1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden's 20-point fourth quarter to down the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2015.

1. downbytheriver

Yeah, harden is just a more dynamic player than KD and his strength really allows him to do a lot more. LeBron is the King and better overall player, but he's never been CLOSE to being clutch the way Harden has been this season. Not even CLOSE. harden is closing games like very few players in the history of the game. We just have to wait for the playoffs now.

2. bcast89

bcast89 Member

It's not THAT crazy to believe. He showed up big time in the playoffs against the Spurs before we got him and he was only 21 at the time. He was a top 5 pick and he's pretty much entering his prime.

3. bongman

bongman Member

PJ Tucker has now changed his label to

The player formerly knowned as the "Harden Stopper"

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EFr683dEAaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. downbytheriver

Anyone know who the announcers were?

6. djimi

djimi Member

What happened to that poster who wanted to trade Harden for Wall?? Hmmm... he is really carrying this team this season with Dwight out.

7. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

When the score is 120-114, harden makes a stepback j over pj tucker and the scorekeepers credit it to phoenix

8. apatel123

apatel123 Member

I can't believe what I am seeing from James Harden, My Goodness. All I can say is WITNESS.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't know who the play by play guy exactly but I think it was Brian Anderson, the other two were Grant Hill and Chris Webber.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It was an incredible performance. Harden made it look so easy, as if it was child's play to him. The Suns couldn't do ANYTHING.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

James Harden is playing the best basketball for an entire season of any Houston Rocket ever. There I said it. If he continues at this level, he Surpasses Hakeem's MVP year, regardless if he wins it or not.

I SAW Malone and Hakeem, all the way back to games at U of H. (yes there were those too.)

It is not a question for me any more. I realized he was headed this way early this year, and vowed to not miss one minute of his season no matter what.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

To be fair, the game is geared towards scoring guards nowadays and Harden has arguably less competition than Hakeem did when he played during the golden era of big men. There is a reason that last season, Harden was still considered the best SG in the league.

1 person likes this.
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Do any of you guys feel at ease when Harden has the ball in the clutch? Like you know he's going to make THE plays he needs to, to win the game?

Because I feel that way & it's an astonishing feeling.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I feel the same. I am actually shocked when je misses. It is a feeling I have never had as a Rockets fan. (I remember having the same feeling when jordan was in a game. But i wanted jordan to lose so it is not the same).

Also it was amazing that bledsoe was killing us and then harden switched on him and he blocked him in that crucial play

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Just an absolute joy to watch, he has most def jumped into my favorite player of this era right now. Seeing the criticism he took in the playoffs and this summer about his defense and all that mess, the way he handled himself in those post game pressers, that World Cup really did elevate his game and I'm glad KD was too chicken to lead USA into glory because Harden is in another world right now. Really wish he can have help in the playoffs (and yes he needs to step it ip there too) but as for now, this is just "a steaming pile of awesome" to watch right now! Go Harden! Eat brother.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The announcers were in awe of him, and I am glad they mentioned his case is getting stronger as an MVP candidate.

18. dragician

dragician Member

MVP it is..

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

It's fun watching the hate of Harden just disappear. Not just from the media, not just from other fan bases.. from here on Clutchfans.. Just go back and read some threads on Harden last season.

20. dejamike

dejamike Member

I can't believe that we got him for and only gave up Kmart and scrubs.