1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Now it is obvious

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Asik for Lee and Bass makes a lot of sense for the Rockets. Sure the Rockets would like to have gotten a bigger haul for Asik but outside of trades, he has no value on the court with him not playing. I've always like both Lee and Bass' games and even suggested this trade a couple times already. They both would be welcomed additions to the team and especially the bench. We don't have a good back up shooting guard and Lee can help Harden rest, and even allow Harden to play point in certain situations as Lee can guard point guards such as Westbrook and Lillard. Our rebounding is bad especially when Howard is on the bench. Bass is an above average rebounder. I'll take that over Garcia, Casspi, Smith and Dmo getting bullies out of rebounds any day. And they both have played and played well with Howard. I like this trade.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Depends where that first rounder is. Make it protected unless its 10-16, then I'll take it. After 5 yrs, it becomes unprotected.

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm not sure why people are upset with Morey. He's getting what he can get for Asik. Other teams just aren't that impressed with Asik. You can't force someone to make a trade. Because Asik won't play backup center for us, Morey is doing all he can do. Plus, this is just the first trade with others to come. Morey has Harden and Howard, but he still has a lot of building to do.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

trade makes us better than what we are now so I will take it, the cap space is not ideal but that's something for Morey to figure out,

1. lee will help major on defense, more rest for harden, better shooter & defender than bev because of his length & experience. Do we start LEE ? harden handles the PG duties anyway.

2. bass is a solid back up PF, will be good to pair with Howard vs physical PFs.

3. Casspi will play less and back up parsons.

4. we still keep our 6th man Lin for now.

5. We Get a 1st round pick

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thank you doc rocket thank you

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't necessarily disagree but...

...but basically this.

Woj: "(Omer) has become an increasingly unhappy presence within the franchise's locker room."

Can't keep the guy around much longer, if at all.

Sucks for the Rockets that Omer is a <strike>little b****</strike> distraction. Never would have saw that coming but it is what is now.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

All you guys saying morey got moreyed. We don't even know what the deal is yet, it could be those Brooklyn picks or could change.

Everyone just calm down, bass is statistically one of the best spot shooters when open in the game

10. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

How can people get mad at conjecture/speculation.

Then direct it towards Morey. There is no deal yet.

Save your vitriole for when an actual deal occurs! Jeez!

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's been common knowledge that morey has been wanting a 1st rounder for asik for a while now, but i know you're just jealous so i'll let you be.

12. tzou88

tzou88 Member

I love how doc swoops in and pacifies a bunch of scrubs.

13. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're all complainy about Bass and Lee.

Think in a couple years - who are we trying to get? Love, Aldridge, etc. An unprotected first round pick from Brooklyn in 2016 will look veeeeeery appealing. They might be totally blown up at that point.

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

The salaries already work. Don't listen to Feigen.

Rockets can take back 150% (+$100k) of Asik's $8.374M or about $12.66M.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee just walked into the #Celtics’ locker room, and I overheard Bass asking Rondo questions about trade deadline.

— Gethin Coolbaugh (@GethinCoolbaugh) December 18, 2013

16. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

I dont understand why we cant get spencer hawes for a good 2nd round pick (which we have) and filler, hes only a 1year rental. That gives us lin, lee, casspi, bass, hawes off the bench.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

So what the deal??? lots of talk about Bass and Lee??? any truth??

Hoping we get some picks...trading Asik was hard, and really we needed takers...Getting solid rotation players might be worth it considering that Asik undercut his value by making it known he wanted to start and wouldnt accept a bench role again.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

mavericks fan trolling, what's new!!!!

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If nothing is done before the game or halftime tonight deal will be made tomorrow

20. donatas

donatas Member

I still think it will be a 4 team deal with Knicks and Raptors/Sixers also involved.