1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you trade James Harden for Kevin Love if need be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 18, 2014.

?

Would you trade Harden for Love?

1. Yes, I would do anything for Love.

22.8%
  2. No, I won't do that.

77.2%
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

While its understandable why you think this and that ought to mitigate the risk of Love walking out, I don't think many people responding to your poll would consider that a safe risk to take. Therefore I think your poll will be scewed simply because harden is locked up and love isn't. If your asking who is the better player to build around you'd have to level the field and assume you'd be trading for a resigned love in exchange for harden.

I personally wouldn't 1) for the risk of him walking 2) I'm loyal to the guy who gave our franchise hope again and as much as I hate the fact that he drags his ass on defense I have to hope he'll grow out of it. All my chips are in on Harden and Howard as the untouchable core.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

No. You're actually quite wrong.

Robinson netted the Rockets capspace and more or less 4 2nd round picks. Probably could've gotten a first if it weren't for the issue of cap holds for 1st round picks.

Patterson was dealt as salary matching agent for Rudy Gay.

Clearly Morey got more value from trading TRob than he could've had from Patterson. One had value. The other didn't.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Good lord man get a ****!ng hobby already.

1 person likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I was wrong about Robinson as an asset, but not as a player.

I did not anticipate that Portland was stupid enough to give up value for a guy that ended up not really contributing with any kind of consistency for them, wasn't even always in the rotation. I was not wrong about what Robinson was (Kings gave up on him for a reason, and the Rockets put him out of the rotation after giving him every opportunity soon after the trade to earn a spot) or what he has been so far in Portland.

Dude crashes the board hard, but is really limited offensively and clueless. Looking more like a future Reggie Evans than what you hope a top 5 pick to become.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Many fans also questioned Robinson as a player. There were plenty of doubters given his horrible rookie performance. You were hardly alone in questioning his ability to become worthy of his draft status.

But no one doubted his value in comparison to the almighty PPat... except you.

6. Carl Herrera

Patterson landed the Kings Rudy Gay, a max player.

And the Robinson value wasn't that great anyway. The two Euros have not been all that great in Europe and the upcoming picks appear to be low.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well Kevin Martin isn't the 20 point per contest guy any longer.

He is poor version of Jamal Crawford coming off the bench.

8. Carl Herrera

Then take Corey Brewer, who scored 51 points on Harden and the Rockets and was another McHale lotto pick.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Rudy Gay being a max player is akin to Carlos Boozer being a max player. You don't give up assets for those things, you take back assets as a favor for the other team being able to dump their salary onto you.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can't believe you took the bait.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

When you can't respond logically, fall back on jokes. Own up to your own mistakes like a man and don't pretend Patterson wasn't just some random throw-in for Rudy freaking Gay of all players while Portland was willing to pay quite a few small but legit assets for Robinson.

12. Carl Herrera

What have those "legit assets" done for the Rockets? The "Euro stash" players look to have a fairly small chance of actually coming over and contributing in the NBA and the future 2nd rounders will be very low. Maybe they can be thrown into some sort of package for deals, but the chances of them actually being a difference making part of a deal is very small.

Patterson was ineffective for the disorganized Kings and may not have had market value as a result. But once he got on a legit team, he contributed like he did in Houston. Who knows what value he would have had if he stayed a Rocket and got a chance to perform for them at the end of last season + playoffs. The Rockets got a high 2nd round pick for Morris (turned into Canaan), who backed up Patterson, may have been able to get something similar for Patterson.

#72 Carl Herrera, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

It would be cool if the trade happens and money can go on stage at press conference and say "yo. I ain't got nothin but Love for Harden"

14. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

no, at least harden get us to play off last year with lin parsons and asik and love cant do it with Rubio,c.brewer and pekovic who are all better then lin parsons and asik

15. verysimplejason

I might if Rubio and Corey Brewer as well with KL... send them JH and/or JL/Asik/Parsons/TJones or include another 3rd party to get it done. Pekovic + KL will also be very interesting. Finally, don't forget to fire McHale. :) Wake me up when it's done.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I'm for giving Harden another year. If nothing improves, I'm sure the rockets brass will do what needs to be done and explore all the options. But asking or even thinking a trade will happen this year is unrealistic.

17. anchel

anchel Member

Love is not improving defensively, Harden is expected to improve something.
    An consider that it is more detrimental for a team a bad defender at PF than at SG position.
    Some people really is not aware of how bad Love is defensively. Here in Spain Ricky's team is very followed. I can tell you that is not casual that Love has not leaded a team to the playoffs.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

El carlos in troll the world mode.

19. jocar

jocar Member

I won't do that. And neither would Dorwood Murray!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z6SoqMPhDXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It's puzzle me to think why people are even thinking about trading Harden. A effing All-star at the age of 24. This man has a lot more to learn in the game... Defense being one, but will go down as one of the great SG in the game. (Calling it now).