1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Oh. My bad. I didn't see what you did there.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Roxanne Kowalski: Nobody had a coat?
    C.D. Bales: I thought you said you didn't want a coat...
    Roxanne Kowalski: Why would I not want a coat?
    C.D. Bales: You said you didn't want a coat!
    Roxanne Kowalski: I was being ironic.
    C.D. Bales: Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Why do you have to lump all Jeremy Lin fans into your post?

I'm a fan of Lin, not a LOF.

4. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

The idea that Lin's bad play was all due to the coaches and he's not at all accountable for his play is hilarious

5. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Me personally I think the Rockets have gone back to running more and more PnR. That along with Lin being aggressive, and contrary to CF I think McHale is fine with Lin being an attack guard it's just lin is unconfident/timid a lot.

6. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Agreed. No coach encourages passive play or excess turnovers. But Sampson and Finch do have very different approaches to the game. Of course it could be this change in approach in the last couple of games is just a coincidence.

#866 Breitbard, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thou shall not speak ill of the death.

8. dxdx

dxdx Member

Relax. That's obviously not what he meant.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There are several members having a conversation about how tonight's performance by Jeremy simply has to be because Coach Sampson is gone due to a death in his family. I can't speak for Clutch, but that's one of the dumbest arguments I've heard in a while. More to the point regarding Clutch's post, if Coach Sampson being absent brought about Jeremy's fine performance tonight, then McHale must not have had it in for Mr. Lin after all.

Get it?

10. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Great road win.

11. visible

visible Member

Totally agree. Lin is very consistent if giving him pg role instead of backup sg.

12. visible

visible Member

Yes, Lin was SG and Harden was PG for most of game beside last 2.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good win on the road. What a great game by Lin! One of his best games as a Rockets IMO.

Also nice to see Howard and Jones step up and have good games. Parsons coming in also helped offset an off-shooting night by Harden.

Gotta learn how to close these teams out better though. Still have lots of improvement to make.

1 person likes this.
  14. just a word

just a word Member

It's gotten to the point that I trust TJones on the break now. I mean occasionally he runs into trouble around the basket in traffic and misses a dunk but I figure that'll come with a bit more experience.

It feels really really good that the Rockets seem to have finally solved the PF problem, now just a little more shoring up the bench is needed. (MOREY GET IT DONE :mad:)

15. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Need more games to confirm it , but it lo

16. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Thank you. I'm called an LOF all the time and I've been on Clutchfans since 2003. I do like Lin. But I like Howard and Harden just as much. I took an afternoon off work to stand in line to welcome Harden and even got to high five him. But yet, I'm called a Lin only fan bc I defend him and call people out who post blatant lies about him on here.

#876 ed_tx, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Sorry to Clutch, I didn't mean for my post to come off as rude.

I agree with you and Clutch that it is a dumb argument, LOF's say a lot of dumb things all of the time. It just gets old for Rocket fans that are Lin fans to always being grouped together with LOF's.

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

[​IMG]

Harden get picked on this play.

19. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Those people are idiots. But why generalise the opinion of a few individuals into some kind of mass consensus when it doesn't exist? It's just stooping down to the level of argument that the idiots made in the first place.

Honestly, I have no idea why Mchale is allowing Lin to play PG recently. It seems like the team started trying to do this after the player's meeting. I noticed Lin handling the ball a lot more since the Knicks game. The real test will be if we continue to see this style of play when Bev returns or if Lin has a bad game. Can we dare to hope that Mchale has realised that he can't keep running Harden into the ground and expect him to do everything by himself? Perhaps Lin is being showcased for a trade at the deadline? His trade value would have been pretty
    low before the last couple of games.

All that said, as a PG Lin is valuable to this team. As a backup SG he isn't worth his contract.

1 person likes this.
  20. Chris Jent MVP

Did "millions" of Lin fans criticize McHale? Really? :rolleyes: