1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dwight Howard injury thread (video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 19, 2015.

1. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Every time my NBA Game Time app chimes in with a notification, I'm on it like white on rice. Hoping to see anything good related to DH...

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Seeing how bad your posts are, you're likely done soon as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

Rockets have no chance against Warrior without Howard, not a slightly single chance. The only guy you can't judge on his status number is Dwight. The Warrior guards will go nuts if Dwight sits.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Questionable means no season ending injury thank god. No meniscus tear, no acl tear. At worst its a bruise or sprain.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I guess that "injury" wording was significant, after all..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Diagnosis of Howard's left knee injury a sprain, rather than bruise.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/601117245180252160">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Diagnosis of Howard's left knee injury a sprain, rather than bruise.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/601117245180252160">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is that better or worse?

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

worse because it is to his ligaments.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I need someone to tell me how to feel right now......

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I believe it's likely worse, unless it's a very very minor sprain. Hopefully Okeezie will chime in...it's certainly more risky to play on than a bruise. In fact, i'd guess he won't play on it, until it's healed. Let's hope it's very minor.

11. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

sounds worse to me..

12. malakas

malakas Member

Dont sprains have degrees? First second third? Or?
    Anyone with medical knowledge can tell us ?

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

It's worse, but if there was no swelling today that is what makes the prognosis better. The swelling impinges the range of motion of his knee.

It's the western conference finals though, it's up to Dwight mentally if he can go.

14. DCballer

DCballer Member

Sounds like he is walking around just fine, so I would assume the sprain is minor.

15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Since they are not examine Dwight they likely won't be able to tell you the severity.

16. malakas

malakas Member

No I mean it's true that spains have degrees right? So it will all depend on the degree of the sprain right?
    What's the prognosis for a first degree sprain i.e? How many days rest required

17. Mr Chuck Norris

Why would he be questionable. He's not playing.

18. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It's very likely Dwight will miss Game 2. Hopefully he is close to 100% by Saturday. Rockets went 27-14 without Dwight this season. They've got to find a way to steal this game, but even if they don't the season isn't over. Even if down 0-2 you can still win your home games with a hopefully healthy Dwight and then have a chance to steal Game 5.

Anyways, Capela is going to have to step up huge. I think McHale and the staff will devise a good gameplan and I think Harden is as engaged as ever, so you can never count these guys out in Game 2.

19. hoopball

hoopball Member

i don't like this news. most knee sprain injuries require several weeks to fully recover. I can't think of one instance where a player stayed on the court with sprained knee. why is this happening to us...

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure a sprain is always worse than a bruise. Doesn't mean he can't play though. I guess it depends on the severity of it.