1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Pending divorce between Deron Williams and Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHOKI3, May 16, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't go for him even if he was waived by the Nets.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Say No to the light-skin James Harden

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It's sad, he played with absolutely no fire in him during the playoffs. All he did was defer to other ppl. Even Shaun f**** Livingston played with more desire and heart than he did. He didn't even seem bothered that they were eliminated. Even if he was hurt he could have been more competitive and played with more heart. It's like he signed his max contract and mailed it in. He's the LAST person we need to pair with Harden who is also lackadaisical himself.

4. Lihao

Lihao Member

that's the reason he's not a great fit to our system , i highly doubt Harden is willing to give up all the ball handling duties to Rondo. It's also a waste of talent because one of Harden biggest strength is PnR and you want the ball in his hand to do so. Thus that would require Rondo to spread the floor behind the 3 point line.
    Still would rather want Rondo than Dwill though

5. quizone

quizone Member

hmm, if he could kill the coach, maybe there is a point in getting him.

6. platypus

platypus Member

I wouldn't touch williams with a 10 foot pole. He is becoming Gilbert Arenas 2.0 without the gun issues. A guard that was once considered elite reduced to a shadow of what he once was.

If i was Brooklyn I'd try unloading him to some star hungry team that's wiling to take a chance that he regains form. But I don't think a team like that exists.

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Great analogy. Gilbert Arenas.. exactly!

LMAO at those who actually want to trade for him. For the sake of the franchise, thank god Morey isn't thinking like you guys.

9. NBA_Elite

NBA_Elite Member

Milsap + Lowry >>>>>>>>>>>>> DWill

10. davesmall

davesmall Member

Jeremy and Beverly are young guys continuing to improve. DWill is not going to get any better an may decline.

Getting Carmelo makes no sense. He's a scoring machine but he doesn't even know how to spell defense, and he isn't known for sharing the ball. He'd take points away from Harden and minutes away from Chandler Parsons. That could make the Rockets worse, not better.

Rondo makes even less sense. He only shoots bricks from distance and threes are a key part of the Rocket's strategy.

11. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

One aspect of defense is rebounding and Melo is a very good rebounder. Other than that, I agree. I would still take Melo with the right situation and its not like TJones is a defensive genius.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

:) Jesus, take the wheel

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

As good as Deron was in Utah I don't see him being as effective having to share the ball with James Harden/Dwight. I'd prefer to try our luck with Kevin Love vs make a bad decision and get a formerly good PG who has issues with his ankles/weight.

If he was more durable I'd definitely try to get him but at this point in his career I think the Rockets are better off looking at another option.

14. torocan

torocan Member

I have no idea how anyone can still be on the DWill boat after all this time.

He was terrible this year. He was mediocre the year before. He was sub-par the previous 2 years in NJ. And he's admitted that he's a "system" player, in other words he's really good in the right system, but not so good as to transcend the system (ala Lebron, KD, etc).

Toss in that he's had ankle issues for 3 years running and is talking about a double ankle surgery in the off season, and I have no idea how people can say "He's great if he's healthy" with a straight face.

When was the last time he was healthy for an entire season? This isn't a guy in his early 20's ala Curry (which GSW got on a discounted deal to renew), this is a guy hitting 30 and unlikely to get substantially healthier.

Is he better than any of our PG's today? Sure. Will he be better next year? No idea. And is he $60M better? No, no, and Hell No.

That said, if he's all you can get (can't get Melo, Love or Rondo) and you absolutely feel the need to move Asik and Lin then sure. He'd be okay as the #4 scoring option. Just don't expect him to play any defense. No matter how he did in the way back machine, you just can't play good guard defense when your ankles are shot.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Adlibs anyone?

Anyways, no to Deron Cato

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So I think you guys are thinking too small here. Lets shoot the moon, Kevin Love, Dwill, Rondo and Thibs. Mix that with Harden and Howard, I don't see how that team doesn't do well. We can be like the spurs and thunder and lose to the heat in 6 or 7. That's the dream right there.

17. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

No. I really like him, but his inability to shoot jumpers will cause defenders to sag and cause problems for Dwight.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we were able to take a closer look at DW I would at least explore that. The problem is that NJ can't offer us anything else of value. I do like Teletovic a bit though.

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

20. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Still wondering why would people wants DW when Lowry is
    1 - The better player
    2 - More attainable
    3 - Younger
    4 - Have ties with Rox
    5 - A smaller contract