1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I vote for players I want to show support for, even though I know some of them will definitely not make it and some of them will make it even without my votes. I want to be part of a number that reflects the player's popularity.

That's why I'm called a fan.

If it's all about who plays better basketball, I won't be a Rockets fan and some teams won't have any fans.

2. Chris Jent MVP

LMAO, same here :cool:

3. jvu

jvu Member

It's not about what's fair when it comes down to a open public voting. It's not embarrassing if one of our lesser players make the all stars because you or peers don't think he deserves it. In a business aspect.. It's about marketing power and how many fans you've influenced to watch and vote for you.

If Jeremy makes all star I'm in full support. It just shows how diverse basketball culture has grown throughout china. It shows how much power Influence he has in the NBA. Lin probably accumulates 10x his salary amount to the NBA. Lin generates $$ for the rockets which is based in Houston. Houston slightly increases $$. State of texas slightly increases $$. And boom he's just a good player generating money for the city of Houston and the nba! Maybe we'll pay back china with Lin jerseys to get us out of debt who knows.. But my point is you should always support your team and it's players especially if you post on their forums.

If you are a true rocket fan than you should be out voting for him not because he doesn't deserve it.. But because he's on our team and he makes is a **** ton of $$!

1 person likes this.
  4. jvu

jvu Member

Glad I'm not the only one supporting Lin on this. Haha

5. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Boo freaken hoo people like Jeremy Lin. Aside from the fact that he's very likable and popular, he's putting up amazing stats and was tweeted many times behind the name "Lebron James" this year for his efficiencies. Of course he is going to start getting votes.

1 person likes this.
  6. N/A

N/A Member

I don't understand what the big friggin deal is. 1.All-Star game in every sport is an exhibition. No one cares what the outcome is and no one plays it seriously. It's for the fans in case some of you don't comprehend that. People are crying about Lin getting in to a meaningless game...really? 2.Every All-Star game has a few undeserving players go. If it happens to be Lin, it's a no-no? Really? Who the hell cares? Whether it's Lin or Kwame Brown, let the players play. This is idiotic.

1 person likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Pathetic

8. baki

baki Member

So Dwight Howard must be better and more exciting than Blake Griffin? or even LMA?

While Kobe is Kobe, Rose wasn't all that good this year and Westbrook is no longer the same explosive player as before. Lin is a good player but even he would admit to not being ready for the ASG because he hasn't lived up to his OWN expectations. That's humbling. If fans want him in the game, then let the voting speak for themselves.

There have been more undeserving players that have played in the ASGs before:
    - Tyrone Hill
    - Anthony Mason
    - Wally Szczerbiak
    - Memet Okur
    - BJ Armstrong
    - James Donaldson
    - Brad Miller

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Are you drunk? I have been around longer than you have(see moniker), and yet this player hasn't been a Rocket for years.

I am not a true Rocket fan because I don't think Lin deserves to be in the Rockets game? If that's your argument than I have no rebuttle. I believe that hard work earns reward. And the best players deserve votes. Sorry you disagree?

10. tmacfor35

It's a race thing. If Lin was white/black this actually wouldn't be a convo. Nobody is crying. It is the fans who are getting butt hurt about the fans who think that he doesn't deserve it, which is true. It really isn't an exhibition game to the players. It's an honor to make the team, and when someone like Jeremy Lin makes it, and guys like Damian Lillard get left out, it causes resentment.

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Its weirded that Harden still quite behind Lin!!!!
    What happen to this forum??

12. lightningbolt

lightningbolt Member

I'm gonna throw this out there:
    Code:
    Name      MP   FGM FGA FG%  3P%  FTA FTM FT%  TS%  AST TOV STL BLK PTS
    Player 1  29.4 4.7 9.9 .470 .396 4.0 5.1 .784 .605 4.1 2.7 1.9 0.4 14.7
    Player 2  29.8 4.6 9.3 .495 .389 4.1 5.2 .791 .632 4.2 2.9 1.1 0.5 14.7

One of the players is Jeremy Lin this season in the 21 games up to the present. The other player is Manu Ginobili in 04-05 in 29 games from 11/3 to 12/28. The coaches voted him into the All-Star reserve squad that season along with Steve Nash and Ray Allen. I'll leave it as an exercise to CF readers to figure out which is which.

1 person likes this.
  13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Have you looked at there numbers? Very identitical and Lin has the lower USG.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...sum=1&p1=lillada01&y1=2014&p2=linje01&y2=2014

Even on Synergy there numbers are identical. Lin at 0.98ppp with a higher FG% and a lower 3P% and Damian is at 1.01pp which a lower FG% and a higher 3P%. Both have been playing at high level.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

This should end this thread as to whether Lin deserves it or not if he's voted into the all-star game. Great find.

1 person likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

....... It proves nothing other than the fact Ginobli didn't deserve it.

Nice join date.

16. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

^^ Yay! Join date!

Congratulations, Big5. Read my signature.

1 person likes this.
  17. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Thanks Casa. I've already accepted his join date remark as his capitulation.

18. tmacfor35

Join dates on Clutchfans are usually telling on why this poster joined the site. His coincides with Howard/Lin. Bandwagoner, or LOF, and by reading his post in this thread, I'd say he has an infatuation with LIN.

Digging up and 04 season from Ginobli to solidly his argument is laughable. Saying a player deserves to be on an allstar team when there are at minimum 10 better players at the guard position is delusional. It's good to support players on the team you like.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

Mods should just go ahead and ban everyone before 2008 and not allow new registrants. Maybe kick out those asians too.

20. tmacfor35

Look. Stop being emotional and putting words in my mouth. The argument was, he claims I'm not a Rockets fan because I don't think Lin deserves to be on the all star team. That's obvious. Most of the new posters are tolerable, but ones like "Big5" add no insight, just their creepy infatuation with Jeremy Lin who happens to be asian.