1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Another magical date (Dec 15th) has come to pass. Just like the Asik trade deadline I expect us to have the exact same roster next week. I believe this season ends when we get to the first round and James Harden is too tired to push us any further.

2. Ngadban389

Ngadban389 Member

CyberX, don't listen to the haters here.

There are many of us who greatly appreciate you and all that you do. Don't let the sound of a few who bark loudly to overshadow the field who hold you in high regard

3. onreego

onreego Member

Nobody is saying that DMo is a superstar but this team would be hard pressed to give away a player that creates offense for himself and sometimes others.

They need to take some pressure off of James to create for everyone.

My point was that Corey Brewer scored 50 on Houston but no one's gonna give up anything major for that guy because he's able to do that once.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Now that is just foolish.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally vote for realism. We may or may not be seeing D-Mo becoming an NBA star. I believe that he has already proven himself as an NBA quality starting center. Star? Ask me again this time next season. D-Mo is showing hints of brilliance. That much is undeniable. But few will ever develop into phenomenal NBA players. Time will tell. I am patient.

6. Nook

Nook Member

You apparently failed to realize that D-Mo is a modern day Aryvidas Sabonis/Kevin McHale clone.....

7. Play07

Play07 Member

cybrex... do you think danny would take dmo for sullinger straight up ?

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

D-mo went from a c- prospect to a B+ in a month.

7 footer with great back to basket game.

Who has more value right now?

Asik or D-Mo?

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo by far of course.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely. The ideal front court for the Rockets is with D-Mo getting 32 minutes off of the bench backing up Howard and Jones. It could be one of the most dominant NBA front lines in the league today.

11. rocketseagles07

Agree 100%. D-Mo needs starters minutes(or close to it) while being separate from D-12. T-Jones still fits better with Dwight and D-Mo has shown he can be a go to option. With him, canaan, and terry off the bench we should be good to go scoring wise.

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

WAIT

Cyberx is a lakers fan?

[​IMG]

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

(Apparently) the analytics guys are not real happy with OA's on-court effects despite his #s. But they're smiling broadly upon Donuts.

I hope the same is said in the Spring.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Truly. No one has shown the ability to slow down D-Mo in the post. Howard is at his absolute best coming in from the weak side for rebounds and put backs. I have a very warm feeling in the pit of my stomach when either Howard or D-Mo man the five. Few easy paint baskets there. Bev and Ariza are defensive menaces. What is not to like? And Morey is in the driver's seat with the trade deadline approaching. And the Rockets have the third best record in the NBA. I am a happy fan right now.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Is it weird I think about this thread when I'm at 24 hour fitness?

[​IMG]

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo learned a lot from Asik. Their defensive styles are almost identical. Except D-Mo is much much quicker. Defensively my eye test tells me that D-Mo is just short of Asik right now. In a year their positions should be reversed. And interestingly enough, Asik is a top five big NBA defender. Maybe top five period. Paint defense is the dominant defensive factor in the NBA. And by far the most difficult to perfect.

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Agreed. But, every time someone blows up like this they do so for about 10-12 games. Then the league scouts start catching up to them and teams begin exploiting any weaknesses. Lets see if he continues this way the rest of the season.

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Just ignore those people, I honestly appreciate diversity on this thread and you are definitely one of the best posters on this forum.

Were ever you go there will be unclassy fans unfortunately.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Typically in the NBA statistical significance comes into play around 20 games. December 31st for the new D-Mo. I reserve judgement until then.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

823 pages and nothing has happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.