egghead

Egghead Member

Spurs may need to trade Patty Mills to create space for LMA.

So trade

Papa + picks for Mills

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

San Antonio has had what close to two decades of sustained excellence with 5 titles in between? The Rockets have just one recent WCF appearance. Of Course players will see the stability and front office success in SA and want to play there. Things are improving for Houston but it has yet to result in post season success until this past season

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

How many of those trophies come off back to back championships lol.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Spurs make a lot of sense.....for about a year. After next season unless they sign another big name free agent, they're gonna go on a fast decline. Leonard and Aldridge keep them competitive, but not a contender. There's no way Duncan can keep this up into his 40's. Manu is also in his late 30's and looked like a shell of himself last season.

11. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I like this!

Derozan and maybe Beverly to Denver
    K-Pap, T Jones and Dorsey to Toronto
    Lawson and filler to Houston

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't need to trade Papa's contract (which is largest disposable we have) can just trade Prigs and a pick.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just want Smith, Bev, and Brewer back. We're fine. Bring over Llull. Let's do this. We just need chemistry and health and we're good.

In all likelihood, Brewer and Bev are gone, and Jones is traded for a future first to make room for Smith.

#41513 Two Sandwiches, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

His kid lives there and his mom is recovering from cancer. Could be major reasons to want to stay close to his family now. Plus with such an entrance by pop..anyone would be majorly impressed. I am.

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This is much better thinking than any FA PG signings, unless it's a vet min for someone like Stuckey. However, I would hope we don't have to give up picks, maybe just a 2nd rounder. SA will be desperate to clear space to sign LMA. Unfortunately, if I'm SA, I'm shipping Mills to the East or non contender in the West, else it could come back to bite them.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

Irrelevant. Championships are championships.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not hearing much. Best I can tell, they went in as longshots (as they knew) and came out as longshots. <a href="https://t.co/i0Ryed3xKN">https://t.co/i0Ryed3xKN</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/616291340842876928">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Damn I missed a lot I knew I shouldn't of took a nap. If love gives us a meeting it could get interesting.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Where did you hear that? If the Spurs have to give up Mills to fit Aldridge in, they're in even bigger trouble than I thought. Mills is too valuable, especially with Belinelli and Joseph gone.

20. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not hearing much. Best I can tell, they went in as longshots (as they knew) and came out as longshots. <a href="https://t.co/i0Ryed3xKN">https://t.co/i0Ryed3xKN</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/616291340842876928">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.