1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets fired their social media manager today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damn, that really sucks for this guy. The team probably felt like it had to given all of the bs faux outrage it sparked. Still, the apology sounded sincere and this likely blows over in a day anyways.

This probably means that we'll be getting really generic/dull/PC tweets from the Rox official twitter from this point forward. Blah.

2. txtodd

txtodd Member

Geez Les he wasn't going to EAT the horse

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Well Les is a vegetarian and does support animal rights. Bad idea to joke with real animals I guess. Should have killed my little pony or some **** like that maybe.

4. conquistador#11

i wasn't down with the tweet but to fire him is absolutely overreacting. if I was morley, i'd hire him to be one of my henchmen for when i have to roll to the sloan conferences.

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

That's a damn good point. That quote could evoke the terror of a near tragedy, right? Does Jack Swigert think that's funny?

Yes, I'm joking.

Maybe. :cool:

6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Yes, but that ESPN woman has giant...degress that got her that job.

7. thenight11

thenight11 Member

wow that is some grade A bull. Super over reaction from the Rockets

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Just tweeted . Still broke

9. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Reminds me when I finally let you loose on that a-hole on twitter, I don't even remember what he was so whiny about. Wouldn't back up his comments about Rockets getting swept against the Thunder or something.

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Emotion does funny things to you and this wasn't even that bad. I am never a heavy user of Twitter but after that fat nerd Zach harder from CBS posted something provocative about the harden no call with ZBO I went nuts and called him every name under the sun. Pretty embarrassing.

Still can't stand the guy but it's unnecesary. I feel sorry for this guy, the organisation should give him another chance

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Good lord I am outraged beyond belief by this. Sports rivalries aren't even fun anymore. People are wayyyy too sensitive

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Her "skill set"

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is effing terrible. We had one of the very best Twitter accounts in the league, no question -- whoever takes this over has enormous shoes to fill.

Ralph Tresvant ass Mavs fans. UGH.

14. rocketsmetalspd

He did apologized and the item was take off. He should be allowed back to work with 2 day suspension without pay.

15. SemisolidSnake

So this would be a mild, standard tweet on the L.A. Kings' Twitter account, but here it gets a guy fired. Houston more PC than Los Angeles. *sigh*

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Seconded. I sign the petition ;)

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

****ing Dallas Mavericks ruin EVERYTHING. I hate their ******* city, their stuck up piece of **** fans, their whiny b**** p***y players. Bunch of sore losers is what they are.
    Whining about everything. And when they finally get a player representative of their fan base: Rondo, that whines and cries and pouts as much as them; they hate him and cast him aside. **** DALLAS.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sometimes you can go too far. I will no longer run <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> but am grateful to the organization that let me develop an online voice.</p>&mdash; Chad Shanks (@chadjshanks) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadjshanks/status/593496214575788032">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I did my best to make the account the best in the NBA by pushing the envelope, but pushed too far for some and for that I apologize.</p>&mdash; Chad Shanks (@chadjshanks) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadjshanks/status/593496504549015554">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I hope there's another organization out there in need of someone willing to take chances and create engaging social content. I hope.</p>&mdash; Chad Shanks (@chadjshanks) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadjshanks/status/593496813967015936">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I don't suppose any kind of petition to allow him to stay would work?

20. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I loved it ... IT was just a joke geez... bring him back..