1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Didn't Dwight work out with curry last year...

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It matters not. Kobe is done, as far as leading a team to a title. He hasn't been that type of player since 2011 and was on fumes in 2010. Their only chance is if LeBron comes in to save the day, and if he comes with Melo then they won't be able to get enough pieces to contend for another season or two.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

If we strike out, can we rescind the Asik trade and keep him? I don't care how much he and Lin cost. Who are we going to get that's going to make us a better team? Without Asik our defense is supposed to improve? If anything, we should have tried to move Lin first. Perhaps they did, but I hope we didn't pull the trigger on Asik too soon.

I just hope Lebron leaves Miami, so that we can get Bosh. I would much prefer grabbing Bosh, keeping Parsons, and using the MLE for some veteran presence. I should note I have zero clue how the MLE and other exceptions, and well NBA contracts go in general. Anyone have any resources they could point me to? I'm interested in learning.

Our weakest position this season was the 4. TJones is a good player, I like him, he could be really good in the future. But we have 2 guaranteed years left with Howard and we can't risk rings hoping on he develops, IF we have opportunities to upgrade. Other than Bosh, Gasol is the only other obvious upgrade available. Other than those two, what FA PFs are there available?

McRoberts?
    Diaw (will resign I'm sure)
    Blatche (he's matured, but his maturity level began in the abyss so it's still not impressive)
    Humphries (I will never be able to objectively scout this POS looking douche bag, sorry)
    Ed Davis?
    Hill (wouldn't be a terrible signing, but I'd say Jones > Hill)
    Mike Scott? (who??)
    Blair?
    Drew Gooden is in still the f'ing league??? Pass...
    Jason Smith?
    Brand?

There just ain't much else out there. I'd say the only 3 worth paying are Bosh, Gasol, and Diaw.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Welcome to all of our friends from Lakersground that have to use Clutchfans to get their updates.

Also, #StayD12

2 people like this.
  5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Do you have any insight on what the Rockets offered for Lowry? Just curious really, I'm assuming Toronto gave him the biggest offer.

6. Marteen

Marteen Member

Since the reports did say that he would take the weekend to think about it, I think it's safe to say that Carmelo won't make a decision until tomorrow. If he does or doesn't want to be here, that's fine. I hope the Rockets can swiftly make moves once the first few dominoes start rolling.

7. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Yes. They worked out at UCLA together. Lots of guys go there, and lots of NBA players are friends (even Kobe). I don't read into this really.

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

with the awesome info cyberx has provided us, i take it that Melo will likely wait until LeBron makes his move.

9. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@basketballtalk: Anyone who reads much into UCLA summer pick-up ball does so foolishly. That game always stacked with big names in LA in offseason.

10. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Dwight Epic Thread > Melo Epic thread

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

12. StepBackJumper

Not strange = NBA players working out at UCLA

Strange = Kobe working out with other players at UCLA

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't see how at this point in his career, that Kobe is considered any better than a Klay Thompson/Chandler Parsons type player.

Kobe is done.

If Carmelo said it's winning first, than it's between Chicago and Houston.

Kobe,Melo,Nash,Gasol,Randle- will not win many games. Worst defense in the league. (Assuming Melo/Gasol sign)

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

How many PG does LA have now that Farmar and Blake are gone?

15. i3artow i3aller

Careful Carmelo.
    That LA smog will leave you looking like an ashy Ice-Cube.

[​IMG]

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

Lakers are targeting Steve Blake once this stuff all gets resolved.

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

Or Thomas - those two PG's

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Houston ain't much better though...

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks far all of your updates cyberx.

20. StepBackJumper

cyberx is it your sense that Carmelo was interested in seeing how healthy Kobe is?