1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

For the record, I think our window for acquiring Rubio has closed (unless Fegan throws a huge fit and Flip gets fed up with dealing with him). I don't think we'll get him unless something else happens first.

But.....Rubio is a great player and I'll take all the heat for saying it.

See the future.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Basketballholic vs Bobbythegreat?

Yikes.

4,000 pages by the end of the summer.

1 person likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The problem with Rubio isn't that he can't make a shot; it's that he can't make a shot or a layup. He's an historically bad finisher. That is why we have no interest in him as our starting PG.

4. basketballholic

I think Bobbythegreat and I can respectfully disagree here without becoming combatants. He does a great job of stating his case and letting the chips fall where they may. I'm kewl with him.

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I think that's a lot of money for guy who can't shoot. Would you rather have Rubio on that contract or Tyus Jones on his rookie deal.

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rubio is just like Rondo. Both would be a terrible fit in Houston. Neither can shoot 10ft.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The point I'm getting too is I wish people would stop comparing rubio to rondo and dallas to Houston. You cant look at one situation and say look see. You have to include certain things if your going to do that. Like rondo never got along with Carlisle rubio wouldn't have that issue with coaching here. Rondo wasn't happy in dallas rubio would absolutely love it here so don't have to worry about playoff meltdowns. Certain things that took place in dallas caused what happened in Dallas. Those issues don't and won't exist for our team.

8. basketballholic

1. Rubio is a career 80% from the FT line.

2. Rubio is a career .432 FTR.

3. Rubio has a great attitude.

Other than that....they're similar.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That and it's just a hypothetical for now. There's no reason to go crazy about something that probably won't even be relevant.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Always been a fan of Rubio and I have been firmly in his camp. The only thing that concerns me at this point is that he seems to be injured often.

We can have a more complex offense with Ricky Rubio. The entire roster becomes more efficient with Ricky Rubio. Our crappy ass perimeter defense benefits big time from Rubio who is taller and just an overall better defender than PBEV.

I don't think your pg has to be a shooter in this starting lineup. But that doesn't matter in regard to Rubio.... He will improve and be average over the next year or two.

11. Mr. Clutch

I think ya'll will be respectful. I also think it will be 100 pages tonight.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

who would fail more with the rockets? Rubio or Rondo?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Have Cyber post literally anything at all and it'll be twice that LOL

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Please no to Rubio, I just haven't seen anything from him in the NBA that says he can be a starting PG on a championship team.

MAYBE if we had three other guys who could shoot well around him, but we only have 1.

15. Mr. Clutch

#true

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not going to lie I hope he does give us some insight on this rubio subject.

17. delishman

delishman Member

Do not like the Rubio V. Rondo comparisons. Harden can play off the ball, whether they want him to, is another discussion. Ellis literally can't. Also, Rondo's biggest problem was his attitude.

To be certain, the Rubio acquisition would be about the first 3 quarters of the game. Until he learns to shoot 3's at a solid clip, we would need a PG closer to play off JH.

He would do absolute wonders for this offense when James went out. Like a power-house Pablo who brought some much needed distribution when acquired.

ALSO- do not limit what being on a good team could do for him. He would get insanely good looks much better than he has ever seen with the TWolves. I could see his %'s jumping like crazy. It is really all about how you projecting his skillset rather than what he has done with the Wolves.

Also.. Dwight would get 2 more dunks a game.

18. delishman

delishman Member

AND for old time's sake..

#PLOWWITHPLOWMAN #PLOWMANPROPHECIES #BETTERLATETHANNEVER

19. basketballholic

His FTR is over 40% and his FT% is over 80%. I'd want him with the ball in his hands at crunch time. With James spreading the floor. #pursuit #wonthappen

20. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

JJ Barea typically played fourth quarters for the Wolves. Was a prime source of fan disappointment with Adelman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.