1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 3/16/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2014.

1. torocan

torocan Member

This.

I can live with losing to the Heat, especially if Lebron goes crazy or we just can't hit a shot. Those games happen.

However, I don't want to see a complete lack of effort like in the Bulls game. That was embarrassing as hell, because the entire starting line up basically mailed it in.

It's a seriously bad outing when the Entire starting line up minus Howard only scored as many points as Jeremy Lin did in 24 minutes.

I mean, no joke... look at that box score. http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400489841

Tjones - 20 minutes, 1/7, 2 points, -22
    Parsons - 26 minutes, 1/11, 2 points, -20
    Beverley - 30 minutes, 3/9, 9 points, -31
    Harden - 27 minutes, 2/7, 8 points, -30

Total - 103 minutes, 7/34, 21 points

Lin - 24 minutes, 7/13, 21 points, +6

That kind of effort makes me want to throw up...

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

If they play like they did against the Bulls they will lose by 40-50 points. Lack of effort is inexcusable at this level. If they give an all out effort, then a loss is acceptable though disappointing. Winning in Miami seems unlikely, but at least fight hard.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'll be at the game tomorrow close to the court, look for me yelling at the ref clyde drexler jersey fan like.

1 person likes this.
  4. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

cant remember when was the last time we blew out somebody? Last seasone rockets blownout a lot of opponents...

5. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Man, that is exciting, have a good time out there.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

Gonna be right there with you. I'll keep an eye out. Lets make it hell on them.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

8. adobo

adobo Member

We need Dwight to show up in this game and Miami to continue there slump

9. Doublemint

Doublemint Member

Go Rockets! Preview of the Finals

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Lets hope McHale shows up too

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

wtf??? how can that be? this is one of the strangest rockets team i've seen in my days as a basketball fan.

i expect the first 3 game losing streak. past 2 games would back me up on that claim.

12. Dogtag

Dogtag Member

we and okc were no1 Off last year while this year our defense got lot better and that kind of lead to slight weaker off this yr

13. Andrew Wiggins

I don't thin the rockets have ever played a top 5 team in the league after two losses, let alone the heat.

Here's to hoping that streak doesn't end.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'll be wearing a white Harden jersey & my friend will be wearing a red All Star sleeved Howard jersey. If you catch us say what's up!

15. jchau90

jchau90 Member

After the shocking display against the Bulls, lets see if our starters have learn't anything from the benching.

16. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

hehe soft middle... on a serious note, dwight needs to take care of the ball and play with some conviction like he did in february.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's hard to believe, isn't it? That's the one thing that's really impressed me about this Rockets team this season. They've had their share of disappointing losses, but they manage to bounce back from them most of the time. Even the championship Rockets teams were prone to going on a losing streak after a bad loss.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They played the Spurs after back to back losses to the Grizzlies.

19. Ngadban389

Ngadban389 Member

Just so happened to be flying into Fort Lauderdale tomorrow on business around noon, so I pulled the trigger on a ticket to the game tomorrow just now.

Sad I didn't realize this sooner to bring my rockets apparel with me to wear to the game. Any fellow Houston rockets fans want to meet up tomorrow?

20. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

We had better 3-point shooting: Tony Douglas, Marcus Morris, Carlos Delfino, blowing out weaker opponents like Utah Jazz with a barrage of 3's.

The threes don't fall nearly enough these days.