1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fast and Furious 7 : July 11th, 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 24, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I enjoyed it but I still like 6 better, that may change with a repeat viewing of 7

Wish there was more Tony Jaa/Rhonda Rousey but got the most we could get from both of them

The Paul Walker tribute was written in within the story beautifully, could not have done it any better....

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just saw it in IMAX and loved it. Pretty much everything you could possible want. I would rank it #2 only to Fast Five. Definitely better than 6

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This movie is opening big (63 million on Thursday night and Friday), but Avengers 1 grossed 600 million in the States and 1.5 billion worldwide. (Speaking of nerds.....me.) And Ultron will just go up from there.

So...great enthusiasm, but no.

Still, nothing to sneeze at.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Regarding the ending...

[​IMG]

5. VanityHalfBlack

Ultron is what I meant to say.

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

As dumb and as corny as all the movies are I love all of them cause they are just fun and entertaining to watch

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Movie was over the top with ridiculous action scenes and stunts..and that's what I was expecting when I decided to watch the movie. It'll be interesting what they do if they do future films.

For those who want to see the ending (again)...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7F-hI2lGR-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Saw the movie last night. Bitter sweet ending. I grew up with this franchise back in 2001 when i was just 12 years old, it's almost as if everyone has been affected by Paul Walkers loss. He will be missed!

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not sure what scenes Paul's brother did (except the ending scene) but there was one or two I felt maybe it was his brother but he did a pretty decent job filling in.

The action was way over the top and the usual - no way he could have not died in that sort of crash type moments but it was beyond entertaining for me. It was exactly what I was hoping for. Vin Diesel had some really stupid dialogue as well.

I saw it in a dbox theater so having the seat move around and all added a lot to the movie as well. Its definitely a movie that was worth seeing in the theater. I just wish some bits of the trailer didn't reveal some of the more memorable action moments.

also Nathalie Emmanuel --- YES PLEASE

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The best part was the tatted up Asian flag girl. Smoking hot. Also the Walker tribute was nice.

I've seen them all except Tokyo Drift and enjoy all of them. I don't think this one is quite as good as the last few, but definitely entertaining.

12. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Dude. Game of Thrones.

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

https://instagram.com/itsmelevytran

1 person likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, apparently, Paul was only in the Abu Dhabi (sp) scenes. Then it's his brother(s) with a digital image of his face (!) crafted onto the image. That's why, allegedly, he basically quits talking. Here are some more details, and an opinion that it was a little creepy, though well-intentioned.
    http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/Furious-7-creepy-and-long-6173472.php

(I don't have my own opinion b/c I've seen none of the movies. I'm just interested in how they brought a deceased cast member to life with technology.)

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

That's garbage, he was in the movie more than that scene. If that critic was trying to figure out which scenes were Paul or his brothers, he missed out on a hell of a movie.....

16. VanityHalfBlack

While watching the movie, it's as if Paul Walker was a ghost or something. Most of the scene with him is when his back was turned, or a standing still wide shot or in a dark warehouse scene when he was fighting with Jaa.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Sorry dude! It's just one reviewer. Not everyone has to love it. He liked the homage at the end but was probably just hyper-aware of how they worked around this huge, sad issue scene to scene. I don't think he made up the stuff about what scenes Paul was alive for, FWIW.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Haven't seen the movie yet but really sad Paul Walker will no longer be part of the franchise. :(

First they kill off Han, and now Paul Walker gets killed in a freak accident. :(

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

Very overated franchise that was dead by the fourth installment. Over the top action scenes to please fans with short attention span.

Not to mention, Paul walker, a known pedophile, is now idolized after death.

Smh