1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Really?

Clutch,
    I do not see much of a point to this???? We have known each other FOREVER! Why would you try to split your own site's ROCKET!!! fan base. This really does not make much sense to me.

I did not either post, vote or even read the initial thread and still have not done so nor do I really care to as it does not interest me.

As I have said for years, all that matters to me is the team (of course, we all like the wins more than the losses.....lol!)

The great thing about the creation of this site was and is that it is and should be an objective (not team wise...that should be bias as we all love the ROCKETS!!!) place to discuss all issues (i.e. Harden has been atrocious this series or Harden is making Matthews look like a superstar).

Again, I really do not see the point to all this. Who cares if the folks that love Lin, Yao, Rudy T or whomever are biased? Does that really matter. If I do not agree with someone's comment, I just state my opinion otherwise. If they are rabid or irrational, I do not bother responding to them...why bother? Yet once again, what's the point?

Anyway, thought I saw you at the game Wednesday....real issue now.....Does it look like Harden feels completely owned by Matthews? Everything in his body gestures, facial expressions and his intentional shot avoidance are very concerning to me.

ROCKET!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

my reaction too. its so effing dumb. the people who are flaming each other are rediculous and the moderator joins in on it instead of actually moderating the boards so that its not just filled with dumbasses baiting and arguing over dumb things.

3. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I haven't seen this much butt hurt since Obama won over Romney.

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I don't know what it is about the Rockets point guard position that causes fans to lose their minds.

I experienced the hate for Kenny when Derek Harper was man handling him during the first Finals run to a title. But, I pulled for him and WANTED him to succeed - because he was a HOUSTON ROCKET.

I experienced the tug of war between AB and Lowry fans, I mean haters.... then Dragic and Lowry haters... all three having warts and good things to love and bad things to get frustrated about. But, all along, I pulled for ALL of them to succeed - because they were HOUSTON ROCKETS.

To Clutch's points - the LOF's can be and often are very - sometimes extremely - delusional. Still, those that are that way are so comical I've never felt the need or desire to respond. It's "a given" and "common sense" that James Harden is out best player (a case can be made for Dwight now) and when a LOF would suggest otherwise, it was so painfully obvious they were strictly a LOF, they were easily "written off".

But, to goyao11's point - the "reaction from the other side....jeez, they have been unbearable". This is an understatement.

The immaturity, low class, tasteless, ridiculous, stupid, no-common-sense-having posts regarding Lin are mind blowing. It has to be some combination of A) their hate for LOF's, B) Lin's salary, C) them wishing we still had Dragic or Lowry, or D) they're simply racist (yeah, I went there).

Even Tinman... someone who annoys some with his constant historic type posts lost his mind when he made an absurd who is better - Maloney or Lin thread. Are you serious? Better FIT for THIS team, maybe... I could see that nod going to Maloney. But, BETTER PLAYER? Man, come on... I go WAY back... to the Murphy and Malone days... and I TRUST Tin's knowledge and appreciate his affection for our championship teams and legends. But, that makes NO SENSE whatsoever....lol. Just another example of the "hate" this kid gets.

Does he frustrate the hell out of you? No question. But, so does James... Dwight... so did T-Mac. So did Sam I AM on occasion. So does nearly every player we love that has worn our beloved Houston Rockets jersey.

The LOF posts declaring Lin's excellence or superiority in areas which are obviously just not true are funny, not annoying. The LOH posts that ridicule him, overblow every single play he's involved in are unbelievable.

How you could not pull for the guy is beyond me. His story is amazing. His attitude is great. His hustle is consistent. You don't like his TALENT... fine. How about, "man, I'll be glad when we're able to upgrade at the sixth man or backup point position... I had hopes for Lin, but he's just proven to be too inconsistent. We need to get better". God, no... can't take that approach - the hip and in thing to do is to make fun of the guy and over analyze every play he's involved in. "Lin sucks" and "He's a SCRUB" are so much more accurate and FUN to say... maybe it makes those who say it feel better, I don't know.

I thought it was hilarious when people on this board were so pissed with Morey and the Rockets for letting Lin go.....when he was blowing up in NY. I laughed and knew it was short term and completely UNDERSTOOD the decision we made. But, once we signed him... I was going to pull for him and wish him nothing but success, regardless of the LOF's it drew to the team and this site and their delusional opinions.

But, the "other side" is disgusting.

2 people like this.
  5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's pathetic that some want to lecture another group having to do this but not that.

Everyone is equal here until Clutch shuts some of us out.

Just stop EVERYBODY~~. Sorry if it looks that I'm shouting.

