1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] The Patrick Beverley Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thesonofsam, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This entire article was just a wastebasket for all the national media storylines bandied about concerning the Rockets, from subtle digs against our organization to blatant jabs at our legitimacy:

James Harden is Hard to Watch Because of All the Flopping

Patrick Beverley Intentionally Injured Westbrook and Will Undercut Your Children As They Try To Sleep At Night

Dwight Howard Has Deteriorated In Athleticism, Post Play, and General Moral Fibre

Bill Simmons Makes Time Machine, Resurrects Jordan in 1994, Rescinds Rockets Championships

Us Vs Them. You're either in or you're out. And if you're in you don't give an ounce of credence to any of the BS ideas listed above. Propaganda is such that it seeps into the consciousness of the masses even as the rational among us reject it on solid grounds. So just say no from the beginning. Don't perpetuate such myths. Tell your Lakerfan buddies that they're jealous morons and move on with life.

1 person likes this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I liked it. Beverley is going to be in everyone's face and nobody is going to like it except Houston fans. He's getting his due from the mainstream media and it's only going to get better. Keep it up, Beverley!

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would like Grantland to show me one example of Beverley purposely cutting someones legs out from under them. In fact why not show me clips of his dirty plays they keep mentioning.

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Free clutchfans promotion on the article!

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Junkyard Dog and Mad Dog (reminds me of Mad Max) are my favorites.

One thing is for sure though pat would have fit right in with our championship teams. He clearly had the heart of a champion!

6. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I read the first couple paragraphs and blew it off... I realize that Russ Westbrook's injury was very unfortunate. But to run with the notion that Pat Beverley was responsible for the OKC star point guard's injury is both cowardly and hate-rousing.... The NBA is a physical league, and injuries from aggressive (non-dirty) play happen on occasion...

Sure Beverley was aggressive, but there was nothing out of the ordinary on that play.... It wasn't close to the level of, for example, Golden State's David Lee trucking players with blatant moving screens or locking Harden's arm while setting a screen.... There needs to be a distinction brought forth between aggressive play and dirty play.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Grantland = Gasland

:rolleyes:

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Zach Lowe is disappoint.

9. coffeelover665

media just trying to spread propaganda. Us fans know w'sup. Even fans that aren't fans of the Rockets respect Pat

10. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I suppose we can debate the merits of the article--whether it's good-natured fun, a hatchet job, or a little of both--but regardless... the Red Bull nickname is pretty terrific.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't really understand what Andrew Sharp's shick is. I've read a couple of his articles before too. They're all similar to this one in nature. Perhaps I'm too old or something, but I really just prefer straight analysis like Lowe or Barnwell.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

lolz @ Patman trolling Westbrook on the timeout...

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Red Bull. Not bad.

I like Patrick, all we need now is for him to take a few good elbows to Chris Paul. Make him pay for the flopping.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I still don't get why people try and act like what he does is dirty or sketchy... he just plays hard, if the entire league played as hard as Pat the league would be much more entertaining.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like Red Bull too.

DD

16. jocar

jocar Member

When you hear opposing teams' announcers, coaches and basketball writers calling him the heart and soul of this team, he IS the heart and soul of this team. We need more guys like him, get to it, DM!

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Turrable.

They spent the entire thread calling him a dirty player and claiming he routinely does things I have never seen him do. I've never seen him try to undercut someone dunking or go after another player's knee (can't believe they think the Westbrook thing was on purpose).

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Terrible article. I don't think they've watched more than 5 Rockets games this year.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Maybe Grantland actually secretly hates Beverely and this is their way of drawing negative attention to him..just constant backhanded compliments. He play so hard...but dirty!. He's a player you love...to hate!

Ever since this article Bev is getting a bad rep around the league. A lot of mentions of his "antics".

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Harden, Howard and Beverly
    The Beard The Brawn and The Boogeyman.