1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Shanks appreciation thread (Best of @HoustonRockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I haven't received my certification yet, so I'm a moron in training, and even I don't feel it was rapey in any way.

2. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Les is a huge animal rights supporter. Had NOTHING to do with rape.

And how violence in general is somehow less offensive than rape in 2015 butthurt SJW America is lost on me.

People that are easily offended should reconsider living. That being said, it is well known in the organization that there is a zero tolerance for animal cruelty or jokes about animal cruelty. no balloons or fur in TC, etc

3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Zero Tolerance? Clyde Drexler is still working for the Rockets.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And yet, Clyde is still here (unfortunately) even after his clubbing baby seals comment on TV.

5. MD_in_Training

The HoustonRockets twitter is now worthless. Essentially every single new tweet that goes up is inundated by Chad supporters tearing down the new tweets. Idk if that's enough of a blowback, but for now, the HoustonRockets twitter account has been neutered.

6. The Dog

The Dog Member

The Dog wholeheartedly endorses the posts of The Cat in this thread

3 people like this.
  7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Hahahahahaha :cool::p

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

I'm going to miss his tweets. He was apparently warned previously on pushing the boundaries so I get why they let him go. Maybe the NBA had a hand in this as well, who knows.

But even for a middle aged dude like me he made the account worth a follow. Team accounts talking trash back and forth is pretty damn entertaining. Reminds me of the junk my buddies and I would fire off during pickup games.

As for the rape innuendos, that's a dangerous topic. That comment paired with the emoji never once made me consider that as a possible interpretation. But as mentioned earlier in this thread, people see what people see. Is this tweet the Rorschach test of 2015?

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member