1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

You sound miserable. Go outside and get some fresh air please :)

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I recall a few more times, but you could be right. Either way two is still multiple times so I am still right regardless. :)

If Lin was anywhere close to sniffing CP3's jock straps, we wouldn't be having this discussion with you Lin fans. In comparison to CP3 as a player and what he brings to the table, Lin is a complete scrub.

3. Little General

You are horrible man... Just cus you dont like Lin's fans, you take it out on bashing Lin... smh

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Because you pay too much attention to him.

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Everybody who I know personally and have seen Lin play during the last month has said that he has been playing excellent defense.

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lin must hit 3's at an high clip again, He have been in a slump lately.

7. Little General

I know right? But I get the feeling if you say that here you'll get bashed or labelled a LOF and then every comment you make will get bashed on...

8. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Wow, it's kind of sad how far out of your way some of you are willing to go to pile hate on someone you don't even know...

Lin isn't as good as CP3? Tell us something we don't know? CP3 is one of the best players to ever set foot on a basketball court. You can say the same thing for 90% of the league and 99.999999% of the rest of humanity.

Coming up next week on Sad Troll Uses Obvious Facts to Hate: Jeremy Lin, Not a Good Christian Compared to Jesus

9. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

[​IMG]

God forbid you bring some perspective. Lin under the microscope 24/7, if he isn't dropping all star numbers, he's a scrub. Most Lin supporters are realistic about his abilities and really obvious weaknesses, but some elitist veterans here and trolls keep bringing up "LOF" continually and derailing any objective talks about Lin. The Lin homers arent' as many as some posters talk about, most of his supporters are actually realistic about Lins ceiling.

10. yummyhawtsauce

Honestly, I think Lin' spassing is fine, but just the last couple of games, he hasn't been in the right mind set or something, just terrible terrible TOs. He knows it too, the look on his face after those TOs lol.

11. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Nobody is comparing Lin to CP3, or saying Lin is a superstar. The point is simply even a superstar goes through stretches of bad shooting. So Lin going through a cold stretch should not be a surprise to anyone.

12. ILoveWhiteGirls

LOH complaining about this particular performance?? Explain yourselves now!!!

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Perspective: Chris Paul has a damn near 30 PER and while his FG% was bad those particular games, he still maintained a pps > 1, had greater than 10 assists, less than 3 turnovers, multiple steals in each game. Not to mention elite defense.

Here we go again with the Lin pity party parade. Poor Lin is the victim because people don't think he should start because of fit.

You LOF brought this on yourselves.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The only thing Lin has made a case for is that he belongs on the bench.

He's actually a pretty good sixth man. They should keep him there. His defense is too atrocious to play alongside Harden for big minutes. But his offense is sorely needed with the second unit.

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

Talk about a thread heating up. Wow.

This is the chicken and the egg argument to the Nth degree. All it takes is one troll or clearly asinine comment by either a Lin fan or Lin detractor and all hell breaks loose.

Was it this bad in NY? When Lin's play started to decline post Linsanity before the injury it must have been nightmarish.

16. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

We are providing stats that will show haters atleast a good reason why Lin should have the support Of this organization to mature and develop as a complete Player...treat like a true pg thats it! but bunch of haters are trooping to bring the kid down in every mistakes he made.cp3 finished his season 2005-2006 with 16.1 pts and 7.8 asst while jeremy lin finished his season with houston with 13.4 pts &.6.1 asst...Cp3 took aatleast 3 seasons to get an all star numbers averaging atleast 21 pts...can we just give Lin the same time to improve man???yes its not safe to compare cp3 to lin for now but Lin showed flashes of greatness...The kid is a stud and i bet in 2 yrs time he will be one of the best pg in the league...

17. Little General

I agree Chris Paul is the best PG, but a lot of the times people making out to be as if Lin is a horrible player or something. Calling him a scrub... Lin is not a scrub, he is a very good and serviceable player, starter or benchplayer. I prefer Lin to be a starter, but I get about the fit because our bench is pretty weak if we don't have a playmaker like Lin. But as we have seen, Lin is also a pretty good fit with the starters.

18. Little General

I disagree with you that his defense is atrocious. Last 10 games or so his defense has been very good. Why would you say that it is atrocious?

19. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but as far as I recall, it was quite smooth. The absolute low point of Lin was that famous/infamous Miami game, when LeBron and Wade ganged up and trapped him at half court.

You can't say coach Woodson didn't have his concern or reserve in the beginning. But after a few games, when Lin showed what could do on the court, especially adapt to play with Melo, he was relatively stable - not spectacular, but decent. Woodson said in a post-game interview that he trusted his starting PG and put the ball into his hands in the fourth quarter, and Lin repaid his trust with some impressive games.

If Lin was just that 7-game fluke, Knicks wouldn't have come out and said they would match for anything, even a billion. Then of course, the poison-pill happened...

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So is it coach's fault that CP3 is going through a shooting slump?

Players go through slumps every now and then. All of them do. It's not always coach's fault. Let that get through your thick skull.

I have accepted who Lin is, a young player with potential albeit inconsistent at times. What I hate is those fans blaming everybody else and their mom. That's what most of the Rox fans on this board have problem with too.