1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantland: Ibaka’s Return Fuels More ‘What If’ Questions About James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JonRetro, May 29, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You're right, his development has been painfully slow. Regardless you can't deny that he stepped up to the plate in a critical moment.

2. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

For presti , harden doesn't deserve max contract. That's it.
    Spurs system management is plain good.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Presti well knows Harden will become a playoff choker because he has no heart on basketball but on strip clubs.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So over this and I'm sure The OKC fans are to

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That's the thing I hate when people talk about Harden. Harden's picture was taken maybe once or twice at a strip joint. And what guy Harden's age with a bit of money hasn't been to a strip club? The more people use that strip club tid bit the more it becomes racially motivated.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Someone with a twitter account should tweet zach lowe that in regards to caveat 2, the cap didn't go up this season because of the changeover to 51% BRI. The nba recorded about a 16% (?) revenue increase, but it got mostly eaten by the switch from 57%

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Not even close of a comparison. You're talking about keeping a guy to win a championship, vs keeping a guy to maybe make the playoffs. You're talking about a guy with top 10 potential vs a guy with maybe all-star potential. You're talking about a potential dynasty vs a guy that would've potentially held us back from getting in a better position to upgrade our team.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

They haven't won a ring yet and Harden would've made them favorites. I doubt they're over it.

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I've spoken to a guy that used to bodyguard for Harden. That guy goes to the strip club whenever he gets the chance.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

over hearing about it

11. Swag

Swag Member

this is ibaka's scouting video when he was 16

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-qTAeVGl_e8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. jocar

jocar Member

$1.1M/yr cost OKC the next NBA dynasty. That's crazy

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

bottom line.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Breh, I bet we look alike.

15. BinBinRingRing

Well they hadnt been to the finals since the harden trade so.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Heres the problem. Harden relies on most of his points coming off fastbreak and free throws. When the game slows down and he isn't getting calls, he doesn't adjust his game. He needs to tweek his game. Maybe develop a post game or a turn around jumper. Defensively, he doesn't even try lol. But this might be due to the pace we play and fatigue kicking in. That's why we need a point guard to take away some of the pressure off Harden to create every play

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And this is why I want him gone.

Not because I'm the morality police by any means. And I'm not asking him to be a choir boy. But I honestly believe a lot of that sluggishness Harden would display in games is the result of too much fondness for late nights, liquor, and ladies. In so many games you can see Harden having to gradually wind himself up, wind himself up.

He probably thinks, "I'm young, I can handle it, it doesn't affect my game," but that's part of his immaturity. He doesn't always look sharp on the court, and his disappearing act in the playoffs, while certainly not entirely tied into my little sermon here, is still baffling.

Didn't some well-known beat writer post that Harden had partied all weekend leading into Game 1? Not a surprise.

Harden is so talented but if we rely on him so heavily we're bound for:

perpetual playoff disappointment. (Alliteration.)

Carry on.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden can continue to party at strip clubs, but he should switch to slimmer quicker more athletic dancers. I am afraid the weight of his usual lady companions are putting too much stress on his knees and ankles and making him sluggish on defense. He needs to practice matching up against quick athletes.

19. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

haha...thanks for the good laugh.:grin:

20. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

haha if your asian in your mid 20s, then ya we probably do. "all asians look alike"