1 person likes this.
  6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Yes, but it's not the side you think.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The LOF's must love punishment. They got b**** slapped and owned by Clutch and yet they keep coming back for more. Too many strong butthurt comments from them.

As a side, so many fools calling this site trash but yet spend most of their time here. If you think this site is trash or has gone down, kindly just leave, You won't be missed

2 people like this.
  8. sew

sew Member

lol @ this circus.

9. Silverman

Silverman Member

Exactly, and Lin is the only Chinese basketball player left in NBA after Yeo. He have a lot of Asian fan crazy about him. We should understand that totally. Just relax. Enjoy the game. It's a entertainment business.

10. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

As a Lin fan i find this refreshing and right to the core of the problem, people care too much about Lin when really theres 1000,other bigger problems on the team. I just hope tonight is the night all Rocket players and fans are finally in sync.

11. davidghall

davidghall Member

This is definitely a drop the mic post by Clutch. There is no more argument a LOF can even come up with because they are now buried and fighting from the grave.

2 people like this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you should go to the D&D the butthurt to this day is hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  13. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Ah, we should have a flowchart for the go-to responses from "True Rockets Fans"

Step 1: Accuse posters of:
    [x] Being LOF, so not being a True Rockets Fan.
    [x] Owned by Clutch or other True Rockets Fan.
    [x] Being butthurt...so so butthurt...unlike a True Rockets Fan.

Step 2: Insult with snark:

[ ] Call them pathetic and/or a loser.
    [ ] Insinuations about the posters sexual orientation.
    [ ] Attach meme, or gif, or video displaying superiority.

Step 3: Kindly ask them to:
    [x] GTFO or STFU, because you're not True Rockets Fan.

:)

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Always in a good mood. <a href="http://t.co/rMYqHnrvs8">pic.twitter.com/rMYqHnrvs8</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/462403963849936896">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cheer up, everybody!!

:grin::grin:

15. jocar

jocar Member

Lol! Nice little experiment there, Clutch! :D But we already know the ridiculous fanaticism of the Lin fanboys/soccermoms knows no bounds.

One thing to keep in mind... the majority of the crazed ones (yummyhawtsauce, khyberjones, sleepyazn, nanisteru, *insert obsessed fanboy here*) can't restrain themselves from posting each time Lin is criticized, or when Lin's "obstacles" need trashing. They're either hormonal, insecure teenie boppers <3 head over heels for a 25yo asian dude<3, or basement dwellers who needed something in life to root for. And if you take that away (Mchale benched, Harden ballhogged, Bev stole the spotlight) from his vicarious glory leeches.... they will hate you for it. See mentality of Lin's most "loyal fans" @ jeremylin.net.

I vote for public LOF poll to see what age groups we are dealing with here. Among the most frequent LOFerriffic posters, youngins or creepy old dudes lying about their age is probably what we'd see if the votes were public. I think the overwhelming insecurity of this bunch (can't take criticism, jealousy of his teammates getting props or attention, neediness, selfishness, hatred of everyone in Lin's way, and so on) compared to other fan groups, stems from being "underdogs" with low self esteem who root for, or live vicariously through, THE ultimate underdog. Either that, or they are Justin Bieber groupies who have moved on to the next prey/host.

Bottom line: Most are just poo-butts behaving like poo-butts.

/Vent.

Ahhhhhhhhh feelsgoodman.

ROX IN 7!

2 people like this.
  16. naesoon

naesoon Member

This thread has made me realize how immature this is. "Ooh, we got the LOFs good!" Brother. I had a high level of respect towards Clutch, but this was really disappointing that it had to come down to this from the owner himself. This just allowed more hate and negativity in this forum. That's what was accomplished. Wow. Whatever he was trying to prove, nothing is going to change. People will still defend Lin and others will still hate him no matter what the reasons are. Was this suppose to teach some valuable lesson? All I got from this was a feeling of shock and disappointment that Clutch was capable of stooping this low.

By the way, not all Fans of Lin are delusional. We easily admit that Lin has flaws and have frustrations with him, but we still root for him, just like there are fans that support Harden and Howard. There's nothing wrong with expressing different opinions, but when those opinions turn into very hateful and ignorant comments, that's when it becomes a problem.

17. hltiki

hltiki Member

I like spreading my legs

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Top 5 Thread in Clutchfans history. Absolutely hilarious troll.

1 person likes this.
  19. naesoon

naesoon Member

There are better things to do. I'm going to watch my team kick some butt tonight and will support the entire team!

20. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

The only people butthurt are the Rockets team. Lin does bad your team does bad.