1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

thanks...well, if the they show all the games down here, no need to buy the league pass...save myself some cash..lol...
    hey, U a rockets fan and metal head ?

2. TXBlackWidow

TXBlackWidow Member

Anyone know if Suddenlink is going to pick up the channel? And before you say get Uverse or DTV, my apt has Suddenlink and I get it for free. I would really appreciate it.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Have they done a good job of adding the other "new" channels in the past like NFL network, NBATV, Fox Sports 1, ESPN U to your "free" service?

That would be your best barometer on them adding this channel that won't be free to any of the providers (and will have some degree of raising your rates as it will be on a basic tier).

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

What about Cox Communications? Anyone know if they will have the channel?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

See above response.

The only ones who would be getting it "for sure" if the reorganization agreement stays as-is is Comcast, DTV and Uverse.

The other providers who usually add additional sports channels when they become available will likely do so with this one (as their subscriber fee will not be ridiculous like CSN-H), but the providers that don't normally pick up new channels (like Dish seems to be), will likely continue to play hardball.

1 person likes this.
  6. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

What about my obscure cable provider? Anybody know how to read the other posts in this thread for me?

2 people like this.
  7. suddenlinkhelp

suddenlinkhelp New Member

Hi – My name is Kacie, and I’m with Suddenlink. I’d be happy to share your interest with the team responsible for these decisions. Please feel free to email me directly with your account address. My email address is socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Kacie

8. Illegal Machine

Don't forget to send her your SS#, and bank routing and transit info.

9. cebu

cebu Member

Cox comm? do they offer free playboy channel? ;)

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I hate to be blunt, but people need to stop asking and read some of these threads.

If the plan goes through, the games will be on DirecTV, AT&T Uverse, and Comcast.

That's it. (As of now)

DirecTV is available to anyone who has a clear view of the southern sky. So unlike the past few years where some people just could not get Comcast no matter what, you should be good now if you switch providers.

Most apartments in Houston are tied to At&t and/or Comcast so you should be good there unless you have phonoscope or wavevision. I'm not sure how that would work.

If you don't like my answer. Use BallStreams or something. That works too

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Based on everything that has happened and comments from the various providers, Suddenlink appears to have little to no interest in a new local sports network. That could change, but I would say they are unlikely to sign on Root anytime soon.

As for DN, their CEO has drawn a line in the sand with regional sports networks. If Root ever shows up on there, I'd be surprised.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I'm wondering if Time Warner will pick up the games like a few years before?

13. rocketsmetalspd

Bingo: Rocket Fan Since 1979 Metal Head Till I'm Dead

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

YES. Looks like next Saturday is a go

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Comcast says it is fine with the teams, DirecTV and AT&amp;T closing as long as it can still argue its financial matters on the appeal.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/530456691616522240">November 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With agreement that the core issues on appeal are financial, there is a clear path to the impending launch of Root Sports Houston.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/530458533960364032">November 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

THANK YOU!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets owner Leslie Alexander: “It’s great for the city. It’s great for the Rockets fans, and I’m thrilled.”</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/530459696864702465">November 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Alexander: “Thank you very much to Judge Hughes for letting fans be able to watch the Rockets, who are 5-0 and going for 6-0 tonight.”</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/530459921423548417">November 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

18. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

YEAHHHH BABY!!! FINAL..frickn...LY!!!!!! I am pretty amped up!

19. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

same here..Metalhead Rockets fan in the RGV...actually I have my own band, we play alot of the local bars; Simon Sez, Paradise, Trevinos,etc..I always represent H-Town at our gigs, wearing a Texans, Rockets or Astros cap.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If anybody wants a DirecTV referral link, hit me up through the board email.

Dolla Dolla bills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.