1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Toronto interested in David West, Terrance Ross and Valanciunas on the block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 16, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who the hell would be Toronto's center? Tyler Hansbrough? Am I forgetting somebody?

Why on earth would you trade a young athletic center in the middle of a playoff run?

2. showa13

showa13 Member

I highly doubt that Valanciunas is actually on the block, but I liked the way him and Dmo played together this pass summer, and I bet they would love to play on the same team

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I doubt Ugiri is stupid enough to give away Jonas V without getting back a promising star in return. Ugiri is one of the smartest GM's in the league.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ujiri is very smart indeed, that is why I find it surprising that Jonas' name is out there.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

exactly. Not to mention they are sitting right at #2 in the east and done that without Derozan who was out for quite sometimes. Everything is clicking for them finally and i just don't see Jonas being traded. Maybe Terrence Ross but will see.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Reminds of 'insiders' here. Throw some trades out, one sticks, everyone worships you.

7. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

His OffRtg is 105.0 compared to team OffRtg of 108.9
    His DefRtg is 106.5 compared to team DefRtg of 104.3
    His NetRtg is -1.5 compared to a team NetRtg of +4.6

In 2013-2014
    His NetRtg was +2.5 compared to a team NetRtg of +3.5

In 2012-2013
    His NetRtg was -3.7 compared to a team NetRtg of -1.7

He's still young and might reach his potential someday, but I would rather have DMO at this point.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Toronto need to be patient. We nearly gave up on D-Mo and he looks like he turned a corner this season. That might happen for Valanciunas in the second half of the season or early next season.

Another off season of strengthening up wouldn't hurt either. I'm generally opposed to big men bulking up in today's NBA, but Valanciunas' game looks to me like it's the rare occasion where the additional strength would outweigh the slight drop in quickness. He needs to bully people down there.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hmmm, can Rox get into the act for this?
    I like both player especially Ross.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I don't know... They're net +6 points better w/o him on the court. That is ridiculously bad for a guy playing 26 minutes per on a team ranked #6 in MOV. That's Jordan Hill on the Lakers bad!