1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ProBballTalk] Bosh would prefer 4 year max over staying with Heat for less

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jul 5, 2014.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

no no no no. The Pistons were trying to shop JSmoove within MONTHS of signing him. Horrible contract and if you think he takes too many jumpshots now, just wait until he plays in McHale's "screw it, do what you want" system. Yes, he can play great defense. You don't pay $13.5/4 years for that.

if we let Jones/Motie develop on the cheap, we tread water. Josh Smith is a step backwards.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like a sports media creation for clicks, if you ask me.

3. jvu

jvu Member

Please give bosh 15/per yr or less. Not max...

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

No way he takes a paycut to come here...he's either taking a paycut to stay in Miami or getting max somewhere else

5. fattz

fattz Member

I would ask Howard to take a paycut if money is an issue. He is everything and more that we need. Maybe he can wake up Harden about playing some D.

6. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

A SnT for Bosh at max would be Asik/TJ/DMo/IC3 and non-guarenteeds X 150%, while keeping Lin on the books, or Asik/Lin and whatever assets it takes to perform the SnT. Cap wise, we don't 'have' to trade any young player.

7. fattz

fattz Member

a 7' low post P&R with Harden & Parsons spacing / waiting from the 3 pt line... OMG

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

S&T for the max

Rockets would have Harden, Howard, Bosh, Parsons and Beverley (RFA next summer) all together for atleast 3 years, hopefully more.

Would get to keep the MLE, BAE which would add tremendous depth to a bench with Lin, Jones, Anderson, Daniels, etc

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lin is gone if we sign Bosh

10. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Terrence Jones/Love> bosh

Bosh is NOT worth 24 million a year

11. arjun

arjun Member

and what makes you think jones wouldnt be part of the trade package to acquire love?

more like bosh/jones> love

12. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Obvious homer post.

13. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

The value of something is what people are willing to pay for it, and several teams are willing to give Bosh the max. Several of the 'name' reporters have said so.

14. battousai

battousai Member

The price of a player is not "what you think" its worth. It determines by the market and the current event at the time.

Bosh is certainly worth the max or else there wouldnt be more than one team offerring it.

15. avijiggybear

avijiggybear Member

It's amazing how quickly people forget that Bosh was a dominant PF in the league before going to Miami. He was a top 5 guy at his position when he was running the show in Toronto. Of course when he went to Miami, he was playing second or third fiddle to LBJ and Wade, but the guy is still in his prime. He can shoot, take his man off the dribble, and has some solid post game. I also think his defense is pretty underrated.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

He can't make 24 a year. His max contract is like 88.4 million, he can make 22 mil a year MAX. I'd love him for 18/yr. But hell, if Les is willing to pay, and it enables us to keep Parsons, I'd pay him 20.

If we strike out on everything, including Love, can we rescind the Asik agreement? How are we going to improve if we lose our elite bench players. I don't care what anyone says, Asik and even Lin are GREAT bench players. Asik could start on almost any team in the league and Lin is the intelligence to calculate how much water the trainers will need to keep the players hydrated. In all seriousness, Lin is a not a bad player. He had some CRUCIAL mistakes in the post season, and he definitely suffers from a lack of confidence, but all-in-all, I'd rather have him on our bench than many other guys...not at $15 mil or even $8, but at $5? Sure. He deserves at least as much as Kaman.